PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning out RG150 exhaust?

FROSTY
4th June 2009, 09:38
Whilst the damage to "the" rg 150 is being repaired I thought its time to get the exhaust system cleaned out. Trouble is Im in a "clean" zone so I can't do it here.
Can anyone suggest a place the KNOW will decarbon the exhaust ??

vifferman
4th June 2009, 09:51
Whilst the damage to "the" rg 150 is being repaired I thought its time to get the exhaust system cleaned out. Trouble is Im in a "clean" zone so I can't do it here.
What does "clean zone" mean? You can't use a blowtorch to decarbon it?
What about oven cleaner (or other caustic cleaner)?

FROSTY
4th June 2009, 10:10
What does "clean zone" mean? You can't use a blowtorch to decarbon it?
What about oven cleaner (or other caustic cleaner)?
basicly we back onto a school so no we can't do anything thats gonna make a heap of smoke here.

FROSTY
4th June 2009, 18:10
heeeeelp please

16silver
4th June 2009, 20:50
heeeeelp please

cmon guys please help my m8 frosty out, he has been working his butt off trying to get my bike set up for me so i have something to ride :) help a fella out here he has literally been working to the bone getting this bike built for me

FROSTY
6th June 2009, 16:01
bump bumpygfdy

samgab
6th June 2009, 16:47
What about a hose bro? Not trying to be a smartarse, why won't a rinse out with water do the trick? Excuse my ignorance.

geoffm
6th June 2009, 20:42
Come around to my place? Have torch, and my neighbours are pretty understanding,otherwise out to the farm and stick it in the forge...
Geoff

FROSTY
7th June 2009, 12:52
What about a hose bro? Not trying to be a smartarse, why won't a rinse out with water do the trick? Excuse my ignorance.
No question asked is stupid dude :niceone:
The crud inside 2 stroke exhausts doesn't just rinse out --its a thick deposit.

Come around to my place? Have torch, and my neighbours are pretty understanding,otherwise out to the farm and stick it in the forge...
Geoff
Geoff Dude that would be fantastic. :clap:

samgab
7th June 2009, 13:00
The crud inside 2 stroke exhausts doesn't just rinse out --its a thick deposit.

Oh yeah, thinking back to the 2 stroke bikes I've owned, I remember now, It's all thick and oily gunk. I've been using 4 strokes for too long, where the carbon is dry and dusty!

hayd3n
7th June 2009, 13:15
why not get some cheap cans of degreaser from repco or supa cheap and soak it in that for a few minutes then wash it out

Wasp27
7th June 2009, 13:35

Go to your local Hardware store and get some 'Wipe-Out' Drain Cleaner. It will have 100% SODIUM HYDROXIDE marked on the container. Also get a couple of pair of gauntlet type plastic gloves. A 500 gram container should be enough to do it six or seven times over should it require it. You will need to plug up one end and stand it vertical then mix up Caustic in plastic 10 litre bucket by stirring carefully with wooden stick....BE VERY CAREFUL dis stuff will burn you if you splash it about. Follow the instructions carefully. Mixing with warm water is best.....carefully pour mixture into upturned chamber.....leave mixture in for approx 6-8 hrs...then rinse out thoroughly with cold water. Dont let mixture contact any surface you value:nono:
Repeat if necessary :niceone: cheers W

The Pastor
7th June 2009, 14:07
invest in a large parts cleaner and degrease it :D

FROSTY
7th June 2009, 15:21
its a fair bit er heavier than degreaseer can take off

The Pastor
7th June 2009, 16:21
There are products out there that do the trick, but its expensive and takes over night useally.

The torch up the end of the pipes the easy way.

MSTRS
7th June 2009, 16:31
The torch up the end of the pipes the easy way.

Make sure you use fresh batteries tho...otherwise you are unlikely to see much :bleh:
Frosty - if making a lot of black smoke is not on (what's wrong with a Sunday?), then I'd agree with soaking it in a caustic solution like Wasp27 said. Afterwards, pour it into a drain that may need a clean out too :niceone: