PDA

View Full Version : Hole in radiator

1vanvan1
10th June 2009, 20:47
I recently got a hole in my radiator of my CBR600rr.

It is about the size of a pin hole and there is a little dent also.

It is on one of the horizontal fins.

WHere is the best place to get this repaired? And what cost am i looking at?

AllanB
10th June 2009, 21:20
Is there water comming out? Or is it just cosmetic?

The Pastor
10th June 2009, 21:24
you can solder/braze it if small enough.

any radiator repair shop should see you right

EJT
10th June 2009, 21:28
Pukekohe Radiators fixed mine with epoxy. Had a small hole. I think Mt Eden Motorcycles take theirs there as well (don't quote me on that). Cost around $50, but I took the radiator off my bike and took it in separate.

Radiator sweet as now.

Next step - buy a radiator guard:crybaby:

1vanvan1
10th June 2009, 22:23
Is there water comming out? Or is it just cosmetic?

There was coolant coming out yes. Sprayed all over my front tyre for good knows how long. Im lucky to have not come off

Pukekohe Radiators fixed mine with epoxy. Had a small hole. I think Mt Eden Motorcycles take theirs there as well (don't quote me on that). Cost around $50, but I took the radiator off my bike and took it in separate.

Radiator sweet as now.

Next step - buy a radiator guard:crybaby:

Yeah, Mine is all off. I have a guy who may be able to fix it but he isn't sure.

CookMySock
10th June 2009, 22:34
you can solder/braze it if small enough. any radiator repair shop should see you rightYou can, but you should make sure they use a proper alloy braze. If it's just a pinhole, then it will take you a lot longer to get the radiator off than it will for him to repair it.

Steve

PirateJafa
10th June 2009, 23:41
Kumeu Radiators.

They fixed up Andrew's dirtbike radiators a treat - they do all sorts from trucks to airplane's radiators too.

MaxB
11th June 2009, 00:10
I use South Auckland Radiators both for my stuff and my commercial applications. No probs etc.

If you need a recore try National Radiators in Penrose.

http://www.radiators.co.nz

They do all sorts and manufacture some too. They may not sell to the public so you might have to go through an agent.

BTW the OEM cost will make your eyes water.

Ascott
11th July 2009, 18:28
Eye watering aside, what would be an approximate cost for a GSX-R750 K7 radiator? If anyone as an informed idea I would like to know!
Al

Ascott
13th July 2009, 13:09
hi, $1620.00
Cheers
Al

vagrant
13th July 2009, 20:54
Kumeu Radiators.

They fixed up Andrew's dirtbike radiators a treat - they do all sorts from trucks to airplane's radiators too.

+1.
Rebuilt my RC30 racekit rads, and fabricated new brackets to fit the fans and other road type bits. Really good work and a decent price too.

ready4whatever
23rd July 2009, 10:10
just bog it with liquid metal. or a small dot of weld

_STAIN_
23rd July 2009, 12:01
Never let anyone near you radiator with that epoxy crap,
unless it's a temporary emergency repair.

A professional will do a braze repair, the only safe and long term solution.