just thought id take this time to express my hatred for exams

THEY SHIT!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH

THEYRE MAKING ME GO INSANE!!!!

I WANA GO ON A RIDE!!!!

any1 else share my views?

Brownstoo
11th June 2009, 23:31
They're pretty shit. Although the two extra weeks off to umm... 'study' for my two exams is nice.

Ragingrob
11th June 2009, 23:42
First exam's not till the 24th lol... Just sitting here biding my time!

PirateJafa
11th June 2009, 23:46
First exam is tomorrow.

Time to load up CS I guess.

bikerboy011
11th June 2009, 23:53
I got 3 exams 15th, 22nd and 24th then i am a free man :D

<G>
12th June 2009, 00:05
My exams are finished :banana:
2 assignments to finish, one due on Monday and the other on 1st July. Sucked having to study when the weather was so good. Hopefully we'll have some good weather during the break!

motorbyclist
12th June 2009, 03:12
yet again shafted by my timetable and the ridiculous work quantity in the last weeks of semester

but being my 5th time now i'm getting used to it...

though to make this one extra special i've come down with a cold the day before exams start!

Trudes
12th June 2009, 07:42
Yep, trying to cram a bunch of useless shit into my brain for one on Monday and one on Tuesday.... all to be forgotten by Wednesday!!:rolleyes:

Chrislost
12th June 2009, 07:59
yet again shafted by my timetable and the ridiculous work quantity in the last weeks of semester

but being my 5th time now i'm getting used to it...

Though to make this one extra special i've come down with a cold the day before exams start!

ai got the swine, ai cant sit it sir...

michael
12th June 2009, 08:16
Last exam on the 26th.....EVER. Unless I do post grad (highly unlikely). 5 years of studying coming to an anticlimactic ending. Hopefully I can find a job now so I can buy new toys to put on my wee bike.

Squiggles
12th June 2009, 08:18
First exam's not till the 24th lol... Just sitting here biding my time!

Yep, sux eh? I have one tomorrow pm then 24th, 25th, 26th :(

klyong82
12th June 2009, 09:50
Final exam on the 15th will be going for a ride next weekend....woohooo.....probably a coroloop you are more than welcome to join me

Real_Wolf
12th June 2009, 14:58
i only got two, yay, but one on the first day yesterday.... then one next friday so late chiller for me

ManDownUnder
12th June 2009, 15:04
You're gonna hate me then. I one of "them" that does better in exams than during the year.

.. bugger eh?

Aaaa well - think of when they're all finished and you come over into the light... and earn real money with the piece of paper those exams got you.

Good luck!

Danae
12th June 2009, 17:05
My exams are on 20th, 22nd, 24th and 26th

Disrespective
12th June 2009, 17:14
Ahhhh, gotta love being an architecture student, so few exams, so much time, it's a tough life. Now however, i wish i had gotten around to getting a motorbike licence earlier in life so i wasn't stuck to the 250 like peanut butter and toast.

Hanne
13th June 2009, 09:24
Mmmm peanut butter...

Here is some MOTIVATION cake for all you exam-sufferers (none of my papers have exams over here :banana:)

Real_Wolf
13th June 2009, 13:57
mmm, cake, now I want cake. Damn you

MattRSK
13th June 2009, 14:00
Wednesday, Saturday, Monday. Then 3 weeks of joyful work at allied workforce.

Magua
13th June 2009, 14:37
26th, 27th and the 29th. Plenty of time to procrastinate, er, study.

Ragingrob
14th June 2009, 15:23
Mmmm peanut butter...

Here is some MOTIVATION cake for all you exam-sufferers (none of my papers have exams over here :banana:)

Hanne, after a huge night out these pics you've posted are really making me feel queasy!!!! Arrrgggghhhh

klyong82
15th June 2009, 20:21
Haha I finished my exam muahhahaa time to ride in the rain......
oh and Andrew my friend says your bike is nice......

Squiggles
15th June 2009, 20:33
oh and Andrew my friend says your bike is nice......
His S2R 800?

PirateJafa
15th June 2009, 20:35
His S2R 800?
Still reckon he should have taken one of the Sport 1000s. :P

Squiggles
15th June 2009, 20:43
Still reckon he should have taken one of the Sport 1000s. :P

Meh, you're relegated to the scooter. :laugh:

PirateJafa
15th June 2009, 20:48
Meh, you're relegated to the scooter. :laugh:
Why would I want a big bike like that? I only need a courtesy bike to get home, and then back again the next morning to pick up my bike - not a NI tour. :P

That Bros 400 would be worth a ride though - just needed regging last time my bike was in though.

bomma
15th June 2009, 22:23
got my first exam tomorrow and am now no longer regret getting on the piss last night and coming home at 10.30 this morning drunk. the rain helped me sleep all through the day and having just got to uni i think i'll head home. lol i just don't understand how exams can be stressful :lol:

GSXR Trace
16th June 2009, 11:53
why do i always seem to be the sucker that gets shafted with exam schedules finishing on the last possible day... bring on mon 29th... then i can ride as much as I like for 3 weeks! but good to know im not the only one with long intervals before exams and no riding happening!

cambridgedan
16th June 2009, 12:17
yeap i hate exams im glad i dont have any for a while haha

MattRSK
17th June 2009, 14:12
Had my first exam this morning. Went pretty good actually, although I can't be sure what grade I will get there is one thing I know I got.... SWINE FLU.... sounded like a bloody hospital waiting room in there.

The Pastor
17th June 2009, 15:02
Lol uni students, you guys have no idea what the working people think of you ahahahahaha

MattRSK
17th June 2009, 15:03
Lol uni students, you guys have no idea what the working people think of you ahahahahaha

oh but i do. I quit my job to go to uni!

The Pastor
17th June 2009, 15:14
oh but i do. I quit my job to go to uni!
i do both, dont ever work, its a trap!

MattRSK
17th June 2009, 15:20
i do both, dont ever work, its a trap!

haha, good stuff. I'm struggling to find any work at all.

The Pastor
17th June 2009, 15:26
haha, good stuff. I'm struggling to find any work at all.
as soon as someone checks my net useage im going to get fired lols

motorbyclist
17th June 2009, 15:42
His S2R 800?

was the rvf400 actually:bleh:

though if there's one thing to be said for the ducati "monster", it's that it's always always good to ride other bikes to remind you of why you're happy with your one.

now if only women could understand this logic :innocent:

GSXR Trace
17th June 2009, 23:25
as soon as someone checks my net useage im going to get fired lols

haha at my work they block most non-work websites, facebook, trademe, u-tube etc, but they didn't know about KB... i make good use of this while waiting for things to process in the lab!

though if there's one thing to be said for the ducati "monster", it's that it's always always good to ride other bikes to remind you of why you're happy with your one.

you are the biggest dreamer out there... your viffer better than a ducati, and you think women are that bloody stupid!

Danae
17th June 2009, 23:29
:slap:

...riffer...

:rockon:

PirateJafa
17th June 2009, 23:34

you are the biggest dreamer out there... your viffer better than a ducati, and you think women are that bloody stupid!

Aaaaand Andrew's point has just been proven by the gal on the blue bike. :niceone:

GSXR Trace
17th June 2009, 23:35
right, sorry riffer... does it really make a difference? :innocent:
i mean.. the comparison is to a ducati... :whocares:

PirateJafa
17th June 2009, 23:41
Some people already have their ideal bikes.

(Some even have multiple of the same ones... :doh:)

motorbyclist
19th June 2009, 01:32

i think you misunderstood my analogy of bikes to women....
cheers ;)

but back to the riffer: commute on a 900cc monster for a day and you'll understand.

for those that care, go demo one or bear this review: i'd suggest skipping the post entirely but too late now i wont delete it after the time investment

underwhelming and resulting disappointment. design flaws, flimsy parts, design flaws, massive impracticalities and a real let-down from the motor.

only bonus is it got just as many looks as the riffer, but people recognise the ducati and seem to assume it's good, beleiving all the talk from old men who spent way too much on the thing without riding anything else.

handling was light, which was good. just dont try to do a U turn; steering lock is at about 15 degrees as to avoid denting the tank with the bars, rather than putting indents in the tank, so pick parking spots carefully cause you'll be doing a 5 point turn or worse. steering lock will lock straight ahead for maximum pose and minimum security. when i returned it the tank must've moved cause the left switchblock went from 4mm clearance to zero.

motor felt like it had less grunt than most 600s. the tacho had no actual visible redline (without VERY close inspection under the right lighting conditions), which turned out to be 2 thirds of the way round, leaving the other third just to make it look grunty.. gearbox would be good for popping stunt wheelies, didn't much like it otherwise. though to be fair the motor is an ancient design and air/oilcooled, which also means a lot of blow-by so extra frequent oil changes are required.

when me and a few other engineers took to it we really could tell this bike is not built for riding in the rain. clutch mechanism squeaked when lever pulled.

even the stand was missing a stick to push it down with - any attempt to kick it out while seated ended in a boot caught on the peg. the plastic bits like the wind sheild and front mudguard were way too flimsy to stand up to wind and will be prone to fatigue failure. no underseat storage for locks/helmet bag. the left wingmirror folded in under a 80kph wind and the passlight switch broke.

the sound was not that great either. good but not great.

ie, perfect poser bike, worst commuter ever. i had/have more fun on an fxr150. a bit more time on a dry set of roads would be nice but i just didn't find anything special about the bike, which ultimately makes it a failure as a ducati which is meant to capture an essence of riding. it succeeds as a ducati to pose with but undeservedly so, and has grunt sofar as my old man reckoned my nc30 was a rocket after 20 years of non-riding.

my conclusion: old men buy it as an alternative to a harley, compare performance to some crappy scrapmetal they rode in the 70's, talk it up to justify it without comparison to other bikes, and enjoy the attention it awards them.

all that said i cant wait to ride a "real" ducati like the 748 or the new 848 - atleast that should have some thrill to it. offers welcome ;)

(camparison to riffer: flaws; poor electrical design for lighting circut, cramped due to physical small size and a bastard to work on. Pros; sensational handling, great sound, should never need to see a mechanic, great motor for only 400cc. i enjoy the small size. epic win.)

Danae
19th June 2009, 15:12
:rockon:

HONDAAAAHHH

PirateJafa
19th June 2009, 16:30
my conclusion: old men buy it as an alternative to a harley, compare performance to some crappy scrapmetal they rode in the 70's, talk it up to justify it without comparison to other bikes, and enjoy the attention it awards them.

You are aware that Hanne's dad has been looking at buying a Monster? ;)

klyong82
19th June 2009, 21:00

Whose ya daddy Hanne? :shifty:

Hanne
23rd June 2009, 10:17

He has been, but now the cat has kidney failure and he has to wait a bit longer ><.

And although both do seem to be associated with midlife crises Ducatis are way prettier than Harleys.

(I would ride a monster too :P)

motorbyclist
23rd June 2009, 11:15
He has been, but now the cat has kidney failure and he has to wait a bit longer ><.

why? the cost to get it put down is pretty small compared to the ducati...

aren't .22 rounds only a few cents each? should cost less than a dollar, depending on your aim ;)

PirateJafa
23rd June 2009, 12:27
why? the cost to get it put down is pretty small compared to the ducati...

aren't .22 rounds only a few cents each? should cost less than a dollar, depending on your aim ;)
Could probably get PAID a few bucks for it if you sell it to a petfood factory...

Danae
23rd June 2009, 12:37
:killingme

Anyways

Two more exams to go

motorbyclist
23rd June 2009, 13:21
Could probably get PAID a few bucks for it if you sell it to a petfood factory...

isn't there a dodgy chinese/korean food place just down the road from them?

Real_Wolf
23rd June 2009, 13:44

Just find anywhere that sells mystery meat

PirateJafa
23rd June 2009, 13:46
That place wasn't dodgy, it was fooking excellent.

Hanne
23rd June 2009, 19:32
Well I suppose we could try the 'farm' that took our three rabbits....

klyong82
24th June 2009, 09:06
Mmmmmmmmmmhhhh cat meat....

Danae
24th June 2009, 14:34
One more to go! :2thumbsup

gavjn
24th June 2009, 14:35
i finishd 2day YAYAH!! THIS BOAT IS REAL!!!

Danae
24th June 2009, 14:52
YAYAH!! THIS BOAT IS REAL!!!

Sorry but...

wat?

Magua
24th June 2009, 14:59
Sorry but...

wat?

Don't you ever forget!

Danae
24th June 2009, 15:02
Take a good hard look, mother fucker

Squiggles
24th June 2009, 15:53
I bought a mermaid?

Dirty_Harri
24th June 2009, 16:05
I was supposed to be less stressed this year as I am on clinical placement- don't have exams until end of year...but it's worse! Patients are never F-ING happy!:crybaby:

Good luck to all with exams looming

motorbyclist
25th June 2009, 18:00
finished!

i'm free!

Danae
25th June 2009, 18:02
finished!

i'm free!

:clap:

I have one more to go, in the afternoon tomorrow. Chiller at strata/shads? if so I'll be there afterwards

motorbyclist
25th June 2009, 18:07
:clap:

I have one more to go, in the afternoon tomorrow. Chiller at strata/shads? if so I'll be there afterwards

shouldn't you be busy cramming?

Danae
25th June 2009, 18:13
shouldn't you be busy cramming?

with periodic breaks for kb :]

Keeping the past exams on my computer is not a good idea...I should print them out

motorbyclist
25th June 2009, 18:44
with periodic breaks for kb :]

Keeping the past exams on my computer is not a good idea...I should print them out

good idea;)

man the electrical exam was a shocker - about 10 (of 40) people left early, which was NOT a sign they knew what they were doing.

even those of us who made it to the end AND knew most of what we were doing, didn't look happy afterwards. the guys who knew (almost) all of the material actually ran out of time. hopefully they scale generously :(

(average mark for our multiguess test in week 12 was 22, out of 40! Only two guys got marks in the 30's)

Squiggles
25th June 2009, 19:55
Half way now, one tomorrow afternoon and one sat afternoon. Will drop past strata/shads tomorrow but might not stay long

xwhatsit
25th June 2009, 20:08
LAST ZAM TOMORROW!!! WINRAR!!! PKZIP!!! TAR!!!1111oneelevenone~

I am currently `unemployed'. After I finish this zam tomorrow, I have no more uni EVAR. I also quit my job at the restaurant. Means free nights at last :D

On Monday I start my `real' job. Then maybe I can buy a `real' bike. I've been looking at a Ducati Monster. I've heard they're pretty good on the commute.

Danae
25th June 2009, 20:09

I am currently `unemployed'. After I finish this zam tomorrow, I have no more uni EVAR. I also quit my job at the restaurant. Means free nights at last :D

On Monday I start my `real' job. Then maybe I can buy a `real' bike. I've been looking at a Ducati Monster. I've heard they're pretty good on the commute.

I can has your job?

actually maybe not, I've had my fill of working at an indian restaurant. But as a last resort...

shingo
25th June 2009, 20:32

What 'real' job did you get?

Ragingrob
25th June 2009, 20:43

What about you buddy? You must've scored something by now?

Squiggles
25th June 2009, 20:47

He's been hooked up for ages :clap: , yuo failz.

shingo
25th June 2009, 20:49
What about you buddy? You must've scored something by now?

:no:

It's a bit depressing sending out 10's of applications and not even getting any phone calls. But I'm keeping my hopes up.

Ragingrob
25th June 2009, 20:50
:no:

It's a bit depressing sending out 10's of applications and not even getting any phone calls. But I'm keeping my hopes up.

Shit man that's pretty rude! Is your cbr still in your garage? Does your dad start it up now and then?

What's your plan if you like still can't find anything over the next few months?!?!

shingo
25th June 2009, 20:55
He's been hooked up for ages :clap: , yuo failz.

Thanks for rubbing it in stevo :weep:

Shit man that's pretty rude! Is your cbr still in your garage? Does your dad start it up now and then?

What's your plan if you like still can't find anything over the next few months?!?!

My bike's still sitting at home. It's been ridden a couple times and started a few more times.

If I can't land a job by Aug/Sept I will seriously consider coming home.

Magua
25th June 2009, 21:27
finished!

i'm free!

I still haven't started >_<

First tomorrow morning, OGG B3.

xwhatsit
25th June 2009, 21:45
I don't know the exact job title yet lol (how about I ask on Monday hehe). It's software development/engineering... software wot controls large dangerous machinery... I'm a bit alarmed to be honest :laugh:

Ragingrob
25th June 2009, 21:52
I've got an exam tomo arvo, then monday arvo, then woohoo 3 weeks off. Not to mention friday's off next semes! Haha prob won't make it to many chillers next semes.

Squiggles
25th June 2009, 22:01
I've got an exam tomo arvo, then monday arvo, then woohoo 3 weeks off. Not to mention friday's off next semes! Haha prob won't make it to many chillers next semes.

Damm straight, you'll be @ Taupo with me. Perfect because i need a driver to get me there :hug:

PirateJafa
25th June 2009, 22:16
Not a chance. Rob doesn't want to have to listen to your umpteen excuses about why you couldn't stay on the track AGAIN... ;)

Ragingrob
25th June 2009, 22:22
Damm straight, you'll be @ Taupo with me. Perfect because i need a driver to get me there :hug:

Not a chance. Rob doesn't want to have to listen to your umpteen excuses about why you couldn't stay on the track AGAIN... ;)

Hmmm... Trackday fees are per rider ay as opposed to per bike?

I'm so amped to get down sometime, just dunno if I want my road bike out there. :baby:

Squiggles
25th June 2009, 22:25
I'm so amped to get down sometime, just dunno if I want my road bike out there. :baby:

I'll have none of those excuses

Ragingrob
25th June 2009, 22:34
I'll have none of those excuses

Ya gonna take the DR out on the track then?

Buy me a track bike and I'm in haha.