PDA

View Full Version : Yemen teenager commits suicide as family refuses motorbike

Bob
12th June 2009, 00:16
When 14 year old Najm al-Din was refused a motorcycle by his mother, he threatened to hang himself if she did not relent. His mother called his bluff… and the teenager tied a rope to a ceiling beam, then round his neck, killing himself.

Al-Din made the demand after learning one of his friends was to be allowed to ride. The Yemeni teenager was later said to be suffering from mental illness.

NDORFN
12th June 2009, 00:31
I'm sure there was more to it than not being allowed the bike.

Mschvs
12th June 2009, 07:47
Well, yeah, it does say he was suffering from a mental illness ... but aren't we all??

Duke girl
12th June 2009, 07:55
How terrible for her having to carry that burden for the rest of her life because of her son not getting what he wanted. Gee if we all did that because we didn't get what we wanted then there would be alot less people in the world.
Not getting what you asked for in life isn't enough to go to that extent.

crazyhorse
12th June 2009, 09:22
When 14 year old Najm al-Din was refused a motorcycle by his mother, he threatened to hang himself if she did not relent. His mother called his bluff… and the teenager tied a rope to a ceiling beam, then round his neck, killing himself.

Al-Din made the demand after learning one of his friends was to be allowed to ride. The Yemeni teenager was later said to be suffering from mental illness.

Sounds a bit harsh for just a motorcycle - maybe he had a screw loose

Hitcher
12th June 2009, 09:42
Well that outcome saved his folks a few shekels.

CookMySock
12th June 2009, 10:05
Well, yeah, it does say he was suffering from a mental illness ... but aren't we all??Fuck yeah, I'm mental az. :killingme

Steve

The Pastor
12th June 2009, 12:23
That kid wasnt spoiled at all

Metalor
12th June 2009, 15:53
Well that outcome saved his folks a few shekels.

:clap:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

skidMark
12th June 2009, 15:55
hmmm... without motorycles in my life i may as well be pushing dasies.

MDR2
12th June 2009, 18:30
what kind of bike was it...

Topping yourself over a nifty fifty i wouldn't understand... something a bit more exotic though....

actually no, still dont get it

98tls
12th June 2009, 18:42
Should have been called Najm al Dim.