PDA

View Full Version : B1 hot-up from scratch

CookMySock
17th June 2009, 12:49
On my workbench I have a Standard Chinese B1 Rep Bike, 39cc watercooled.

It has a scored piston and bore which I will toss in the spares bin, and we want to hot this bike up and go up a class or six, without breaking the bank. (a couple hundred dollars max)

I want suggestions for carb, exhaust, larger piston/rings/bore, full-circle crank, and what else?

edit: Include suppliers please.

Steve

imdying
17th June 2009, 13:38
Seems logical to go to a big bore kit, then get the dremel out, and do some gentle port matching (they're horrid), replace the bearings so it'll take the raping it'll be getting.

Phil has a Dellorto PHBG carb on a Blata intake kit (reads, manifold, stuffer etc) for his, and a genuine long stroke crank, but they were megabucks (each were more than buying the bike originally), and I estimate 80-90% of the gains could be had following the route you're going.

After watching the boys chew out a Chinese slick every other day, might be worth spending some money on tyres that won't get destroyed so quickly.

/edit: Oh and he had mentioned something about genuine Blata water pumps using toothed drive belts instead of the oring the Chinese used, apparently that's more reliable, but required something else to be replaced to drive it... flywheel or something. Worth looking into perhaps?

Gadgit
17th June 2009, 19:55
Up grade.. have a look here.. everything on the page is what ya want lol

http://xminimoto.co.nz/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=28_36

CookMySock
17th June 2009, 22:16
Gadgit, you legend!

Is anyone running this gear? Is the exhaust much different to stock? Does the hi-comp help much?

Steve

White trash
19th June 2009, 15:36
Not relevant to the B1 rep but I bought a complete kit off Greg for my Day 2 rep.

The only standard thing on it was the cases, there's a thread on here somewhere. Transformed the bike completely.

Currently the motor's sitting in a little girls pink BMX we moddified slightly. I might pull it out and chuck it in the Daytona 1 rep a mate's got for his boy for a laugh.

But yeah, no problem with any of Gregs stuff.