PDA

View Full Version : Symonds St/Auckland cagers - epic fail

motorbyclist
25th June 2009, 18:36
how's this for fail? (see pic)

turns out they missed a spot with the no-park yellow, so people parked there, like any aucklander would... within 6 metres of an intersection/pedestrian crossing, blocking the view for those crossing the road

Oh, and today i saw a bus back into another bus, despite the other bus being in plain sight and blaring his horn. they then blocked queen st (and the bus stop) for a good 10 minutes until i got bored and went elsewhere for entertainment.....

jrandom
25th June 2009, 18:48
Oh, and today i saw a bus back into another bus, despite the other bus being in plain sight and blaring his horn.

Was that at Britomart?

I was up the road and out of sight, but one of my colleagues-in-pedalling was narrating events on the radio with many chortles.

Or was that yesterday?

It all sort of blurs together in my mind.

If this was another bus-on-bus, then I think someone needs to review their hiring standards for bus drivers.

I personally witnessed a bus take off an open door on a delivery truck on Lower Albert a couple weeks back. Made an almighty bang. No idea where the bus driver's head was at; he drove straight into it.

Mully
25th June 2009, 20:19
As a fully fledged peddler, does the ineptitude of Auckland's bus drivers actually surprise you?

motorbyclist
25th June 2009, 23:49
it was up the road, across from burgerfuel.

you'd think a professional driver would cease reversing their truck upon the sound of horns/shouts.

heck you'd think he would atleast look

bomma
26th June 2009, 11:00
you'd think so huh......

Real_Wolf
26th June 2009, 12:24
You know the parking on symonds? Are you really sure thats not purposeful, I wouldn't put it past the council to go do a dick move like that, especially with their fuckup with the right turn signals

motorbyclist
26th June 2009, 17:24
that right turn light i think is deliberate, as if both went they'd have people having to try and do this thing called "merge"

see, it works kinda like a zip......

Danae
28th June 2009, 16:11
merging like a zip? in auckland? impossible!!!