PDA

View Full Version : B1

mohawk
27th June 2009, 23:15
I just bought a tidy b1 tonight (well the missus did), seems to be pretty standard and its only half worn the original tyres. any comon problems i should check for before running it?
Also after fairings for it if anyone has any.

CookMySock
28th June 2009, 10:11
Top coolant right up.

Don't put cheap 2T oil in it, or you will have hours of frustration. Don't go under 50:1 mix ratio, or ditto.

The first 5-10 minutes of operation, make sure the water pump is running by checking the radiator temps top and bottom.

Lube chain or it will throw it off.

Get it to a track practice day and have a cane.

Lean forward before you full-throttle it.

edit: get someone to show you how to adjust the clutch properly.

Steve

White trash
28th June 2009, 10:28
B1s are super fricken O for oarsome.

As Steve's said above, put the good oil in it. Get yourselve a temp gauge.

Go sick :D

mohawk
28th June 2009, 14:20
Is antifreeze a good idea ?. even just a little so i can see water level at a glance.

CookMySock
28th June 2009, 14:31
Is antifreeze a good idea ?. even just a little so i can see water level at a glance.No. Most tracks won't let you use antifreeze. I use a super-secret colorant in the coolant so I can check it's level easily.

Steve

hayd3n
28th June 2009, 14:37
No. Most tracks won't let you use antifreeze. I use a super-secret colorant in the coolant so I can check it's level easily.

Steve

food coloring?

newmanz
13th August 2009, 11:57
I just bought a tidy b1 tonight (well the missus did), seems to be pretty standard and its only half worn the original tyres. any comon problems i should check for before running it?
Also after fairings for it if anyone has any.

B1's are a great bike. incredibly reliable and strong as hell..

Oh.. is that a B1 45cc big bore kit on your shelf (cough cough)

Clutch setup important, they tend to engage late RPM, so adjusting your clutch properly is important to get the most user friendly power delivery for your ride style.

There are some very expensive aftermarket clutch kits for the B1, but the cheaper style 3 shoe and 2 shoe adjustable types are fine.

imdying
13th August 2009, 16:25
B1's are a great bike. incredibly reliable and strong as hell..

Oh.. is that a B1 45cc big bore kit on your shelf (cough cough)

Clutch setup important, they tend to engage late RPM, so adjusting your clutch properly is important to get the most user friendly power delivery for your ride style.

There are some very expensive aftermarket clutch kits for the B1, but the cheaper style 3 shoe and 2 shoe adjustable types are fine.All good!

The 45cc kit, what's the diameter of the piston, and whereabouts is the ring pin located?

Do you have any adjustable clutches for the A115 motors in stock?

How about the big exhausts for the A115, and the tanks to suit?

And these A115GP motors... any word on a delivery date?

newmanz
14th August 2009, 15:13
All good!

The 45cc kit, what's the diameter of the piston, and whereabouts is the ring pin located?

Do you have any adjustable clutches for the A115 motors in stock?

How about the big exhausts for the A115, and the tanks to suit?

And these A115GP motors... any word on a delivery date?

We sell the S-bend HP pipes, you dont need to modify the tank to fit.
GP engines should be here in approx 24 days time (ship delayed due to bad weather), sold out of the 2 shoe adjustables ( only B1 sizes in stock ), we are waiting to hear from a new factory using better materials and adhesive before re-ordering though a sample of a few will be air mailed to us in a couple weeks, send me an email as I need someone on trackside to test them for me.

GP A115 has the new port profile so should go harder than last version.
45cc B1 kit uses 39.5mm piston ( can assure you my kits work, not like some of the other dodgey ones floating around with incorrect pistons and ring sizes)
:scooter:

imdying
14th August 2009, 15:51
We sell the S-bend HP pipes, you dont need to modify the tank to fit.
GP engines should be here in approx 24 days time (ship delayed due to bad weather), sold out of the 2 shoe adjustables ( only B1 sizes in stock ), we are waiting to hear from a new factory using better materials and adhesive before re-ordering though a sample of a few will be air mailed to us in a couple weeks, send me an email as I need someone on trackside to test them for me.

GP A115 has the new port profile so should go harder than last version.
45cc B1 kit uses 39.5mm piston ( can assure you my kits work, not like some of the other dodgey ones floating around with incorrect pistons and ring sizes)
:scooter:Thanks for the information, you've been a pleasure to deal with in the past, long may it continue.

I've had a couple of shoes rebonded for me at work, and they're working well. Phil would be almost certainly be happy to test your new B1 shoes for you; if you send us some old shoes we could send them back to you with the linings I'm using, see how you like them.

newmanz
15th August 2009, 23:54
Thanks for the information, you've been a pleasure to deal with in the past, long may it continue.

I've had a couple of shoes rebonded for me at work, and they're working well. Phil would be almost certainly be happy to test your new B1 shoes for you; if you send us some old shoes we could send them back to you with the linings I'm using, see how you like them.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Yes we were aware of clutches with low quality adhesive bonding, this was due to a factory using sub-par quality product to try and save money during the economic down turn ( they said they were supplied poor product without knowing..blah blah..) anyway, myself and a few Aussie suppliers recalled all clutches from new B1 engines sold in the last few months, and we replaced with new good clutch kits..problems solved...

So if you have had a water cooled new engine have its clutch shoes fall apart (normally the material just falls away from the aluminium arm) then you fall into this category ... the factory has been very good about it all, they air freighted more than 200 sets around the globe.. must have cost them a small fortune but good to see they are understanding about customer service.
This is mainly due to the factories owners sons and daughters returning from overseas study who actually know how to operate a business fairly.... its a start anyway with a happy ending for once.

Whats the cost for rebonding shoes here in NZ? :clap:

imdying
16th August 2009, 14:31
Typically the service retails at about $35 for a set of clutch shoes. Prices have been going up recently... there's so much work in the more profitable areas (truck linings etc) that to take somebody off the production line to bond unusual items like these is unprofitable.