PDA

View Full Version : Mt Wellington this Sat (18 July)

BigAl
13th July 2009, 14:57
Reminder for those that want to come along and ride Pocket Bikes on the Mt Wellington track or have a look at what they are all about.

This Saturday from 9.30, directions here, http://www.nzmmrc.co.nz/page.php?3
Cost to ride is $20, $10 kids. Minimum protective gear is ankles covered, knee pads, stout jacket, gloves & helmet (no visible flesh)

rrxx22
13th July 2009, 19:18
sweet we will be there :2guns:
just like last month it was raining in ham town but nice and sunny up
there

BigAl
13th July 2009, 19:39
Yeah fingers crossed on the weather front, the bikes need a good blow out:niceone:

mohawk
13th July 2009, 19:52
Yippeeeeeeeeeee

Jr Rota
13th July 2009, 19:58
yea il be there if the weather is nice lol. havent gone for a ride in a long time lol hope to se you all there

Thanks Dan :)

Z1_ZPF_BOY
14th July 2009, 11:23
The plan is to be there with the new D2, but it is still in a million peices so hoping it will come together by saturday.

Leyton
14th July 2009, 19:49
The B1 is going to be mechanicly sound by tonight! Welded the exhaust last night :) All I need is my body to be healed!!! Doc would prefer I did not do anything like this for atleast another month!

Apart from that, would love to be there!... got a date organized in its place anyhow :P

:/

BigAl
14th July 2009, 19:56
got a date organized in its place anyhow :P
:/

Date over racing! come on man, priorities......:laugh:

Leyton
14th July 2009, 20:01
I know I know hehe

Right! Off to the shed! Ug Ug, Get this B1 finished!

If she pulls out and the weather is not tooo bad, Perhaps a little warmer.. might take the R6 for a ride up to Aucks :) Does not hurt to ride that one, just stay on it :)

dirtybomb
15th July 2009, 01:21
Well I spose I get up early for fishing...

imdying
15th July 2009, 14:26
The B1 is going to be mechanicly sound by tonight! Welded the exhaust last night :)Hahahah, deja vu!!

Anyone that thinks Ducati have been making mechanics out of riders since ages ago, needs to try owning a minimoto for a short period... surely they can't be worse?!?!

prettybillie
15th July 2009, 16:14
I'm so in if I can get my paws on one of these beasts!!!

Z1_ZPF_BOY
16th July 2009, 21:05
Just got the D2 together! paint job is a bit shabby as it is yet to be painted.

See all there!!!!:woohoo:

Leyton
16th July 2009, 22:30
Hey that is quite a good paint job! :)

grantman
16th July 2009, 23:01
I have been working on mine in the garage tonight

Adjusted the float for the Carb again!
Hopefully will work ok
not dripping anything tonight ....but hopefully not the other way now

Going to take it out at lunchtime for a quick blast
If all going well should be there on Saturday :woohoo:

imdying
17th July 2009, 14:20
Nice side stand Connor :laugh: Hit that beyatch with an angle grinder! (says the man who needs to do the exact same thing himself tonight...)

You not running pegs on it?

Z1_ZPF_BOY
17th July 2009, 14:45
Nice side stand Connor :laugh: Hit that beyatch with an angle grinder! (says the man who needs to do the exact same thing himself tonight...)

You not running pegs on it?

yea, we aint finished on it just yet, still gotta take off the stand and make some pegs..... and get the thing to go for more than 10 meters b4 it putts out. lol

You bringing the ZPF to Mt welly?

imdying
17th July 2009, 14:53
Be a while before we travel with our bikes. Should have the front end sorted in a few weeks though, finally be able to slow it down a bit better than the factory brakes. The bikes are still breeding down here... we're up to 7 now!

Z1_ZPF_BOY
17th July 2009, 15:49
cool as, bring them to the next round of Taumarunui on 27 September.

DELLORTO
17th July 2009, 16:33
its good to see you pocket bikers are coming to this meeting.....the last few its been up to jason and kelly to show the novices how it done....

imdying
17th July 2009, 18:33
cool as, bring them to the next round of Taumarunui on 27 September.You know that we're in Christchurch, and that moving a half dozen bikes and 3 riders is a big undertaking right? :crazy: It's definitely one of the plans though :yes:

mohawk
17th July 2009, 20:31
Were watching the weather, but its looking ok according to the met service at the moment,. Were gunna decide about 730 tomorow weather or not we come up.

mohawk
17th July 2009, 22:35
http://www.metservice.com/public/maps/tasman-sea-nz-infrared-series.html

Z1_ZPF_BOY
17th July 2009, 23:17
I won't be coming anymore, bike isn't ready so got no wheels....:crybaby:

Hopefully ill see everyone at the next Mt Welly.

BigAl
18th July 2009, 19:31
Good day today eh guys (ones who made it), especially after the track had dried out.......... morning was slippery city....:drool:

Also always good to get your first crash out of the way and first corner of first lap was the way I did it, down on the sweeper.:clap:

Plenty of others bit the dust too including a few of the buckets. Jason and I managed synchronised falling off in the front straight corner, great entertainment for the spectators.

Can't wait until next month:banana:

mohawk
18th July 2009, 21:05
Yep, lota bikes hitting the deck alright. I had the helmet cam pointed too low all day damn it all, but well get i right next time. GPS showed 48.5 km for the d2 and just over 64km for Alans b1 , and that was on a wet track. That means i got a footpeg in the arse doing 45kmph in one spill.:clap:

Jr Rota
19th July 2009, 08:55
Yea it was a good day. good to get some laps in on a almost dry track lol. was the straight dry in the last race??

dan

BigAl
19th July 2009, 10:56
was the straight dry in the last race??

Semi Dan, still quite wet across half of the track even at 4pm.

I don't know whether you had left but we had a race opposite direction which meant braking in the wet end of straight going around the hairpin with wet tyres and when the clutch kicked in you went down on your ar$@.

Jason & I at one stage pirouetted around at the same time right in front of Mohawks missus & her mate:clap:

Jr Rota
19th July 2009, 12:07
LOL yea i had 1 race round the other way it was relly slipry coming of the straight lol any way good ta gt back on the bike lol.

Dan

Z1_ZPF_BOY
19th July 2009, 12:50
got the bike going sat mornin, bt couldn't be bothered cummin out so rode round the driveway all day.... must be the most reliable D2 ive had. take a few pulls and shes goin and hasn't broken down once.

DELLORTO
19th July 2009, 16:24
got the bike going sat mornin, bt couldn't be bothered cummin out so rode round the driveway all day.... must be the most reliable D2 ive had. take a few pulls and shes goin and hasn't broken down once.

daytona love the drive-way but when it comes to race days they get revenge and start breaking.....