PDA

View Full Version : Japanese declare Triumph makes the perfect motorcycle

Indiana_Jones
16th July 2009, 12:10
Japanese declare Triumph makes the perfect motorcycle (http://www.motorcycletrader.co.nz/View/Article/Japanese-declare-Triumph-makes-the-perfect-motorcycle/850.aspx)

Japanese magazine Motorcyclist has awarded the Daytona 675 its first ever perfect score in its regular feature ‘Ride with Edge’

Previous, Stop, Play, Next, ZoomRide with Edge has been a monthly feature since January 2001, producing a comprehensive evaluation on a set road route and race track, as well as bench testing the bikes for power and torque. Each month the magazine tests one of the world’s leading performance bikes, but never before has a motorcycle received a perfect 100 out of 100 – until the Daytona 675 appeared in the current issue.

World-class racer Kei Nashimoto who tested the bike said: “The Daytona 675 provides a riding pleasure that cannot be felt in other bikes. The specifications are class-leading and the Daytona 675 has great potential for racing too. The Triumph is king of the middleweight sports bikes.”

The 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 has won plenty of praise recently, including the supersport category at the annual Supertest event, which the Daytona 675 has won every year since its introduction. British weekly newspaper MCN even declared the Daytona 675 as its sportsbike of the year, ahead of even the latest 1000cc superbikes.

Daytonas have also been tearing up the race track in the Supersport World Championship. Last year Daytona 675s won two of the world’s most competitive domestic supersport championships, in Germany and the UK, and earlier this month Australian legend Garry McCoy scored a podium placing at the Supersport World Championship round at Donington Park, in just the company’s second season of world championship competition.

-Indy

tri boy
16th July 2009, 12:27
The T force has you good.
Assimilation complete.
Next.:doctor:

86GSXR
16th July 2009, 14:11
Now, why does that not surprise me :innocent:

Bonez
16th July 2009, 22:38
See. The Japanese do have a sence of humour.:innocent:

YellowDog
16th July 2009, 22:45
Young Japs like anyting not Japanese.

The Daytona 675 is in a class of its own as noone elsemakes a 675.

This bike wins the beauty contest everytime, which must help :)

98tls
16th July 2009, 23:05
"The perfect motorcycle":shit:really,the sad thing being theres people that will go out and buy one for no other reason than someone said "its the perfect motorcycle".Ive ridden a 675 albeit a 3 year old one,loved it though as handy as the 3rd ball on a greyhound for my motorcycling.Still at least i will go to my grave knowing someone discovered the "perfect motorcycle".:killingme

AllanB
16th July 2009, 23:08
Nice bike for sure. But perfect?

Not for my ageing frame :shutup:

98tls
16th July 2009, 23:30
Nice bike for sure. But perfect?

Not for my ageing frame :shutup: OI,enough of that A,its the "perfect motorcycle"someone said it was so it must be.Wonder when there going to discover the "perfect motorcycle rider".Awhile back it was a bloke called Mike Hailwood but no doubt hes a bit unfashionable these days.

AllanB
18th July 2009, 09:53
OI,enough of that A,its the "perfect motorcycle"someone said it was so it must be.Wonder when there going to discover the "perfect motorcycle rider".Awhile back it was a bloke called Mike Hailwood but no doubt hes a bit unfashionable these days.

Probably someone called Rossi now days. However I have seen him do wheelies and burnouts so he can't be a good roll model for........:innocent:

tri boy
18th July 2009, 10:04
Lets see now. Triumph marketed itself as the worlds best motorcycle for decades, knowing it was true, and the penny has just dropped in Japan.
You lot are just slower than the Japanese to assimilate. Stop fighting it girls. It's bigger than you think:devil2:

Scouse
18th July 2009, 10:26
Oh maybe the Japs have finally stumbled on to that unquantifiable ingredient called character that since the dawn of jap engineering they just didn't understand.

crazyhorse
18th July 2009, 10:29
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tri boy
18th July 2009, 17:15
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, Gixer's are funny lil toys aye:cool: