PDA

View Full Version : Rubber neckers add to crash chaos

shafty
17th July 2009, 09:18
This morning on stuff:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2601368/Rubberneckers-add-to-crash-chaos

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery to the Rider - victim of a cage by the sounds....

ps - whats the bike?

Shafty

RC1
17th July 2009, 09:27
looks like VFR 400.

one fast tl1ooo
17th July 2009, 09:36
:shit:Thats gota hurt

p.dath
17th July 2009, 09:42
The bike looks in real bad shape. Should have only been a 50 km/h impact as well by the sounds of it.

MSTRS
17th July 2009, 09:45
looks like VFR?

VFR400 to be precise.

Trudes
17th July 2009, 09:54
FFS, some people have no bloody idea do they! "Oh shit, I gotta get my Latte!" "I'm so important I have to be yakking on my phone at all times... oops, just about ran over a cop" :rolleyes:

prettybillie
17th July 2009, 10:22
FFS, some people have no bloody idea do they! "Oh shit, I gotta get my Latte!" "I'm so important I have to be yakking on my phone at all times... oops, just about ran over a cop" :rolleyes:

Yeah it's the job of people in Auckland to think they are important enough to stop traffic for a latte - those people on the Tron are just getting a little bit big for their boots ha.

Hope the rider recovers well!!!!

crazyhorse
17th July 2009, 10:34
No privacy is there in life!

Mind you, he who has not been a rubber necker at some stage in life - please stand up ...... thought so, you can all sit down now LOL :rofl:

firefighter
17th July 2009, 10:40
Yeah it's the job of people in Auckland to think they are important enough to stop traffic for a latte - those people on the Tron are just getting a little bit big for their boots ha.

Hope the rider recovers well!!!!

Yeah, ive never seen wankers this bad in aucks...well apart from the media.....

Mind you the tron is a shithole, probably the only interesting thing that's happened since the V8s!!!!

Laxi
17th July 2009, 10:53
time to make arrogance an imprisonable offence:bash: mind you there's a few people I know would be getting life sentances:motu:
woman had to be cut from the car and the bikes a right mess, lot of damage for 50k

spacemonkey
17th July 2009, 11:13
You'd hope that they would at least have arrested that stupid woman for dangerous driving...... So busy yaking on the phone and rubber necking that she almost ran someone over FFS! :angry:

gatch
17th July 2009, 16:15
Ratshit, a dude on his scoot gets fucked up (hope hes recovering ok..) and some pin dick is only concerned for the inconvenience to his coffee intake. And the wench on the phone, both should have recieved on the spot beatings for their crimes.

PirateJafa
17th July 2009, 20:30
Man, that bike's too nice to have that done to it. :(

I wouldn't have rubbernecked - but I would have stolen those white rims!

Paul in NZ
17th July 2009, 20:43
I liked the comment......

That NASA were going to use Hamilton to train astronauts due to the total lack of atmosphere

Foxzee
17th July 2009, 22:35
Positive thoughts and wishes to the rider....

As to the Coffee Bean and the Cell Belle....that goes without saying really.....:angry:

davebullet
18th July 2009, 08:38
Ban cellphone use in / on vehicles
Police nominate citizens at scene to carry out citizens' arrests on rubberneckers (since police are too busy)
Make the rubberneckers attend some gruesome Friday night smashes and help the poor ambulance staff. Maybe the gore factor would wear off.

dave_a
20th July 2009, 06:44
bloody women drivers, She cause the whole mess in the first place, I blame her

davebullet
20th July 2009, 07:54
The other thing I suggested to the Police some years ago was for Police cars to carry an expandable screen to block the accident scene. I had a reply from the Police to the negatory.

For motorways, I also suggested raising the median barrier height so that most vehicles (except truckies) couldn't see opposite lane. Some might argue this could be hazardous, but I'm sure drivers often look at what other traffic is doing rather than the traffic in front of / around them. Also a reply to the negatory (although this would be costly to implement).