PDA

View Full Version : My ninja's been stolen!

macros87
17th July 2009, 09:21
hey guys i know this isnt the thread for it but i thought there should be a special thread for the smc seeing as other than me some of you guys knew my bike best..

yesterday at 2ish went outside to get on my bike and found the door to the shed where i keep it has been kicked in.. and there was bits of plastic that i cant recognize but cannot figure them having come from anywhere but my bike..

police have been called... insurance has been called.. kiwi biker has been posted.. im not entirely sure there is anything else i can do..

if you see anyone riding the only non green 1990 ninja in town... plz crash into him cos its not me on it... so just remember a blue 1990 zxr250 ninja with angry eyebrows plate 99UZK

one fast tl1ooo
17th July 2009, 09:28
Bad luck mate its gota suck,

motorbyclist
17th July 2009, 10:44
so just remember a blue 1990 zxr250 ninja with angry eyebrows plate 99UZK

got any photos? that was the only bike I've seen with that blue factory paintjob

I hope the angry eyebrows scared them:bye:

macros87
17th July 2009, 10:55
yeah when i rang the cops they asked for any distinctive features and i told them the colour scheme is uncommon they are usually green... also told them about the eyebrows, but dont think they would keep them on though...

its only been a day but i really miss that bike... so much... i dont even want to buy another one...

Danae
17th July 2009, 11:03
I'll keep a look out for her...]:

motorbyclist
17th July 2009, 11:31
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-230379100.htm

:blip:

Danae
17th July 2009, 11:34
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-230379100.htm

:blip:

:killingme

macros87
17th July 2009, 11:42
noooooooo.... replacement would need plastic all over it... but while that happens.. i hear you have a very reliable little bike that got you thru the north island andrew...

Real_Wolf
17th July 2009, 11:45
ah, that really sucks bro, they actually kicked in the shed to get to it?

Meh, guess you need to go bike shopping again huh.

macros87
17th July 2009, 12:21
ah, that really sucks bro, they actually kicked in the shed to get to it?

Meh, guess you need to go bike shopping again huh.

but where am i going to find another pretty blue ninja inline four with the quietest cam chain ever for 3 grand? she was too awesome a find to be easily replaced...

yeah but i was looking at it, and perhaps it wouldnt have been that hard to kick the door in... but the bastards still did...

Slyer
17th July 2009, 12:30
If any consolation, now is the perfect time to be buying. Lots of people are selling, 'tis a buyers market.

motorbyclist
17th July 2009, 12:35
noooooooo.... replacement would need plastic all over it... but while that happens.. i hear you have a very reliable little bike that got you thru the north island andrew...

if you need a bike, Brown Fury is a great spare - gives a strong incentive to get your own one sorted while you do 80kph along the motorway :D

If any consolation, now is the perfect time to be buying. Lots of people are selling, 'tis a buyers market.

yep - Brown Fury won't be on the market until summer unless someone is willing to pay 2k for it as is.

ducatilover
17th July 2009, 12:39
I have a temporary fix in my car port.....

Sorry to hear bout the stealing thieving scum bag cunts stealing your bike mate :bye:

macros87
17th July 2009, 12:51
if you need a bike, Brown Fury is a great spare - gives a strong incentive to get your own one sorted while you do 80kph along the motorway :D

yep - Brown Fury won't be on the market until summer unless someone is willing to pay 2k for it as is.

i was actually considering to seriously ask you if i could borrow it for a bit... but i was under the impression that thing would hit a hundred!

yeah well im too scared to even look on trademe... and untill insurance comes through i dont see much point anyway

P.S. there is photos in this thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=103443 i know its probably not out there being ridden but i can trick my mind with clever denial, and i would feel better if people were keeping an eye out there for the mofo....

P.P.S. is there anyway, to change the title of a thread after it has been already posted? wanted to add stolen bike to it have more poeple see it, i hadnt really thought about the importance of the tittle 7 minutes after i noticed my baby was gone...

howdamnhard
17th July 2009, 13:55
Will keep a look out for it. Damn there has been alot of bike thefts lately.

motorbyclist
17th July 2009, 14:39
i was actually considering to seriously ask you if i could borrow it for a bit... but i was under the impression that thing would hit a hundred!

she can do 120 if you ride her right!

i'm pretty sure if you hit edit then go advanced you can do the title, but it won't show up in the forum so get a mod in there to do it.

and you'd be surprised at how thick these thieves are - one stolen bike was found riding around with the same plate and everything except for different colour rims!

HungusMaximist
17th July 2009, 15:50
Yea I even lock up my CT110 when I park it in the public.

Sorry to hear bro, but I'll keep an eye out!

macros87
17th July 2009, 20:14
thanks for changing the title for this one, but i ment the one in general ravings :P

by riding her right you mean tail wind and down hill? though i shouldnt judge i have no bike now...

Real_Wolf
18th July 2009, 03:00
he means being towed on a trailer

motorbyclist
18th July 2009, 15:15
you just have to absolutely overrev it in 4th, then clutch it into 5th, and then you can happily sit above 100kph in the power with a wide open throttle even up slight inclines

though this did make her run a tad lean....

knottsav
18th July 2009, 15:27
As others have already said, really sorry to hear of your misfortune.

hey guys i know this isnt the thread for it but i thought there should be a special thread for the smc seeing as other than me some of you guys knew my bike best..

yesterday at 2ish went outside to get on my bike and found the door to the shed where i keep it has been kicked in.. and there was bits of plastic that i cant recognize but cannot figure them having come from anywhere but my bike..

police have been called... insurance has been called.. kiwi biker has been posted.. im not entirely sure there is anything else i can do..

if you see anyone riding the only non green 1990 ninja in town... plz crash into him cos its not me on it... so just remember a blue 1990 zxr250 ninja with angry eyebrows plate 99UZK

macros87
19th July 2009, 13:14
dude have you noticed how many stolen bike threads are coming up? wtf is going on, and like mine they were locked and out of peoples sight....

motorbyclist
19th July 2009, 14:24
the weird thing is i still often see the same zxr250 parked on the side of a rather busy road without any locks, that is yet to be stolen

macros87
19th July 2009, 15:35
the weird thing is i still often see the same zxr250 parked on the side of a rather busy road without any locks, that is yet to be stolen

and where did you say this zxr that is parked WITH NO LOCKS and is yet to be STOLEN is usually seen? no reason just curious... not trying to replace mine or anything...

Danae
19th July 2009, 18:27
and where did you say this zxr that is parked WITH NO LOCKS and is yet to be STOLEN is usually seen? no reason just curious... not trying to replace mine or anything...

as soon as we answer I can just see it getting stolen by internet randoms...

motorbyclist
20th July 2009, 00:24
heck, just go have a look at symonds street on a sunny day:no:

Hiflyer
26th July 2009, 11:04
Im sure I saw a blue zxr250 parked on the side of the motorway yesterday, it was on the northbound side about 500metres north of the onewa road offramp, guy had a pillion as well. I was heading southbound so didn't get a perfect look so I got off at the onewa interchange and got back on northbound but it was gone by the time I went past where it was.. I continued to northcote but still didn't see it sorry mate..

EDIT: Looking at your profile pic I'm sure it was that colour.. at least theres hope left!