PDA

View Full Version : Bike not starting?

Rayray401
19th July 2009, 14:37
Ok, been riding the VFR for a while...seemed fine..until today...i started her up..with choke on for 10 seconds..fuel tap on...still had fuel..so started her up...turn choke off...gave some throttle to warm up...at steady 4k rev..after a while though..with the same amount of throttle..4k became 3k..then 2k..then 1k..then she goes dead. and after that...couldnt start her up no more...any ideas on what could be or might be the problem?..the bike sounds like its going to start everytime i try, but doesnt. such a pain :(

CookMySock
19th July 2009, 14:46
Thats almost certainly fuel. Fuel tap or fuel pump problem.

Can you keep it going by giving the throttle a blap or pulling the choke out?

If you leave it for an hour will it start?

Steve

Rayray401
19th July 2009, 15:03
Thats almost certainly fuel. Fuel tap or fuel pump problem.

Can you keep it going by giving the throttle a blap or pulling the choke out?

If you leave it for an hour will it start?

Steve

Thats what im trying now..but since i have a bypassed fuel tap..i got told to keep the fuel tap off when im not riding..ride now it just fully wont start.

zxr400#150
19th July 2009, 15:11
does sound like fueling issues, have you tryed giving the carbs a quick tap? and just quickly drain the float bowls on the bottom of the carbs. should b a little screw. just to make sure theres no water in there. plus will tell u that theres fuel getting to the float bowls

Rayray401
19th July 2009, 15:38
does sound like fueling issues, have you tryed giving the carbs a quick tap? and just quickly drain the float bowls on the bottom of the carbs. should b a little screw. just to make sure theres no water in there. plus will tell u that theres fuel getting to the float bowls

I dont know how to drain the float bowls >< but i left it for a while with the fuel tap on..tried it again..it litterally started for 2 seconds..and then went dead..back to not being able to start

CookMySock
19th July 2009, 17:12
If you pull the hose off the fuel tank does it flow fuel freely? It should literally piss out.

Check the vacuum hose from the manifold to the fuel pump.

Google images will help you locate the carb drain screws for that model bike.

Steve