PDA

View Full Version : Ducati EVR slipper clutch problem

LBD
23rd July 2009, 03:01
I have fitted an EVR slipper clutch to my Duc....The Slipper clutch function works well as does normal engagement from a stop.

The problem I have is when making a more hurried exit from standing, when the engine is reved higher and the clutch slipped a bit longer, I get a loud chatter which grabs and realeases violently.

The springs are EVR supplied. The plan for now, is to fit heavier springs and maybe a larger slave cylinder to compensate. (No I am not an Armenian arm wrestler with a vice like grip)

Does anyone have any similar experiences they have over come?

LBD
31st July 2009, 21:41
Over a week and over 40 views and no solutions....not looking good....

nodrog
31st July 2009, 21:45
my 996 used to do that when assertively leaving a standstill, and it was bog stock standard.

98tls
31st July 2009, 21:50
Cant help much i doubt but whats the setup on those things ie pushrod/worm drive etc?I swapped the 5 bolt clutch on my old S for a 6 bolt one and encountered a few problems which to be honest i would never have thought of.

johan
31st July 2009, 21:56
Have you measured the thickness of the plates, they might be worn? Is it a new clutch or second hand?
Are the plates installed in the right order, there's usually a convex plate at the inside.

I had similar issues with a worn clutch. My surflex slipper is sweet as!

98tls
31st July 2009, 22:09
Have you measured the thickness of the plates, they might be worn? Is it a new clutch or second hand?
Are the plates installed in the right order, there's usually a convex plate at the inside.

I had similar issues with a worn clutch. My surflex slipper is sweet as! The right order caught me out,never realised the last one in on my old thing was supposed to be off-set a notch.:bash:

johan
31st July 2009, 23:04
The right order caught me out,never realised the last one in on my old thing was supposed to be off-set a notch.:bash:

Also, there usually a small mark on the pressure plate that should line up with a mark on the clutch basket that could be worth to double check.

98tls
31st July 2009, 23:10
Also, there usually a small mark on the pressure plate that should line up with a mark on the clutch basket that could be worth to double check. Correct.I missed that as used an aftermarket pressure plate.fwiw.Bit off topic,sorry to the thread starter.

LBD
31st July 2009, 23:22
my 996 used to do that when assertively leaving a standstill, and it was bog stock standard.

Oh!:eek5:

Cant help much i doubt but whats the setup on those things ie pushrod/worm drive etc?I swapped the 5 bolt clutch on my old S for a 6 bolt one and encountered a few problems which to be honest i would never have thought of.

Hydraulic/pushrod

Brand new off shelf from EVR. Will be checking order and convex plate...(was fitted for me)

I had similar issues with a worn clutch. My surflex slipper is sweet as!

The right order caught me out,never realised the last one in on my old thing was supposed to be off-set a notch.:bash:

Will check order

Also, there usually a small mark on the pressure plate that should line up with a mark on the clutch basket that could be worth to double check.

Will check for notch....

Thanks so far....

aahsv
1st August 2009, 00:50
:yes:Try this forum

http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14