PDA

View Full Version : Help me out - drunk driver stories

ital916
26th July 2009, 20:06
Hey guys, I need to do a quick survey for a class tomorrow on motorcyclists that have had an experience with drunk drivers. I would appreciate if anyone would answer these questions, answers dont need to be super super detailed but a paragraph or two would be nice. Please categorise you experience under the motorcyclists being the drunk driver or the motorcyclist encountering a drunk driver.

PM me you answer, no need for last names only first as I will not be disclosing people who answer but I need first names and ages to categorise the answers I get.

Many thanks in advance for those that do answer, The survey is for a class where I will be sharing the experiences motorcyclists have with drunk car/bike drivers to get them to realise the consequences of their actions.

The questions are as follows:

1. What major event has happened during your life that was caused by a drunk driver or drivers.

2. How was their driving behaviour affected, what symptoms and signs were the of the upcoming trouble, and how did you react.

3. What were the short term consequences of the event.

4. What were the long term consequences of the event.

5. what are your views on drink driving after the incident.

Again I appreciate people answering the questions.

Kind Regards

Drider

hayd3n
26th July 2009, 20:38
try these fullas
http://www.badd.co.nz/images/flyer%20badd.pdf

The Pastor
26th July 2009, 22:04
1. crashed my bike
2. could barley see straight, let alone walk
3. had to walk home
4.damage to bike - no bike to ride - long time to save up and fix it
5. spot on mate.

motorbyclist
26th July 2009, 22:58
Hey guys, I need to do a quick survey for a class tomorrow on motorcyclists that have had an experience with drunk drivers.

and what class is this, i might ask?

and what does it matter having a motorcyclists perspective? either way it's a downright stupid thing to be doing, whether on a 150kg or 3500kg machine.

klingon
26th July 2009, 23:17
Does it have to be while you were on the motorcycle? I mean, I have had experience of catastrophic results from a drunk driver, and I'm a motorcyclist, but I was not riding my bike at the time of the event. Does my story qualify?

Hanne
27th July 2009, 06:46
Sounds like the defensive driving questions?
Will PM you :shifty:

bomma
28th July 2009, 15:48
1. crashed my bike
2. could barley see straight, let alone walk
3. had to walk home
4.damage to bike - no bike to ride - long time to save up and fix it
5. spot on mate.

1. second day of o-week few years back
2. riding home in a non-sober state
3. blinked and when i opened my eyes, was a couple of kms down the road from where i had initiated said blinking manouver
4. no crash luckily
5. swore i'd never do it again and haven't done it to this day