PDA

View Full Version : New "kid" on the block...

Krayy
27th July 2009, 13:50
Well, starting from the 10th of August, I'll be working at the Uni in the IT Services team as a Unix admin. So look out young 'uns...theres a rebel WITH a clue about to hit campus :Punk:

I'll drop by one of the Friday arvo meetings for an intro.

Might be time to look at finishing that elusive BSc :soon:

PirateJafa
27th July 2009, 16:16
Will be good to see a new face around!

It costs you one dollar to join, lowside is optional but does show enthusiasm for the cause.

Krayy
27th July 2009, 17:11
Will be good to see a new face around!

It costs you one dollar to join, lowside is optional but does show enthusiasm for the cause.
Been there, done that....although that WAS 22 years ago, adn I had a pillion on the back (who landed on me - b**tard)...does that count?

Danae
27th July 2009, 17:39
Been there, done that....although that WAS 22 years ago, adn I had a pillion on the back (who landed on me - b**tard)...does that count?

Yeah, you get extra points for lowsiding with a pillion

I paid my obligatory lowside with the scooter, that was fun.

PirateJafa
27th July 2009, 17:41
Shortly followed by your scooter 12-o'clock... which was just the icing on the caek! ;)

EJK
27th July 2009, 17:43
Be extra careful with your Buell. UoA bike parking seems to be a hunting ground for bike theifs.

Danae
27th July 2009, 18:15
Yepyep. I recommend OGG...security cameras and patrolling security guards.

ital916
27th July 2009, 19:38

welcome...just remember OGG is like hell, it has many level and most of us sinful bikers get stuck on the bottom one. It is the safest level though.

bomma
27th July 2009, 20:46
hey mate, welcome and look forward to meeting ya at one of the chillers :)

Krayy
28th July 2009, 11:09
Advice noted...I'll be working at the top of Wakefield St to start and moving to Engineering Bldg/Data Centre later on. Wheres the OGG?

PirateJafa
28th July 2009, 11:16
Advice noted...I'll be working at the top of Wakefield St to start and moving to Engineering Bldg/Data Centre later on. Wheres the OGG?

OGG is the big shiny business building on Grafton Road. Come and park on P4, it's where the cool kiddies hang out. :niceone:

Hanne
28th July 2009, 12:08
Welcome to Auckland uni/ the club, I think half the members have some form of chain-oil triggered rabies or something (they seem to froth at the mouth at the mention of anything that goes broom broom and has two wheels) but I am sure you will fit right in! (midnight fairing-painting session in the shed, anyone?)

Real_Wolf
28th July 2009, 14:14
hey mate, welcome and look forward to meeting ya at one of the chillers :)

Since when do you meet anyone at chillers, your never there

bomma
28th July 2009, 15:41
Since when do you meet anyone at chillers, your never there

lol i hafnt been since end of last sem coz firstly i was sick, then got a little better and was down in ohakune skiing, then i got sick when i got back and am still sick <_< (this is a span of over 3 weeks btw :blink:) will try and make it this friday. finish work at 5.30ish so will make a bee line to strata after the pack up

Krayy
12th August 2009, 08:16
Well Monday was my first time "on the job" (:spanking:), and I'm quite confused so far. At least I know where the Subway is :niceone:

motorbyclist
12th August 2009, 13:06
At least I know where the Subway is :niceone:

PROTIP: due to the symonds subway staff being bordeline retarded (srsly), huge queues often develop. To avoid this, order food online at least 15 minutes before you intend to pick up, and hope you get a literate staff member (srsly)

ital916
12th August 2009, 21:24
PROTIP: due to the symonds subway staff being bordeline retarded (srsly), huge queues often develop. To avoid this, order food online at least 15 minutes before you intend to pick up, and hope you get a literate staff member (srsly)

seconded...they must pick some super special retarded people to work in that place (srsly). The workers there give mentally handicapped people a bad name.

The Pastor
13th August 2009, 23:30
(srsly)guys, why so (srsly) bag on the tards? tard need loving too (srsly)

jono035
14th August 2009, 07:20
Well Monday was my first time "on the job" (:spanking:), and I'm quite confused so far. At least I know where the Subway is :niceone:

You're set, then!

You're at the top of Wakefield street... Which building?

You should definitely look into doing a few papers, my girlfriend works for the Faculty of Education out in Epsom and they've been paying her course fees to do 1 course a semester.

Krayy
14th August 2009, 14:54
You're set, then!

You're at the top of Wakefield street... Which building?

You should definitely look into doing a few papers, my girlfriend works for the Faculty of Education out in Epsom and they've been paying her course fees to do 1 course a semester.
76 Symonds St, Bldg 438 on the map...btw, has anyone seen the toilet on the 4th floor here? Hilarious!!! I'll post some pics one day soon

shingo
14th August 2009, 20:18
76 Symonds St, Bldg 438 on the map...btw, has anyone seen the toilet on the 4th floor here? Hilarious!!! I'll post some pics one day soon

Is it one of them crazy Japanese ones where you have to squat over a hole in the floor?

Metalor
14th August 2009, 20:29
I wanna have a go at one of them, looks like fun!

paturoa
14th August 2009, 20:32
(srsly)guys, why so (srsly) bag on the tards? tard need loving too (srsly)

Sorry - I didn't know you worked there!