PDA

View Full Version : 05 CBR1000RR - reverse gear shift

Deano
31st July 2009, 15:55
Has anyone with an 05 CBR1000RR reversed their gear shift pattern ?

I have searched on google and all I can find is complete rear sets to do the job. (as per link below)

These look like the vertical linkage can be placed either side of the gear lever pivot point - which would allow either shift pattern to be utilised.

http://www.oncycles.com/browse.asp?department=rearsets&category=honda&subcategory=cbr1000rr

Is there any other option that anyone is aware of ?

I have reversed the shift on my race bike and don't want to chop and change between road and race. It might overload my poor brain.

Rodney007
31st July 2009, 15:57
does the splined thingy and rod hit the radiator piping?

and yeah man good to stick with one just incase you ... oops :D
getting used to mine now, but took the rear sets option

sAsLEX
31st July 2009, 16:01
If its similar to the 600 at all..... you can if you run without the sprocket cover and cable tie the radiator hoses up out of the way.

Else its rearsets.

Deano
31st July 2009, 16:11
does the splined thingy and rod hit the radiator piping?

There isn't enough room to reverse the spline linkage where it enters the gearbox (shaft spline). The clutch slave cylinder is in the way.

If its similar to the 600 at all..... you can if you run without the sprocket cover and cable tie the radiator hoses up out of the way.

Else its rearsets.

Looks like its rearsets or stick with status quo.

I hardly get out on the road bike anymore since starting racing, and I'm not really allowed to spend money on the road bike either, so looks like the status quo for now.

Cheers guys.