PDA

View Full Version : Buying = watercooled b1

Rodney007
31st July 2009, 16:32
if anyone got a b1 for sale im definatley keen, thanx

CookMySock
31st July 2009, 18:16
Is this your first bike? Are you going to race it? Don't make the same mistakes we made.

Steve

mohawk
31st July 2009, 21:22
What were they? mite bring the 2 new b1s down if we come saturday.

Rodney007
1st August 2009, 16:01
had 3 aircooled, why what mistake u make?

CookMySock
1st August 2009, 16:12
had 3 aircooled, why what mistake u make?We bought a b1 as our first bike, and put ourselves in the most competitive class. But if you have raced them before you will be fine. ;)

Steve

Leyton
1st August 2009, 19:48
I started on a D2. Sold that, Then a year later got a B1 and WHOLEY CRAP!!! It was fast... but then again there is faster :P

The B1 is an easyer bike to ride imo in terms of stability and cornering, it is a bit more comfortable. The only thing that one could have against it, like many of the quicker pocket bikes is that the clutchs bite at around 8k rpm. So you can have it screaming through a corner and not have the clutch accually engaged, the end resault is they tend to bite alot :) You can weaken the clutch but then you end up with a sluggy engagement as it is before the powerband on them.

Summary : They are neally all or nothing bikes :)

The 49 air cooled D2's are a good place to start to build your basic skill set up on the track.

CookMySock
1st August 2009, 19:57
You have to become an expert on clutch setup on a B1. Buy a vernier caliper set and get someone to show you. It seems arcane, but once you see it demonstrated and do it yourself, then you will catch on quick.

Steve

Rodney007
2nd August 2009, 18:43
so yeah, keen to buy so let me know thnx

dirtybomb
10th August 2009, 15:42
Have you bought a bike yet?

I have a GRC RR watercooled rep, that I could possibly part with..

PM me for details.

imdying
10th August 2009, 16:17
Have you bought a bike yet?

I have a GRC RR watercooled rep, that I could possibly part with..

PM me for details.

Post em up here, I'd be keen for a sniff :yes:

Rodney007
10th August 2009, 16:24
pm sent* thanks

cambridgedan
15th August 2009, 14:26
hey not sure if this is the right thread to ask but you guys seem to know your stuff about the little bikes,
what would be a good bike to get to just muck around on?
Can you get Replicas? like a rossi one or somthink?

Cheers

Leyton
15th August 2009, 14:29
hey not sure if this is the right thread to ask but you guys seem to know your stuff about the little bikes,
what would be a good bike to get to just muck around on?
Can you get Replicas? like a rossi one or somthink?

Cheers

For a Muck around bike a D2 Rep would be the go.

They do not mind that much doing low spares compaired to say a B1, B2 or other higher performance machines :)

If you want to do minibike Track days, Then a B1 or GRC Rep would be the way to go :)

CookMySock
15th August 2009, 15:18
If you want to learn to race them, start on a standard daytona. (40-50cc aircooled.)

Steve

Leyton
15th August 2009, 16:30
If you want to learn to race them, start on a standard daytona. (40-50cc aircooled.)

Steve

Yeah good point, On a B1 and above you might shit your pants the first time you take it out and be discouraged :) The D2's teach you the real important basic's. And infact.. I was just as quick on my D2 most of the time then someone on a B1 in the corners.

Just got raped on the streights.

Z1_ZPF_BOY
15th August 2009, 17:02
Yeah good point, On a B1 and above you might shit your pants the first time you take it out and be discouraged :) The D2's teach you the real important basic's. And infact.. I was just as quick on my D2 most of the time then someone on a B1 in the corners.

Just got raped on the streights.

Very true, you should get a daytona..... u will get it...... learn the much needed skill... then demand more speed...... and get a water cooled. I did two track days on a daytona then wanted more speed so i got a ZPF.:first:

HAVE FUN!!!!!:niceone:

Leyton
15th August 2009, 17:07
Haha 2 days track day was like that for me too :)

Having a Daytona is for a spare bike is a PLUS, So it makes them the perfect start out bike.

CookMySock
15th August 2009, 18:35
On a B1 and above you might shit your pants the first time you take it out and be discouraged :)Slightly, yeah. :eek:

The other thing is, you can race a daytona in any class. You can race a B1 in two classes, maybe three if you are lucky.

The daytona will get you track time, the B1 will get you thrills.. if you can handle it... and you won't.

Steve

Z1_ZPF_BOY
18th August 2009, 08:31
If you can, stick with the daytona and run a water-cooled, you will get speed, skill, and the track time.