PDA

View Full Version : Wigram August 22nd 2009

imdying
14th August 2009, 15:53
We're planning another day at Wigram, info is here (http://minimotonz.forumup.org/viewtopic.php?t=122&mforum=minimotonz).

{.bLanK}G_o_D
16th August 2009, 01:25
I'll be there will bells on!:first:

{.bLanK}G_o_D
16th August 2009, 23:13
Must be some others out there keen, C'mon post your interest. Less than a week to go now.
I plan on buying another stack of 50 cones before then too.

"Copied and pasted"

What:

* Racing
* Bike testing / development
* Water cooled and air cooled bikes both welcome

Where:

* Wigram Air Force Base, Christchurch
* Event will be held tarmac outside southern most hangar

When:

* August 22nd 2009
* Meeting no later 12:50pm at the Issat Lane entrance. I will check the spelling of that street, it's not an official road so does not appear on maps. Basically, head off Main South Road down Harvard Ave. Turn left onto the lane (it's after the museum car park entrance). If you hit Red Checkers Place, you've gone too far. When you see the others, or see the Defence Area Gate, you've found it.

How:

* much? $10 per head, yes spectators must pay too

Anything else?

* Bring cones if you have them, mark them as your own
* Bring a piece of carpet or board to put your bike on, drop petrol in the track from a badly maintained bike and you might not be asked back! Accidents happen of course, but bikes should only filled on carpet, not on the grass which will bugger it.
* Rules at the base have changed, security has been upgraded, so...
* Bring food and drink for the four hours, there is no leaving or entering during the event except in the event of a rider needing an ambulance
* Water cooled bikes should ideally be geared in the 7/68 range, but feel free to run whatever gearing you like
* Air cooled bikes should be geared 6/68, although we won't turn anyone away based on gearing! However the track will be laid out to suit 6/68 gearing.
* Bring a camera that can take video if possible, we'll have a laptop on site to extract the footage during the day to free up memory cards.
* Don't wander off. Don't touch shit that doesn't belong to you. Don't climb on the airforce equipment. Don't climb the tower. Basically just respect other peoples stuff sums it up. Touching any of the electric fences will likely jog your memory about this.
* Do PM me or post up here with your cell phone number. Otherwise should something happen, weather, death in the family, whatever, we can't contact you to let you know should the event be off/postponed.
* Do have your car/van packed up by 5:10, ready to leave. Our window of gate access is small, and we're not in the business of pissing off those that give it to us.
* If you turn up late, we'll see you next time
* Prepare your bike to fall down. This means nylon pegs and bar ends. Let us know if you need help with this beforehand, it is easy and cheap. Bikes that'll tear up the tarmac when they go down will not be welcome. Engineering Plastics have 30mm nylon rod, you have a drill bit, go forth and make pegs! Plastic bubbly bottle corks will sort your handle bars out
* Gear is your own choice, but a helmet and gloves are the minimum required
* Don't turn up with insufficient petrol. You can't buy it on site, and you can't leave to buy more

fordhead
14th January 2010, 23:37
is there regular racing in chch would be keen

{.bLanK}G_o_D
16th January 2010, 01:03
At the moment our group has difficulties transporting the bikes, and I am still kinda healing my collar bone.
We will defiantly one way or another get back out on them within several weeks. Do you own a van? ;)
What kinda bike do you have? Air cooled Chinese I assume?
Do you have all the safety gear? (not your best gear btw) Helmet, gloves, leather jacket, boots (that give some protection to your ankles), leather pants? Leather pants aren't essential but advised, jeans at the very least, two pairs of jeans are better than one.
We have permission to use a couple of businesses car parks after working hours and a couple more car parks we "haven't been asked to leave" yet. lol.
After we sort out our water cooled bikes we will head out to Wigram again you can be sure of that.
We'll also need to sort out nylon pegs and crash bungs for your bike to protect the track. That's easy tho.