PDA

View Full Version : Scorpio clutch?

tingle
23rd August 2009, 08:44
Morning all,

I'm new on this forum, go easy on this novice! ;-)

I have had my Scorpio for about 18 months. I really enjoy the bike and it's perfect for the work commute.
However the clutch is giving me a bit of grief.
When I use it on a Monday morning after it has been sitting unused for the weekend, it's like there is no clutch. When putting it into gear for the first time it jumps as if I hadn't engaged the clutch. After that first jump, it works fine. I have tried pumping the clutch lever a zillion times, but that makes no difference.
Any ideas? The fluid level seems fine. I am far from being a mechanic, but hopefully there is an easy fix, else I will have to take it to the shop I guess....

Hamish Carlson
23rd August 2009, 12:31
Is it a brand new scorpio? May just be that the clutch plates are a bit 'sticky' - same thing happens to my AG100 and GSX if I leave them for a week or so. They have newish plates in them - thats what I put it down to.

tingle
23rd August 2009, 17:58
Nope, its about 18 months old and done about 4500 km.

dino3310
23rd August 2009, 18:03
my DR does it every now and then and shes 21,but other wise shes pretty sweet so it doesnt really bother me

Mom
23rd August 2009, 18:11
You might need to adjust the clutch cable a bit is all. It does not stall when you select first?

Jonno.
23rd August 2009, 18:19
Have you changed the oil recently?
Is it low?
Does it stall when you're in first and not moving?

tingle
23rd August 2009, 20:36
Haven't changed the oil recently, tho it is due for a service. the fluid levels are all good.
Doesn't stall when in first and not moving. It will sometimes stall when I put it into first after not using it for a few days, but after that it is fine.

98tls
23rd August 2009, 20:47
Nope, its about 18 months old and done about 4500 km. Plates will be fine then,wouldnt have thought it would need adjusting but from what you have posted it does,simply done,do you have a manual?.

FJRider
23rd August 2009, 21:05
Try starting it with the clutch in.... in and/or out of gear ... see what seems to work best.

tingle
23rd August 2009, 21:15
No, 98tls, havent got a manual, but it I will see if I can source one.
I will try your tip FJRider.

Appreciate all the input!
cheers

dino3310
23rd August 2009, 22:05
could be just the oil mate, see how she is after the service