PDA

View Full Version : ZX6 gear shifting problems

SHELRACING
26th August 2009, 13:08
Having problems changing gear on my ZX6. :crybaby:

Works fine when cold. After a short 5-6km ride. just enough for the motor to start to warm up. It's almost impossible to shift down into 2nd and 1st gear, and feels like it's stuck in a false neutral. If I turn the motor off and work the gearlever by hand I can find neutral with some difficulty.

It's fine again when cold until the initial warm up.

Any help please....

CookMySock
26th August 2009, 14:50
When its hot, try clicking it gently down from 2nd into neutral without using the clutch. If this slips through easily without the clutch, but is stiff az with the clutch then I have seen an engine do this.

Steve

SHELRACING
26th August 2009, 15:52
When its hot, try clicking it gently down from 2nd into neutral without using the clutch. If this slips through easily without the clutch, but is stiff az with the clutch then I have seen an engine do this.

Steve

Can't do that mate, it feels like it's stuck in a false neutral, won't go up or down from 2nd.

Matt Bleck
26th August 2009, 16:05
Having problems changing gear on my ZX6. :crybaby:

Works fine when cold. After a short 5-6km ride. just enough for the motor to start to warm up. It's almost impossible to shift down into 2nd and 1st gear, and feels like it's stuck in a false neutral. If I turn the motor off and work the gearlever by hand I can find neutral with some difficulty.

It's fine again when cold until the initial warm up.

Any help please....
Biggles has just had his gearbox sorted after having problems shifting from 2nd to 3rd, send him a PM.

CookMySock
26th August 2009, 17:09
Can't do that mate, it feels like it's stuck in a false neutral, won't go up or down from 2nd.Ok, if using the clutch (or not) makes no difference to it, then its not the fault I have seen.

Steve