PDA

View Full Version : Taking SMC to the world...

Hanne
28th August 2009, 02:38
...Or SMC time, at least.

Yep, I managed to miss my flight back home last night (was not even washing my hair, which would at least have been a plausible Andrew-style excuse). The train station cops are very friendly but sent me to the airport cops and put me on a train to some tiny village that was the end station and out in the wops.

According to Thai airways Auckland is also kind of out in the wops, and they only fly that roue three times a week. So now I am making use of this free Wlan in the hostel to let you know I am thinking of you guys and doing my best to spread the club traditions as far and wide as possible!

Inspired by Jafa and Andrew's epic adventures I have now added an extra 48 hours to Eta. (hmm, think the 'e' is big for a reason!)

But looking forward to seeing you all again and smelling that home-sweet-home two stroke smoke and setting off disc locks in the carpark and all that jazz. Might make black forest cake (Schwarzwaldkirschtorte) for the chiller at some point too... very German!

Ok, that was all. Maybe we should get a set of club-logo watches made up for a bit of a lark? Super. :headbang:
Bis dann. Hanne

PirateJafa
28th August 2009, 02:43
The wireless is hardly "free" when you consider how much you're paying for that hotel room. ;)

Will be good to see you again, stranger!

Danae
28th August 2009, 03:12
Hehehe! Good to see you are upholding the SMC traditions even when out of the country :lol:

Hanne
28th August 2009, 03:22
Hehehe! Good to see you are upholding the SMC traditions even when out of the country :lol:

Haha not sure my dad thought it was so 'good' when I woke him at 5.30am to break the news to him... :argue:

Danae
28th August 2009, 03:23
Speaking of time and early hours, I'm gonna have another crack at sleeping.

PirateJafa
28th August 2009, 03:35
Sleep is the last refuge of the weak!

twinkle
28th August 2009, 04:42
how did you manage to miss your flight? :lol:

ital916
28th August 2009, 06:47
but I wanted fresh baked cookies SOON! I've gone cold turkey man...........

Hanne
28th August 2009, 07:08
How? Well let's say it was something that only I would do.
Had to do with my passports being in a folder deep in the safest part of my bag and me looking with boys' eyes and having a bit of a panic... discovered the secret pouch in my bag where they were safely stored an hour AFTER my flight had left.

Taking the wrong train to the airport along the way didn't help either... Neither did going two days without sleep beforehand!
Ah well, next time I come this way should be third time lucky :P
It is all part of the adventure, I guess (although I have a feeling i am never going to hear the ned of this one, at leaat last time the drama happened a few days before I was due to leave, not a few hours)
Actually I texted Stephen yesterday morning saying I wasn't ready to come home becasue I love it here so much. But I did not mean I wanted to stay like this! Careful what you wish for, huh? :P

pocketcracker
28th August 2009, 07:34
EWW you Love Stephen ! .. Yukky girl jermz ! ... *yea im jelious*

Slyer
28th August 2009, 08:55
Hey at least you've got plenty of time to buy us souvenirs now. ;)
Come back safe!

Hanne
28th August 2009, 09:00
Yes I haz gummi bears :D
and Kinder Schokolade. Although half the bars are now missing from the pack, donated to the energy-at-the-airport cause :P

motorbyclist
28th August 2009, 10:16
oh lawl - but it gives me moar time to get Brown Fury ready!

Danae
28th August 2009, 11:21
Omigod german gummy bears!!!

R6_kid
28th August 2009, 12:09
So you're getting drunk, abusing random strangers, and buzzing out on E? :headbang:

James Deuce
28th August 2009, 12:48
First thing I'd do if one of my kids rang up and said they'd missed their plane would be to cancel their credit card, followed by ringing the appropriate Customs authorities explaining that my son's girlfriend had rung up complaining that the boyfriend hadn't shown up with the cheap heroin from Thailand yet.

Real_Wolf
29th August 2009, 00:58
Yep, I managed to miss my flight back home last night (was not even washing my hair, which would at least have been a plausible Andrew-style excuse)

Andrew: "I ran outta fuel. Someone must have switched it onto reserve"

Later

Danae: "Oh, remember, you stuck it onto reserve while we were out riding earlier"

Oh, and cookies... cake.... food.... any sorta food.... just food..... Om nom nom

PirateJafa
29th August 2009, 02:04
It is all part of the adventure, I guess (although I have a feeling i am never going to hear the ned of this one, at leaat last time the drama happened a few days before I was due to leave, not a few hours)

This is the SMC - we have drama on a daily basis.

More than Shortland St!

Hanne
29th August 2009, 18:47
Made it to Bangkok, yay! Luckily the test for explosives on my jacket turned out negative and they let me on the plane :P There is dirt biking in Thai on TV. And for some reason I have net. Woohoo!

motorbyclist
30th August 2009, 11:50
Andrew: "I ran outta fuel. Someone must have switched it onto reserve"

Later

Danae: "Oh, remember, you stuck it onto reserve while we were out riding earlier"

now now, the hornet was entirely my fault for not becoming familiar with the fuel tap layout, compounded by forgetting about hitting reserve.

some of the latest riffer ones, however......