PDA

View Full Version : 150th helmet gets SHARP rating

Bob
28th August 2009, 09:09
Another 25 helmets have been rated by SHARP, bringing the total to 150.

The new helmets consist of 19 full face and 6 flip-front.

The new ratings are:
Make Model Rating
AGV GP Tech 5
AGV K4 4
Airoh SV55 S 4
Arai Chaser 3
Box FX 1 3
Dainese Airstream 1
Dainese D181 2
Dainese Performance 4
Harley Davidson FXRG 4
Harley Davidson Laguna II 1
HJC FS Max 3
HJC IS Max 3
Nitro N510V 3
Nitro N1000V 2
NZI Convert III 1
RST Fusion 1
Shark RSF 3 4
Shark RSR 2 Carbon 5
Vemar Jiano 3
Scorpion EXO 450 3
Nolan X802 4
Airoh Force 3
Arashi Daytona 1
Bell M4R Carbon 5
Bell M5X Carbon 5

Road Safety Minister Paul Clark said "If all riders wore the safest helmets available 50 lives could be saved each year. I am therefore delighted to publish these new SHARP ratings.”

The SHARP team said that more helmets are being tested and further ratings will be added during the remainder of 2009.

For full details, log to: http://www.direct.gov.uk/sharp

howdamnhard
28th August 2009, 16:20
Looking at getting a Bell Apex helmet. The Bell helmets on the Sharp tests did well but the Apex is not one that has been tested and can't find anyting about them on Bell's website. Anybody ever had one or know anything about them? They are made of Kevlar and their specs seem pretty good ?

p.dath
28th August 2009, 16:24
Why don't you email them and request it be tested? Will probably take a while, but will help the next person.

Bob
28th August 2009, 22:11
Looking at getting a Bell Apex helmet. The Bell helmets on the Sharp tests did well but the Apex is not one that has been tested and can't find anyting about them on Bell's website. Anybody ever had one or know anything about them? They are made of Kevlar and their specs seem pretty good ?

Just found this review:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/bell-apex/

Agree with P.Dath though - email SHARP and ask them to review. Won't help you (unless it is on the list!), but it will be there for the future.

howdamnhard
29th August 2009, 00:00
Thanks but I've have already checked that review.Was hoping someone had some personal experience with them. No point contacting Sharp as I suspect it is a superseded model.

firefighter
29th August 2009, 12:36
Road Safety Minister Paul Clark said "If all riders wore the safest helmets available 50 lives could be saved each year. I am therefore delighted to publish these new SHARP ratings.”

What a load of shit.

My Suomy Vandal is'nt even on the list, and it did so good a job of saving my ass, I did'nt even know my head hit the ground until months afterwards, when I noticed a small dent on the steel visor clip thing, and a few stress cracks which I had'nt noticed on both sides where the impact must have spread through.

I seriously did'nt even know that my head had touched down. That's performance. An 80km/h crash which wrote off my old bike, and my head did'nt feel a thing.

So much for the sharp rating.

firefighter
29th August 2009, 12:40
Thanks but I've have already checked that review.Was hoping someone had some personal experience with them. No point contacting Sharp as I suspect it is a superseded model.

Read my above post. If you trust the brand, go with the test reviews in regards to the wind noise/comfort etcetc.

They have to comply with standards anyway. And the better brands only have it in their best interests to excell in these tests.

Sharp review what they're paid to review, and the rating reflects what they were paid.

Sidewinder
29th August 2009, 12:44
no shoei's oh wait we all know shoei is the best!:Oi:

Bob
29th August 2009, 21:52
no shoei's oh wait we all know shoei is the best!:Oi:

As you asked:

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/search/results/?sort=manufacturer&dir=asc&manufacturer=48&model=0&type=0&rating=0&size=0&price=0&x=44&y=4

I find it interesting that the cheapest Shoei tested gets the best result.