PDA

View Full Version : 0 - 100 in 1 second!

Lurch
29th August 2009, 08:18
The electric KillaCycle is coming to Meremere in January!

I struggle to imagine even holding on to the grips.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/motoring/2813015/KillaCycle-is-a-cordless-whiz

Grahameeboy
29th August 2009, 08:22
An electric motor has more torgue than a gas one

Lurch
29th August 2009, 08:23
An electric motor has more torgue than a gas one

Thanks for that piece of new and insightful information.

Grahameeboy
29th August 2009, 08:26
Thanks for that piece of new and insightful information.

No problem...Nats wheelchair does not slow down on steep hills so shows the power of just a small electric motor...

merv
29th August 2009, 09:07
If only we could have wireless electricity in some simple form that won't fry us with electromagnetic waves, imagine a bike that would never need topping up, no oil changes, nothing, just tyres and maybe brakes, but then if the brakes could be perfected electrically too no worries there either.

paturoa
29th August 2009, 13:04
The vids at the bottom are a good look. Crash - the "switch" stuck on!

p.dath
29th August 2009, 13:34
I just read the Waikato Times about it. It develops 500 horsepower, goes 0-100km/h in 1s (yes, 1s) and has a top speed of 274km/h.

It has a quarter mile time of 7.82s. They are going to try and break the NZ record of 7.615s.

It says it cosy them NZ$145k.

oldrider
29th August 2009, 13:45
Thought the name KillaCycle was a cute play on the electrical frequency measurement of Kilocycle! :banana:

KrazyGixxerBoy
29th August 2009, 17:18
Thought the name KillaCycle was a cute play on the electrical frequency measurement of Kilocycle! :banana:

Nah...judging from the video it's definately a literal translation!

dipshit
29th August 2009, 17:23
Thought the name KillaCycle was a cute play on the electrical frequency measurement of Kilocycle!

That, and Americans love giving wank names to everything.

DELLORTO
29th August 2009, 17:42
No problem...Nats wheelchair does not slow down on steep hills so shows the power of just a small electric motor...

well my electric scooter deffinitly slowed down going up hills.....infact it burn all its battery and stoped.....

although technology on electric scooters isnt cutting edge.....

YellowDog
29th August 2009, 17:46
No thanks.

CookMySock
29th August 2009, 18:33
Mr Dube was lucky to survive after he crashed it into a parked car at high speed, while giving an impromptu demonstration.After accellerating for just one meter, it nearly cut the car in half. LOL

Steve

jonbuoy
29th August 2009, 19:34
If only we could have wireless electricity in some simple form that won't fry us with electromagnetic waves, imagine a bike that would never need topping up, no oil changes, nothing, just tyres and maybe brakes, but then if the brakes could be perfected electrically too no worries there either.

Or scalextrics style brush contacts on the roads :laugh:

Grahameeboy
29th August 2009, 20:52
well my electric scooter deffinitly slowed down going up hills.....infact it burn all its battery and stoped.....

although technology on electric scooters isnt cutting edge.....

2 batteries and $30,000 is cutting edge..........

Markw336
29th August 2009, 21:11
thats deffinatley fast how do they keep it from fliping on the spot

quickbuck
29th August 2009, 21:49
thats deffinatley fast how do they keep it from fliping on the spot

Length... and it would break traction well before you leaver that mass over the top...

I think it has an attraction to destroying mechanical things... after all it is powered by batteries from power tools....