PDA

View Full Version : Edgecumbe Racing Sat 5th and Sun 6th September

BiK3RChiK
1st September 2009, 18:38
Pocket Bike racing this coming weekend at Edgecumbe weather permitting. :sunny:

Saturday will be a bike prep., test day at the track. Not usually a lot happening.

Sunday morning the club will be holding it's AGM at the track. BBQ lunch (free for members) or bring some bangers to throw on the barbie...

Sunday afternoon is a fun day. Everyone welcome. Free entry and if you are keen to have a go, then make it known to someone and you will be offered a ride.:scooter: Of course, the usual track day fees probably apply to riders!

Z1_ZPF_BOY
2nd September 2009, 16:40
Is sunday the official NZMMRC AGM?:shit::shit::shit:...

CookMySock
2nd September 2009, 16:55
Is sunday the official NZMMRC AGM?:shit::shit::shit:...Uhh no, its the local club AGM.

edit: It might be on the same day as the official NZMMRC AGM for all I know, but our little club is only official to us. ;)

Steve

mohawk
2nd September 2009, 19:51
Yea, but your little club days are just as well run, and have more riders show up.:woohoo:.
You really should try make it down some time Connor

CookMySock
2nd September 2009, 20:49
Hehe, yeah it's been a great year for our family at the track. Met some nice folks for sure. Lots of folks turning up now.. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Bikers, try something really nutty.. come over and have a ride. Go to Thornton and turn towards Edgecumbe - the track is on this road. Sunday is just-have-fun day, so lots of riding time..
http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=edgecumbe+kart+track&sll=-41.244772,172.617188&sspn=28.027976,56.425781&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.959502,176.837429&spn=0.003384,0.010976&t=h&z=17 Here.

Steve

Z1_ZPF_BOY
2nd September 2009, 22:02
Yea, but your little club days are just as well run, and have more riders show up.:woohoo:.
You really should try make it down some time Connor

sorry if this sounds rude, but who are you? were you at the last Mt Welly?:scratch:

ready4whatever
2nd September 2009, 22:09
Whats your name bikerchik. bop such a small hole thought i might I've heard of you. providing your late teens to mid 20's. dont see many of us on kiwibiker

BiK3RChiK
3rd September 2009, 07:46
Whats your name bikerchik. bop such a small hole thought i might I've heard of you. providing your late teens to mid 20's. dont see many of us on kiwibiker

I wish! :lol:

Although there's quite a few lady riders here in the EBOP, there aren't a lot on KB. Only way I've met most of them is by getting out and riding or going and introducing myself to them.

Might see you at the track on Sunday, then?:niceone:

Mavis

mohawk
3rd September 2009, 19:49
sorry if this sounds rude, but who are you? were you at the last Mt Welly?:scratch:

Na, not rude. We been at last 4 mtwellington, last 2 edgecumbe, last tokaroa and we guna do edgecumbe,auckland, and Tam this month. will join edgecumbe club this season.
We're just gunna keep racing till it stops being fun.
Shane.

mohawk
3rd September 2009, 19:53

Think i had just past you on my d2 when yours broke at last meet.:bleh:

Z1_ZPF_BOY
3rd September 2009, 20:22
yeah, that sounds about right.:doh:

I too will be at the next Tam and the last 3 rounds. You sould join the club and compete next season!!!!!:scooter:
It is alot more fun than a track day, especially in Sen A and B

DELLORTO
3rd September 2009, 21:13
yeah, that sounds about right.:doh:

I too will be at the next Tam and the last 3 rounds. You sould join the club and compete next season!!!!!:scooter:
It is alot more fun than a track day, especially in Sen A and B

your right about that......i never got good until i started doing club rounds

ready4whatever
3rd September 2009, 22:51
Might see you at the track on Sunday, then?:niceone:

Mavis

Wont be there on the DT. I ordered a sweet little bike at the shop but then straight after that lost my job :doh: so thats on hold at the moment

CookMySock
4th September 2009, 07:36
Wont be there on the DT. I ordered a sweet little bike at the shop but then straight after that lost my job :doh: so thats on hold at the momentJust get out there any way you can bro. Bring your bike gear. :yes:

Steve

BiK3RChiK
4th September 2009, 12:27
Just get out there any way you can bro. Bring your bike gear. :yes:

Steve
Absolutely! It's gonna be :sunny: too by the looks of the forecast. I'm hoping the wind abates somewhat......

All Welcome even if you don't have a pocket bike. Should be a good day:niceone:

Grant`
5th September 2009, 23:07
Might see about making it out there to have a bit of a look, be something to do for sunday.

CookMySock
6th September 2009, 07:35
This event is 100% all go today. Club AGM (all racers and interested parties welcome) from 10am.

Family fun day from midday ish. Some lunch available at the track. Coffee cart to visit if I can get them.

Bring your bike gear! Have a go! Some helmets and gloves may be available for those with no gear, but you will definitely be more comfortable in your own gear.

Bikers on a mission today - stop off for a nosey. we're five minutes off the highway, on a grrreat twisty road. Great day for a ride btw. :headbang:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=edgecumbe+kart+track&sll=-37.976605,176.82835&sspn=0.115017,0.220413&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.959531,176.837005&spn=0.001798,0.003444&t=h&z=18

Steve

Grant`
6th September 2009, 19:28
Looks like it was good times had by all, Enjoyed myself for the time I was out there and the tooing and froming on the bike to get there.

Now i just have to look into getting one of those puppies to practise on :headbang:

CookMySock
6th September 2009, 19:37
A great day had by all. No injuries and plenty of fun racing. Highlight of the day was the Fathers' Day race.. :clap:
Loads of visitors too.. mostly all of them were too chicken to have a go, LOL.

Steve