PDA

View Full Version : Pocket bike - what's the best oil and petrol?

crystalball
6th September 2009, 14:51
Hello,
I just got a second hand pocket bike off trademe, (just basic chinese modal black white fairings)got it home and tried to start it and darn plastic pull starter broke. so got a alloy one and put that on and it wouldint start. so took motor out and cleaned everything e.t.c (the muffler had oily fluid in it as well.:( ) and then it started.(took it for lil spin lol went fine but gota slow it down for the little ones (throttle spring) revs very high when at idle and wow smokes like a chimney when at idle. now owner told me to use 96 petrol and 50/1 oil he gave me some super 2 stroke engine oil to use. so my questions are whats best petrol and oil to use in it and whats best mixing rate to mix with the petrol. i was thinking mayby 50/1 is to much oil. also is it normal for these bikes to rev high. get my kids new a115 pocket bike this week hope that is better.

crystalball
6th September 2009, 17:37
omfg wow what a noob lol. 1st time mixing oil and used 50mls of oil then relised its 50 parts:mad: so drained petrol and now revs are down and only smokes a little bit at idel and none when riding. o.k you can stop laugthing now. catch up:cool:

CookMySock
6th September 2009, 19:20
LOL. Ah well you probably didn't hurt it. Yeah use a quality synthetic two stroke oil. Don't use the cheap stuff or you will have lots of stress from it. Get rid of the crap chinese spark plug and put an NGK in it.

Get down do the track and give it a good caning. ;)

Steve

BigAl
6th September 2009, 19:39
30/1 and TTS

Z1_ZPF_BOY
7th September 2009, 10:53
we found that Mobil 1 2 stroke oil was one of the worst as it gums up the carbs after a few runs:oi-grr:. Castrol R was pretty good but you couldn't leave it in the tank for a while or it will gum up your carby. Castrol 2 stroke AIR-COOLED oil ran really well with the WATER-COOLED bikes. The best i think is fuchs motor oil which we run in all the bikes now.

Petrol/Oil ratio: 30/1

SMOKEU
7th September 2009, 16:56
What kind of NGK plugs are these bikes meant to use?

Z1_ZPF_BOY
7th September 2009, 17:43
Air-Cooled use BM6A.
Water-Cooled use B9EGV.

CookMySock
7th September 2009, 18:44
we found that Mobil 1 2 stroke oil was one of the worst as it gums up the carbs after a few runs:oi-grr:.Haha, why am I not surprised.. excuse my glee.. LOL.

Amsoil 100:1 if you can find it, if you can afford it, if you dare. LOL.

Steve

crystalball
7th September 2009, 21:55
I got some castrol activ 2t jaso fc i mixed 50/1 seems to be all gd. but next time i fill petrol tin up ill use 30/1.
i really got the bikes for the two girls 5yr and 10yr :hug:. they stay with there mums but i see them every 3rd weekend.older girl I can see when i want. will be at tepuke track sometimes as young one lives in tauranga. but will be coming to mt wellington track this month with older girl to have a look and get good knowledge off what we need to get ready;). hoping my girls will be able to have a little go around the track av some fun:laugh:. they just learners tho:doctor:. ill av to break the new bike in tho myself. im gona get some stainless wool (for old bike)to make bike quieter so they can practice off track (my place) the new bike is for track that ill leave alone. hope they are aloud to use the a115 on the track for fun:sweatdrop.gota get some nylon footpegs and some rubber ends mayby wine bottle tops they plastic :beer:and some gloves and armor got brand new helmets for them fullface then gota adjust the speed for the little one at the carb cable,:bash: when she gets betta ill raise the speed. then this weekend gota teach lilttle one to ride. hehe sweet.:woohoo: thats my story :zzzz:

mohawk
7th September 2009, 22:10
Sounds like your on the right track. Ive usually got spare gear you can borrow. Bring all your bikes and spares you can carry, you never know what might happen when your racing d2s.
Anything you need just ask, Mt wellingtons the perfect place to start.