PDA

View Full Version : The blue lovely has a lie down at Laava's

Mom
12th September 2009, 19:35
Well technically not a lie down as such, more of a little rest.

The very lovely Laava took pity on this gal last weekend and offered his gasket making skills, after the blue lovely disgraced herself at Puhoi. He was even prepared to come here to work his magic, but it seemed only fair the blue lovely went to the mountain so to speak. So this morning it was decided that a trip to the norf was in order.

Talking to Laava on the phone he did suggest, with somewhat of an evil laugh I have to say, that I may get a little wet on the journey. He asked about my fluffy seam and said he was prepared to laugh at me if I showed up with wet pants :shutup:

Not one to be put off by a little bit of precipitation even though my pants leak like a sieve, I packed a pair of dry pants to change into (the hell with being laughed at eh) and hit the road. The weather man never gets it right afterall. Well, what a crappy day to be out riding :yes: The blue lovely was being drawn norf by the smell of new gasket paper a bit like freshly baked bread it seemed, she did however sulk a bit on some of the long straights, seems I may have to revisit those carbs afterall. For me though all was going well apart from the tell tale cold seepage that started not too far from home and was more of a total sensation by the time we arrived in the gargre of Laava.

The blue lovely was as warm as toast though, and Laava made short work of dispatching her oil to the bin. We decided to really go hard out and change the oil filter too, so off that came as well. Now the Radian is an odd (but lovely) machine, with sump plugs and other things in weird places that are not easy to get too, who would have thunk the front of an engine is a good place to drain the oil out of :blink: Anyway we were into it!

MadDuck
12th September 2009, 19:41
Talking to Laava on the phone he did suggest, with somewhat of an evil laugh I have to say, that I may get a little wet on the journey. He asked about my fluffy seam and said he was prepared to laugh at me if I showed up with wet pants

What an evil, evil, evil man :shutup:

FJRider
12th September 2009, 19:44
What an evil, evil, evil man :shutup:

Some men are like that .... :innocent:

Mom
12th September 2009, 19:44
In short order off came the clutch cover and hello! Seems there is a bit of a gap in the old gasket, that someone has filled with silicone. Somethings are not fit for purpose and the place there is a gap is where the oil is coming from. At this point I think I may have fallen in love with Laava :love: Sorry Momma Jo and Maha, but seriously, I really thought I was going to have to park the blue lovely up, to discover I dont have to was such a good feeling!

Out come the springs and plates, this man is an absolute demon with a spanner I can tell you :yes: We are left with the clutch basket, that is showing some serious signs of wear indeed. Knowing my recent luck though, the whole thing plates included will have to be replaced. I am feeling a bit sick at the prospect.

Mom
12th September 2009, 19:52
Out comes the trusty vernier. Now I am not lucky enough to own one of these measuring devices (though I did borrow one from a bloke at work, I WAS going to deal to the blue lovely's clutch this weekend come hell or high water) and we measured the friction plates, and checked the steels for warpage. So far my theories are out the window, I was going for some spacers under the clutch springs being the culprit, after that warped steel plates. Both friction and steels are well within tolerance and not a sign of a spacer to be seen.

Hmmmm, the clutch springs though are well under spec, but that wont create the drag, that will cause slipage of which I have none. That clutch basket is really starting to appear to be the biggest problem. So, off with its head! Or words to that effect. I am sure I could have actually undone the big nut holding the basket to the engine, it was not fastened that tightly :pinch: but I would have failed in the long run, I dont have a socket big enough :shifty:

Laava
12th September 2009, 19:56
Heh! I loved the bit where you got off the bike, squatted, and leaked all over the floor!

Mom
12th September 2009, 20:03
I love watching a man work :yes: lovely Laava was standing in the rain (did I mention the weather up here was really crap today? He was using some wet and dry sandpaper in a container of water and carefully ( I would have used a friggen big file if it was me) reducing the wear damage on the basket edge surfaces. I was the brolly dolly :yes: Pity there is no pic (Maha was off buying replacement oil and hopefully a new filter) This really cute purple girls sized umbrella was all I could fine at the time, so I was valiantly holding it over his sweaty brow, and we were both getting soaked!

It was a this point I suggested we move inside :innocent: FIGJAM I tells ya!

Once we were back under shelter I found myself something useful to do, scraping old silicone and gasket from the cover and the engine case, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Dont ever use silicone to help hold a gasket together people, it is shit and it breaks up to zillions of crappy bits that stick like shit to a blanket. Imagine the damage that stuff could do if it got lodged in oil galleries around your engine. Silicone suks ok!

oldguy
12th September 2009, 20:12
rusty colour oil, is it oil?:confused:

Mom
12th September 2009, 20:25
Maha returned from his trip to buy bits empty handed. Well not true, he had oil :yes: Vital stuff, but no new filter, seems we were asking too much of a Saturday afternoon, in the norf. Poor lovely man, got wet ( it really CHUCKED IT DOWN as soon as he left) you really do feel like a shit sending someone off to get something in that sort of weather for them to come back empty handed. Thank you lovely man :love:

So, no new oil filter, but oil. A bloody gorgeous new gasket hand crafted by Dr Laava, and under tolerance springs. Hmmmmmmm. Desicions, decisions.

Not rocket science really. Do not replace the clutch cover until the springs are replaced, so no oil in the engine until new filter is obtained. The blue lovely rests at Laava's!

Thank you Al! Really, you will probably not begin to understand how much I appreciate your help today. Thank you!

So, now I need to buy 5 new clutch springs and an oil filter.

Did I mention this fabulous man is going to balance my carbs before the blue lovely goes home?

But top of the list of wonderful things this man has done for me to day is give me a root before I left! Really, the most jazzy, wonderful root I have ever received :yes:

I was warm as toast wrapped in the effect of that root!

Mom
12th September 2009, 20:42
Heh! I loved the bit where you got off the bike, squatted, and leaked all over the floor!

Well, I have to say I felt very relieved too! That is so revolting! I was a bit shocked myself, how disgusting! :o :Punk:

rusty colour oil, is it oil?:confused:

Yeah, the stuff that drained out was oil, albeit black oil and not very pretty. I was certain she had an oil and filter change 3K kms ago, it was paid for anyway. The cases look like they have baked on oil, something like a deepfryer gone bad! When you give it berries with solvent it does clean off, and no metalic residue to be seen. Weird eh? I dont call her blue lovely for nothing :sunny:

oldguy
12th September 2009, 20:52
Poor lovely man, got wet ( it really CHUCKED IT DOWN as soon as he left) you really do feel like a shit sending someone off to get something in that sort of weather for them to come back empty handed. Thank you lovely man :love:

give me a root before I left! Really, the most jazzy, wonderful root I have ever received :yes:

you told me it never rains in the norf,:sunny: by the sounds of it, it pissed down:msn-wink:

Oh and a bit to much info there mom.

Maha
12th September 2009, 21:07
CB1300's are very heavy.....:confused:
And no Al, I didnt need hand cleaner.....:done:
Mamma Jo make good toasties! :wari:
Neighbours who cough should stay indoors...:shifty:

MadDuck
12th September 2009, 21:12
CB1300's are very heavy.....:confused:

Seems there is a story yet to be shared ?????

Maha
12th September 2009, 21:15
Seems there is a story yet to be shared ?????

Lets just say, I dont scream and I stay very composed in times of urgency...:innocent:

Score = 2-1.

Laava
12th September 2009, 21:34
most jazzy, wonderful root I have ever received :yes:

So, you like a dry root then?
But seriously, glad it did the trick.

yungatart
13th September 2009, 08:44
What a wonderful man he is ...all that work and then gives you a root too! Very colourful one too, I might add.
Those fluffy pants of yours just have to go, girlfriend! They are not a good look on one who is long past toilet training days:shit:

Mom
13th September 2009, 09:33
Well I live in hope that the rain will eventually stop and my poor fluffy seam can last a few more months in the dry times before I have to buy some new ones.

Amazing root eh?

yungatart
13th September 2009, 09:35
Amazing root eh?

I've never been offered a root quite like it....very jealous, I am :blink:

MSTRS
13th September 2009, 10:01
Well I live in hope that the rain will eventually stop and my poor fluffy seam can last a few more months in the dry times before I have to buy some new ones.

Amazing root eh?

So what you are trying to say (in a roundabout way) is that a decent root is good for a fluffy seam? :whistle:
Great tale and photos. And it would seem that the blue lovely's story is not done.

oldrider
13th September 2009, 10:02

Amazing root eh?

I'm coming back in the next world as a "fluffy seam"! :whistle: You will know it's me, I promise to stay warm, no matter what the weather! :lol:

Kickaha
13th September 2009, 10:18
Hmmmm, the clutch springs though are well under spec

What is the spec for them I may have some

If you go for aftermarket springs just be aware a lot of them are a higher spring rate than stock and may make the clutch heavier to pull in

Good idea to lube the clutch cable at the same time as well

Mom
13th September 2009, 10:31

If you go for aftermarket springs just be aware a lot of them are a higher spring rate than stock and may make the clutch heavier to pull in

I cant remember, and I have left the manual with the bike, the springs were short of the minimum length though. I will see if I can track down Laava today (though I know he is riding out today) and ask. Yes the cable is as dry as a dry thing too. I have one of those nifty cable lubricating devices which I will be putting to good use.

Maha
13th September 2009, 11:36

They were bang on 30mm, minimum is 30.8, not sure on max size but its around 40.8??, but like Anne said, will check with Lavva.

Kickaha
13th September 2009, 11:38
They were bang on 30mm, minimum is 30.8, not sure on max size but its around 40.8??, but like Anne said, will check with Lavva.

I will check what I have, they have the same clutch as my 550

:edit, I don't think those figures of yours are correct an XJ600 has a minimum free length of 40.2mm, I have springs here that are 40.8+ if you need them

Mom
13th September 2009, 14:45
I will check what I have, they have the same clutch as my 550

:edit, I don't think those figures of yours are correct an XJ600 has a minimum free length of 40.2mm, I have springs here that are 40.8+ if you need them

I was thinking 42.8 max to 40.8 min, mine are 40mm.

Let me confirm that though. Should I go for something between max and min though? Do they get shorter with wear or something?

Laava
13th September 2009, 16:17
These springs are 41mm and the manual says std is 42.8, min is 41.8, and they are approx 2.3mm wire and 17mm od. Would be great if you have them, no doubt you will let Anne know! Thanks Al
The blue lovely is gettin' it on with Blossom!

MSTRS
13th September 2009, 16:45
All this time, Mom, you've been talking about your 'fluffy seam'. I didn't realise it was a typo...
Hint: - the 't' is on the top row on your keyboard. :whistle:

Mom
13th September 2009, 16:45
These springs are 41mm and the manual says std is 42.8, min is 41.8, and they are approx 2.3mm wire and 17mm od. Would be great if you have them, no doubt you will let Anne know! Thanks Al
The blue lovely is gettin' it on with Blossom!

Blossom looks very comfy on the blue lovely...:lol:

Mom
13th September 2009, 16:46
All this time, Mom, you've been talking about your 'fluffy seam'. I didn't realise it was a typo...
Hint: - the 't' is on the top row on your keyboard. :whistle:

Laava will have to tell you about blossom...

Laava
13th September 2009, 17:07
Laava will have to tell you about blossom...

Ah no! I'm not a southern man, I don't do sheep sharing!

Mom
13th September 2009, 17:11
Ah no! I'm not a southern man, I don't do sheep sharing!

But certainly shearing? Actually no that is crap, you do sheep tanning :D

Hey serious question here, as the springs wear out do they get longer or shorter?

Ixion
13th September 2009, 17:18
Hey serious question here, as the springs wear out do they get longer or shorter?

Shorter, for normal clutches .

Mom
13th September 2009, 17:24
Shorter, for normal clutches .

Define normal...lol

So, worn clutch springs get shorter as mine have done. What is the effect of worn springs, would that have been contributing as well to the clutch drag? What effect will replacing them with in limit springs have? Will it make the clutch harder to operate for example.

Laava
13th September 2009, 17:32
I think that after we lube the cable and replace the springs plus what we have already done, ie remove scoring, you will have an improved clutch. That is to say that if the pull is harder it will be negated by the fact that the mechanism works better. End result, more smily miles! IMO!

Mom
13th September 2009, 17:36
I think that after we lube the cable and replace the springs plus what we have already done, ie remove scoring, you will have an improved clutch. That is to say that if the pull is harder it will be negated by the fact that the mechanism works better. End result, more smily miles! IMO!

The $64K question is though, will I be able to select neutral while the engine is running? Actually there are 2 questions for that price. Will I actually be able to be stationary at an intersection with the clutch in, waiting for a gap in traffic and be able to hold her stopped with my feet and not the brakes...LOL

I have absolutely no doubt the clutch will be 100% better than what it was when the blue lovely arrived in your gargre though. Riding an older bike with "quirks" is all part of the joy of riding for me.

Mom
13th September 2009, 17:38
Oh and most importantly of all, she wont leak oil!!!! That alone warms the cockles of my heart.

Kickaha
13th September 2009, 17:40
These springs are 41mm and the manual says std is 42.8, min is 41.8, and they are approx 2.3mm wire and 17mm od. Would be great if you have them, no doubt you will let Anne know!

Where do you get the 42.8 figure from, is it a factory manual? the Radian has the same motor as the XJ600 which lists 40.8 as minimum even the later Diversion is still only 41.8 as minimum

I dont have anything over 41mm, but I know the likes of EBC do an aftermarket spring but about 10-15% stiffer

Define normal...lol

So, worn clutch springs get shorter as mine have done. What is the effect of worn springs, would that have been contributing as well to the clutch drag? What effect will replacing them with in limit springs have? Will it make the clutch harder to operate for example.

I would have thought shorter springs would be more likely to slip than drag but I saw a good post on clutch adjustment on XJbikes which I will copy across when I find it

Using OE springs it shouldn't make any difference in how hard to operate, using aftermarket it might but only if they are a stiffer spring rate than the stockers

edit : Badrad site says 41.8 minimium which means any spring I have will be to short
D:\TECHNICAL_PUBLICATIONS\XJ600SD_service_guide.pd f
page 32

FJRider
13th September 2009, 17:40
Shorter springs mean less pressure on the plates ... A hydraullic clutch should see no change. A cable clutch will be barely noticed. A gradual decline in force needed to operate the clutch is noticed most after clutch is rebuilt.

Kickaha
13th September 2009, 17:41
These springs are 41mm and the manual says std is 42.8, min is 41.8, and they are approx 2.3mm wire and 17mm od. Would be great if you have them, no doubt you will let Anne know!

Where do you get the 42.8 figure from, is it a factory manual? the Radian has the same motor as the XJ600 which lists 40.8 as minimum even the later Diversion is still only 41.8 as minimum

I dont have anything over 41mm, but I know the likes of EBC do an aftermarket spring but about 10-15% stiffer

Define normal...lol

I would have thought shorter springs would be more likely to slip than drag but I saw a good post on clutch adjustment on XJbikes which I will copy across when I find it

Using OE springs it shouldn't make any difference in how hard to operate, using aftermarket it might but only if they are a stiffer spring rate than the stockers

edit : Badrad site says 41.8 minimium which means any spring I have will be to short
http://www.badrad600.com/Radian%20Manuals%20-%20Complete%20-%20Printable/YX600%20Service%20Manual%20-%20Chapter%203%20-%20Engine%20Overhaul.pdf
page 32

Mom
13th September 2009, 17:43
Where do you get the 42.8 figure from, is it a factory manual?

No, a trusty Haines one. Surprisingly enough, there are actually some quite big differences between the XJ and the XY (Radian). The blue lovely is speshul you see.

Laava
13th September 2009, 17:45

D:\TECHNICAL_PUBLICATIONS\XJ600SD_service_guide.pd f
page 32
Thanks for that, this manual is Haynes. Oh well we will wait and see what happens with price and availability on new springs> I have no doubt that Mom will be on top of that!

Kickaha
13th September 2009, 17:47
No, a trusty Haines one. Surprisingly enough, there are actually some quite big differences between the XJ and the XY (Radian). The blue lovely is speshul you see.

Not in the engine there isn't, even the later Diversion (Seca 2) shares engine bits with the XJ550/XJ/FJ/YX600

If you don't already know about it all http://www.badrad600.com/ (Badrad) have all the manuals, the figures I gave came from the factory Yamaha manual pdf they have there, I originally posted the wrong link but have since edited it

Mom
13th September 2009, 17:49
http://www.badrad600.com/Radian%20Manuals%20-%20Complete%20-%20Printable/YX600%20Service%20Manual%20-%20Chapter%203%20-%20Engine%20Overhaul.pdf
page 32

That site was the first one I looked at when I got the blue lovely, perhaps I should spend some more time looking there. Thank you for reminding me about it. I will off to my local trusty Yay-maha dealer tomorrow and start asking some questions, the very first one being, do you have an oil filter for the blue lovely? Hmmmm interesting, thanks guys I am learning heaps.

Kickaha
13th September 2009, 18:01
http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2672.html

All about clutch adjustment for when it goes back together

MSTRS
13th September 2009, 18:10
Springs that have become short (fail to return to original rest length) will contribute to clutch slip. Because they can no longer provide that last ounce of pressure on the plates.
The scalloping in the fingers of the basket will be the cause of the drag you were experiencing, because the plates are unable to move freely within the basket once the pressure on them is released.

Laava
13th September 2009, 18:15
Springs that have become short (fail to return to original rest length) will contribute to clutch slip. Because they can no longer provide that last ounce of pressure on the plates.
The scalloping in the fingers of the basket will be the cause of the drag you were experiencing, because the plates are unable to move freely within the basket once the pressure on them is released.

Correct, although the clutch wasn't slipping, everything else was in spec so replacing them is more insurance than improvement at this stage. Hopefully I have done enough dressing up to eliminate the clutch plates binding!

Mom
13th September 2009, 18:54
Correct, although the clutch wasn't slipping, everything else was in spec so replacing them is more insurance than improvement at this stage. Hopefully I have done enough dressing up to eliminate the clutch plates binding!

Of course you have! Look, it cant be any worse. The blue lovely is an old lady with a few miles under her belt. As you pointed out, everything is "worn". I am not interested in spending mountains of money on this lovely bike, just making her rideable for me, though spending time attempting to improve at small cost is right up my alley. Blowing oil was not rideable, the clutch was a pain in the arse. Thankfully the oil issue was the gasket that covered the clutch, and you are a bloody gem!

Mom
14th September 2009, 18:59
Ok, so new clutch springs are ex Aussie, but reasonably priced all the same, the oil filter is a given stocked item. Should have the bits mid week-ish, from there to Laava's abode, when it fits, and then look out world, the blue lovely RETURNS!

Kickaha
15th September 2009, 20:29
Posted with Ricks Permission, very detailed walkthrough on getting correct clutch adjustment

Clutch Adjustment & Clutch Cable Replacement made simple.
Special to: XJBikes.com
Copyright: November 23, 2006
All Rights Reserved.

By: Rick Massey

Here's my submission to our up-coming Tech Section. There's nothing worse than grinding a pound of gears trying to get the bike into first gear, fighting with the gear change pedal to get into Neutral, having the bike do the "Red Light Creep" and missing a shift. This article will cure those symptoms for you.

Eventually, you'll need to replace the Clutch Cable; too. I have done my best to provide a step-by-step procedure that even the most inexperienced Member should be able to understand and follow when the time comes to swap-out a Clutch Cable.

Following Repair Manual format; here's everything you need to know ... to replace the whole Clutch Cable or simply Adjust your bike's Clutch for smooth riding or Track Day!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cable Replacement:
Note the way that the old cable is routed, from the Clutch Lever Perch, around the front, along the frame, through guides, over or under parts, down along the frame, to the mounting point on the Engine Case, below the Carb's, at the rear of the Clutch Case.

(Make notes, a drawing, or stick tape with arrows pointing the way, if you can't remember how it needs to go.)

Down at the Engine Case:
Bend the tab on the Clutch Throw-Out Lever Mount to allow the Lead "Bullet" Cable End, to be removed and release the cable from the Throw-Out Lever's attachment point.

I use a big Crescent Wrench. Push DOWN on the wrench lifting the Throw-Out Lever and maneuver the Cable End Bullet out of its holding bracket. Pad the jaws of the wrench (or any tool you use) with paper towels.

After detaching the Bullet, relax the wrench pressure allowing the Throw-Out Lever to retract. Clean and lube the pivot point of the cable attachment bracket.

At the Cable's End:
Remove the hard rubber Dust Seal. Un-screw it and slide it to the end of the cable along with the nuts and washers collected as the Cable is removed.

With fresh brake fluid or Armoral, lube the Dust Seal for withdrawing the rubber dust seal off the end of the cable, over the Bullet.

Loosen and remove the Lower Hex Locking Nut and Washer (if present).

Push the threaded Adjusting Barrel through the top of the Mount if the Adjusting Barrel does not come loose from the bracket. The barrel might slide right out from the Mount. Other's may need to be withdrawn. Either way; undo the Adjusting Barrel from the Mounting Bracket.

At the Clutch Lever Perch:
Remove the Hex nut on the end of the Clutch Lever Pivot Pin.
Remove the Pivot Pin bolt.
Slide-out the Clutch Lever from the Perch.

Remove the Cable End and Bullet > (or any remains of a broken cable) < from the Clutch Lever.
Line-up the Cable with Slot on the Lever allowing for the removal of the Cable End from the Clutch Lever. Slide the Bullet UP and out of the "Bullet Hole" on the Lever.

Clean-out the channeling and the Pivot Port for the lead Bullet. Put a dab of Waterproof Grease in the "Bullet Hole" and set the Lever aside.

Clean the Knurl Cable End Adjuster and its Locking Ring.
Add NeverSeize to the Knurl's threads.
Place a dab of NeverSeize in the threaded hole for the Knurl on the Perch.
Place the Knurl, with its Locking Ring all the way on, into the Perch's threaded opening.

Spread the NeverSeize along the Perch's inside threads by running The Knurl > IN, to the end and back OUT; several times. Add additional NeverSeize, if needed, to insure the Knurl Adjuster moves freely, without binding. "Exercise" this vital Clutch adjustment mechanism until it is able to move with precision. The Smooth and precise adjustment of this feature is absolutely necessary to properly and precisely adjust the Clutch.

Make sure the Locking Ring is on tight, at the end.
Bottom the Knurl into the Perch, against the Lock Ring.
Turn Knurl OUT 3-1/2 Turns. (Exercise the Knurl IN and OUT, in this particular area, until it adjusts velvety smooth, with no binding or resistance.)

The Cable:
Out with old and in with the new. Follow your notes or taped-on arrows.
Thread the end which attaches to the Clutch Perch > up through the bike < Starting at the Case Mount and ending at the Clutch Lever Perch.

At the Clutch Perch:
Thread the Cable through the > lined-up slots < of the Perch, Knurl and Locking Collar.
Put the lead barrel "Bullet" into the Clutch Lever "Bullet Hole" and mount the Clutch Lever, the Clutch Lever Pivot Pin and tighten Hex nut.

Make a "Final adjustment check" on the Knurl and Locking Collar. Run the Knurl OUT 3-1/2 turns -- positioning the slot > Inboard < to prevent the Cable from escaping during the remainder of the replacement and adjusting.

Critical Proceedure:
Use the Knurl's "Thumb Wheel" Locking Collar and LOCK the KNURL tightly in place, 3-1/2 Turns OUT. Place the Cable Sheath's End-Fitting FIRMLY into it's seat at the open end on the Knurl.
SECURE the sheath against escaping from the Knurl's seat with a strip of Vinyl electrical tape until all Cable and Clutch adjusting is complete.

Down at the Case:
(Mod's for Performance and Precision Adjustment of Clutch include some additional hardware items.)
Place a Hex nut, a Stainless Steel washer and a Nylon washer on to the Threaded Clutch Cable Adjustment end. (Nut, Stainless washer, Nylon washer.)
Slide ... or slip-in from the top ... the Threaded Adjustment End into the Clutch Cable Holding and adjustment mounting bracket. Secure the bottom of the Threaded Adjuster with additional hardware items:
Place a Nylon washer on first.
Place a Stainless Steel washer on next.
Place the Hex nut on the Adjuster; third. (Substitute NyLoc Hex nut for stock nut.)
Rubber Dust Shield; last.

Critical Procedure:
While holding the Threaded Adjustment End tight into the mounting bracket; tighten the Lower Hex nut, with sufficient force, until BOTH Nylon washers "Crush" and mould themselves to, and around, the top and bottom edges of the holding bracket.

[Use standard, thin, stainless washers. Use Nylon washers that are "Soft", about as thick as a Nickel or slightly thicker. The Nylon washers are > supposed to < get Crushed and become non-slip fasteners ... holding the Threaded Barrel of the Clutch Cable, firmly, in the same place, while final installation and adjustments are carried out. Also, to allow fast and accurate adjustments of the upper and lower hex nuts should future cable adjustments be necessary.]

With the Threaded Adjuster tightened in place; place the Lead Bullet End of the Cable into the Cable Attachment Pivot at the end of the Throw-out arm. Push the arm UP, as before, using a proper tool, and capture the Bullet in the pivot attachment devise. Don't fold-over the tab until ALL the Clutch Adjusting is complete.

Release tension on the Throw-out Lever.
Inspect and insure that the Bullet end is firmly seated in its holding slot.
Now, check the Throw-out lever for Cable Slack and Throw-out Lever End Play.
Remove all Slack and End Play.

If the Cable is slack and the Throw-out lever has loose End Play ... LOOSEN the LOWER Hex nut on the Threaded Cable End Adjuster and TIGHTEN the UPPER Hex nut > Holding the Barrel from rotating by holding the Fixed Hex Flats atop the barrel, just above the locking Hex nut on the Threaded Adjuster ... until ALL the SLACK in the CABLE is REMOVED and Throw-out Lever End Play is reduced to Zero Lash.

ADJUSTING THE CLUTCH:
Continue adjusting the Threaded Adjustment End of the Clutch Cable until you remove ALL the Slack in the Cable and the Throw-out Lever is > "On the edge" of ZERO LASH. NO End Play." Use finger pressure on the exposed cable to "Feel" the adjusting process.
You need to adjust the Throw-out arm to ZERO Lash. Such that adjusting the Hex nuts on the Cable's Threaded Adjustment by only one or two flats will provide just a hint of LASH. Adjust the Cable at the Lower Cable Mounting Bracket for ZERO Lash at the Throw-out Lever.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

** [ You need the whole throw-out on these XJ Clutches. It is not unusual for the adjustment to be complicated by the improper replacement of the Clutch Throw-out Arm, after any work, which might have made removing it convenient or necessary. If you are not getting enough Clutch throw-out; it might be necessary to reposition the Throw-out LEVER a notch or two Counterclockwise on the splines of the Clutch Throw-out ROD.

Remove the Throw-out Lever from the splined end of the Throw-out ROD. Turn the ROD Clockwise until its motion stops upon contact at the clutch.
Maintain contact at the Clutch by holding the ROD fully Clockwise and reposition the Throw-out LEVER back on the spines to where it's new position removes cable slack.

Make the necessary adjustments to all the lower components and adjustment features until you get ZERO Lash at rest ... and complete movement of the ROD Clockwise when the Clutch Lever is pulled.] **

The Clutch is preliminarily adjusted. Although, it very well might be Precisely adjusted.

Test ride and observe for the ease of shifting, finding Neutral, and NOT bucking or jumping into gear.

Further fine-tuning of the Clutch Adjustment is done by adjusting the Knurl, on the Clutch Perch, IN or OUT as needed.

The ability to tweak the adjustment of your Clutch using the Knurl ... allows you maintain Perfect Adjustment at all times.
This feature also allows you to make immediate adjustments if heat becomes a factor in the Adjustment.

When the fine-tuning and adjusting is done ... LOCK the adjustment with the Knurl Locking Ring. Lock it up TIGHT. Most clutch problems are a result of the Knurl vibrating and loosing it's position.

Good job adjusting that Clutch.
Like a new bike ... ain't it???

Laava
16th September 2009, 20:40
So this afternoon I thought I would remove the carbs and clean them as I will do a carb sync when going again. It therefore made sense to clean or at least check! So I battled away with battery boxes and air filters to get the whole lot out as in the first photo.
Then I cracked open the carbs and OMFG I have never seen so much crap in carbs before! And it was in all of them equally. In the 2nd photo you can see a rusty sludge, this is what was left AFTER I drained the bowls! It had settled into a hard pill shaped bit in the bottom where the main jet sucks from, but all flushed out when I put some carby cleaner over it. Had to use a whole can tho! The mixture adjustments were all way out of adjustment too, 1 was 5 turns out and another was 4. They should be the usual 2-2 1/2. One was completely seized and I had to drill it out, so we will need to replace it but I will get one of the local shops to source for me.
Remember Anne, when you arrived and I started the bike and revved it and said it sounded alright? How ironic, when there was so much wrong with it! Still it will be good to have it running properly! Looks like the plugs are recent too, did you replace them? So it should be considerably improved when going again, perhaps not overwhelming but some sort of whelming should be in order!
Also, when I took out the battery, the terminals were only just nipped up and the battery acid level is at the bottom of the red sticker in the last pic. Should be at the top! I will top it up and charge it but to be honest, it may have a shortened life from now on, they don't like being like that much!
So that is todays report on the Blue Lovely, hopefully I can sort out what I need up here and we will press on as planned!

MadDuck
16th September 2009, 20:51
"Extreme Makeover" - biker style !

Mom
16th September 2009, 20:59
So this afternoon....

So that is todays report on the Blue Lovely, hopefully I can sort out what I need up here and we will press on as planned!

What can I say apart from thank you!

I am a bit over whelmed to be honest. What is with that orangey shit that is all through the blue lovely's innards? Perhaps I should call her the orange lovely from now on?

I am so looking forward to being properlywhelmed next time I ride my blue lovely. Far out!

The plugs were replaced very recently ago in an attempt to overcome the missing, there was actually hope that new plugs had sorted the problem. My attempts to improve the fuel supply helped too, but wow! I cant wait to see what the Laava magic has achieved.

Friggen battery! Want to share what a mission it is to get to?

I need a moment here, thanks.

Kickaha
16th September 2009, 21:10
Then I cracked open the carbs and OMFG I have never seen so much crap in carbs before! And it was in all of them equally. In the 2nd photo you can see a rusty sludge, this is what was left AFTER I drained the bowls! It had settled into a hard pill shaped bit in the bottom where the main jet sucks from, but all flushed out when I put some carby cleaner over it. Had to use a whole can tho! The mixture adjustments were all way out of adjustment too, 1 was 5 turns out and another was 4. They should be the usual 2-2 1/2. One was completely seized and I had to drill it out, so we will need to replace it but I will get one of the local shops to source for me.

http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=1961.html
Is a detailed carb clean walkthrough by the same guy who did the clutch one and a useful reference, there's a couple of areas on those carbs which the carb clean quite often doesn't shift and has to be dug out

I'm about to do the same shortly:wacko:

I can't remember from the other thread but did you take the tap out of the tank and check the screen on that as well?

Mom
16th September 2009, 21:22
I can't remember from the other thread but did you take the tap out of the tank and check the screen on that as well?

No, I did not do the screen in the tap, I had just refuelled when I came home, and was hunting around for somewhere big enough to dump the gas. Did not find one. The tank is well down at the moment. Dont you feel like a total shit asking if someone else would mind doing that for you?

I would be there in a flash but Warkworth is not wonderfully close to the abode of Laava, well not close enough to pop over of an evening anyway.

Laava
16th September 2009, 21:36
What is with that orangey shit that is all through the blue lovely's innards? Perhaps I should call her the orange lovely from now on?.

I think it is pumpkin! There was lots of it too! Have you cleaned the tank? If not, it might be worth cleaning it out and doing a "tank slosh" which is a good way of having it as good as new withy a chemical type coating inside.

Mom
16th September 2009, 21:38
"tank slosh"

I may or may not have been sloshed a bit in my time, but I can safely say the blue lovely has never been sloshed in her life!

Laava
16th September 2009, 21:42
Maybe she needs a good night out on the tiles then?

Kickaha
16th September 2009, 21:52
I think it is pumpkin! There was lots of it too! Have you cleaned the tank? If not, it might be worth cleaning it out and doing a "tank slosh" which is a good way of having it as good as new withy a chemical type coating inside.

The Merkins seem to favour muriatic acid for cleaning the inside of the tank th

MSTRS
17th September 2009, 09:14
So this afternoon I thought I would remove the carbs ...

Ha!! I knew that all was not right inside those go-juice-delivery-systems...see? (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129381217&postcount=29)
While it was here, I drained the bowls to see if there was any loose crud, but none was evident. Such a mission to remove (as you now know) that being the only way to be sure. Did put new plugs in, and replaced the chain, which was almost as flexible sideways.

Edbear
17th September 2009, 09:51
I may or may not have been sloshed a bit in my time, but I can safely say the blue lovely has never been sloshed in her life!

Mmmm... I thought getting tanked was the same as getting sloshed, but I see one can now slosh your tank..? :wacko:

Maha
17th September 2009, 16:33
Maybe she needs a good night out on the tiles then?

Mom or the bike??.....:banana:

yungatart
17th September 2009, 16:38
Mom or the bike??.....:banana:

I'm pi...pi...pis...I'm pi...pis ...piss...I'm pissed.....:lol:

Mom
17th September 2009, 17:20
I'm pi...pi...pis...I'm pi...pis ...piss...I'm pissed.....:lol:

I think it might have been piss, piss, piss, piss, piss, actually Tarty one. I do remember saying it and thinking, shit time to call it a night if I cant even say I am pissed :lol:

Good times :yes:

Laava
17th September 2009, 17:25
Mmmm... I thought getting tanked was the same as getting sloshed, but I see one can now slosh your tank..? :wacko:

*sigh* You have so much to learn........:lol:

Laava
17th September 2009, 17:33
So okay, you got lucky today, and I'm not talking about getting sloshed either! The good folks at Planet Honda had a 6x0.5mm tap to clean out the manky drilled mess I made to get the pilot mixture jet out. This after I had to order one which would not have been available till next week. I rushed around and cancelled it tho so all good. Also Greg at P.H. had a replacement jet for me and the whole cost was in fact BEER. A dozen of them, glassy green Heinekens. So at this stage it is costing 2x cans of carb cleaner at $18ea and BEER! I don't foresee any other costs arising and can envisage her being all fixed by about Wed assuming that we get sprung by then! Yay! We will go for a test ride to Pataua North if opp arises? Off for TNR now. Laters

yungatart
17th September 2009, 17:34
I think it might have been piss, piss, piss, piss, piss, actually Tarty one. I do remember saying it and thinking, shit time to call it a night if I cant even say I am pissed :lol:

Good times :yes:

You couldn't say it then, how do you expect to remember it now???
Oh what a night! :2thumbsup

Have been following this thread with interest...ah, she is an old lady, your blue lovely, in need of some TLC. I'm sure Laava's ministrations will work wonders for her. After all, us old girls love a nice young man to pay attentioon to us, don't we? :whistle:

Mom
17th September 2009, 17:35
After all, us old girls love a nice young man to pay attentioon to us, don't we? :whistle:

Who you calling old sista? :pinch:

Nothing wrong with toy boys for sure, for sure :love:

MSTRS
17th September 2009, 17:47
Cougar alert!!

Mom
17th September 2009, 18:08
Planet Honda had a 6x0.5mm tap....

A dozen of them, glassy green Heinekens.

We will go for a test ride to Pataua North if opp arises?

Please tell me you have not gheyed my Yay-Maha up with Honda bits :shit:

Hmmmmm, I may be able to find a few of those if I try hard enough.

Give her berries mate, she loves a good thrashing :love:

Have not heard about the springs yet, though I have a missed call from a local number on my cell phone. I hate to think about your bill oh lovely Laava. I am not sure Maha will approve of oral sex for payment, may have to be some golden liquid of the firery kind methinks :blip:

Cougar alert!!

What you talkin' about Willis? :innocent:

Edbear
17th September 2009, 18:11
*sigh* You have so much to learn........:lol:

I had a deprived childhood... :(

Laava
17th September 2009, 20:34
Give her berries mate, she loves a good thrashing :love:
. I hate to think about your bill :innocent:

No I meant you guys when you come pick 'er up.
You know there will be no bill, I told you I enjoy it. I am talking about the tinkering by the way!

Mom
17th September 2009, 21:09
No I meant you guys when you come pick 'er up.
You know there will be no bill, I told you I enjoy it. I am talking about the tinkering by the way!

OH!!!!! I think a little trip to the real norf could be arranged.... :blip:
Bill be buggered, I am sure I can convince you to take a little something for your efforts :yes:

Laava
17th September 2009, 21:33
take a little something for your efforts :yes:
Will it be medicinal?:glug glug smilie:

Mom
17th September 2009, 21:35
Will it be medicinal?:glug glug smilie:

Of course :yes:

Even things that are bad for you are actually good for you sometimes :devil2:

Laava
17th September 2009, 21:41
Of course :yes:

Even things that are bad for you are actually good for you sometimes :devil2:

Oh- thank fuck for that!

Mom
19th September 2009, 11:45
Well, oops, the wrong springs have turned up. Back to square one, correct springs are now on order, and hopefully the oil filter will arrive at the same time, it appears that order has simply not showed :D

Laava
20th September 2009, 17:47
Bugger! Surprising how often that happens tho! Will it happen this week do you think?

Mom
20th September 2009, 17:54
Bugger! Surprising how often that happens tho! Will it happen this week do you think?

The correct springs are actually ex-Auckland he assures me they will be here Monday, so fingers crossed :sunny:

Laava
20th September 2009, 22:10
Cool, carbs are ready to go back in after I leak test them and then we are almost there! Keep your eyes peeled for parts from now on Anne as parts like carb mounts[rubber] are very hard to get used and probably impossible new. Rain for next couple of days so might not be able to work. You know what that means!

Kickaha
20th September 2009, 22:57
as parts like carb mounts[rubber] are very hard to get used and probably impossible new.

Easy peasy to get carb rubbers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YX600-RADIAN-CARB-HOLDERS_W0QQitemZ200378094890QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMo torcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea777152a&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YX600-RADIAN-CARB-HOLDERS-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-BOOTS_W0QQitemZ350253978615QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMoto rcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518cc393f7&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Mechanical parts aren't normally to bad, it's body work,decals etc that are a problem to get a hold of

Mom
22nd September 2009, 19:28
Not just sprung mind you, I have been filtered as well :yes:

The last bits needed for the extreme make over of the blue lovey have arrived. They will be winging their way norf (well not winging as much as slowly being driven) in the morning. I am not sure who is more excited here. Laava is bursting he tells me, I will leave him to tell you what I said in response :o

Laava
22nd September 2009, 21:10
Yay!!!!!!
Can't wait to cane the arse off her when she's humming!:lol:

Mom
23rd September 2009, 20:05
And a little boy waits....:wait:

Poor Laava! He is still waiting at the top of his drive for the courier to arrive. The weather up our way is crap, with a capital K!

Hope he put his coat on before he went out :love:

Laava
23rd September 2009, 20:11
Aaaaand boots and brolly to match!

Pussy
23rd September 2009, 20:19
Aaaaand boots and brolly to match!

You've just gone out to play in the puddles, haven't you??

Laava
23rd September 2009, 20:22
No-I never!

Mom
24th September 2009, 20:02
I know that quoting private messages is naughty but....

Here is my response to one I received from the lovey Laava just now.

"Ohhhhh, ohhhh, ohh, now reduced to whimpers!

Fucken hell, you are the loveliest thing out side of the blue lovely...LOL"

The weather in the Norf is shed loads better than some places today, but still not conducive to getting out and testing the on the stand result, which sounds better than better to me.

Saturday can not come soon enough for me.

Laava
24th September 2009, 21:17
Bahahaha! Oh- well, hope you are pleased with the outcome. At the end of the day, the minimum we have achieved is clean out the shit in the carbs and free up the clutch[big one!] Hopefully it will run better in all aspects, oh- and I shimmed up the sidestand, not that it made a lot of difference, but I was bored!

vifferman
24th September 2009, 21:24
Bored? :confused:
Bored?!?

There's plenty of bike fixing you can do around the place, always lotsa bikes to fix - no needs for boredoms.

Mom
24th September 2009, 21:47
oh- and I shimmed up the sidestand, not that it made a lot of difference, but I was bored!

Any camber decrease I need to factor into my stopage angle is a HUGE improvement, most lovely Laava!

So, no creeping, can select neutral easy peasy, no oil blowing out the clutch cover gasket, and the carbs cleaned out. If that has not made the biggest difference I am a pickled jellied eel!

I can not wait!

Laava
25th September 2009, 07:25
Weather forecast is not great at this stage, best you bring a root!

Maha
25th September 2009, 07:28

Yes I was intending to bring Mom anyway...:shifty:

Mom
25th September 2009, 15:52

I looked at the rain radar and a ROOT is most certainly the order of the day :yes:

Laava
25th September 2009, 18:10
Right, so I took the Blue Lovely for a test ride between showers when the road was dry! Took her around Morningside, she wasn't intimidated at all and ran smooth as, with a nice turn of speed on the night drags track! Will reluctantly return to owner tomorrow and hope she behaves herself from now on!

Mom
25th September 2009, 21:41
Right, so I took the Blue Lovely for a test ride between showers when the road was dry! Took her around Morningside, she wasn't intimidated at all and ran smooth as, with a nice turn of speed on the night drags track! Will reluctantly return to owner tomorrow and hope she behaves herself from now on!

I cant wait, I tell you, I am like a kid before Christmas here. Poxy weather can get stuffed! The root is all layed out and ready :yes:

I tell you what, if I can select neutral when the engine is runing and can stay stopped when in gear with the clutch in without having to apply the brakes I will be delighted!

Mom
26th September 2009, 07:37
Well, what can I say really, somewhere under that grey blanket of rain is the Dome Valley, should be a good test of the trusty root for sure :killingme

Laava
26th September 2009, 16:56
Guess I'll have to change my bike details now!

Maha
26th September 2009, 17:50
The sky is beautiful and blue now.....:confused:

What a shit trip up this morning, rained all the way and the bloody road works...:spanking: and chuck in a three car smash just south of Kaiwaka.

Both bikes are about to get the hell spray and blast, stinkin cement splash shit.

Came back via Waipu/Mangawhai, stopped off at the Pizza Barn for drink with Al who joined us for a part of the trip home. Annes just at the Supermarket so I will let her do the bike report when she gets back.

Cheers Al you are legend mate.

MadDuck
26th September 2009, 18:52
Both bikes are about to get the hell spray and blast, stinkin cement splash shit.

Mine needs a clean so feel free to swing by anytime soon :laugh:

Maha
26th September 2009, 18:54
Mine needs a clean so feel free to swing by anytime soon :laugh:

That shit gets in all the nooks and other places's.....:(

Your what needs a clean?...:shifty:

Mom
26th September 2009, 19:46
Well as Maha said the weather was not exactly pleasant this morning when we left, in fact it was down right shitty! :yes:

Infact I am sure I can hear Maha thinking, we have got to be crazy to be going out in this.

The roadworks have to been experienced to be believed, the last lot north of the Brynderwyns had a 1" liquid layer of what can best be described as "shit soup" on top.

Luckily for me Laava's root was up to the day, just the smallest hint of dampness experienced. That rain however was of the variety that somehow manages to get your face through a fully sealed visor :yes:

Mom
26th September 2009, 19:54
Arrived at Dr Laava's clinic, where I tore off all my clothes...

Well not all of them actually, helmet, gloves, root, scarf, jacket and leapt astride the lovely. OMG :gob: I can select neutral! I can! Seriously, select first, then a gentle tap up and bingo! Neutral!

She idles like a little hunny, and you know what else? There is no oil to be seen. I can see this lovely blue ooze around her clutch cover, that is all.

I can not wait to test this, but you know, that poxy rain was coming down in bucket loads, so a coffee was order of the day.

MadDuck
26th September 2009, 19:54
Luckily for me Laava's root was up to the day, just the smallest hint of dampness experienced. That rain however was of the variety that somehow manages to get your face through a fully sealed visor :yes:

Meh! Didnt we do snow last year?

Says she who is wrapped up with a beanie and a blanket

Mom
26th September 2009, 20:06
Meh! Didnt we do snow last year?

Says she who is wrapped up with a beanie and a blanket

Yes indeed we did, you want to try heating that beanie in the microwave Ducky, will warm up the fuzz really well :love:

Well, the weather was clearing so we waited a bit and eventually decided it was good to go. So good infact that I packed the root in its own fanny pack carrier and wore it around my waist. I tell you, I am all about style here :third:

Dr Laava decided to come with us for some fresh air, so we hit the road. Now, newly adjusted and fiddled with crutches take a bit of getting used to. They feel completely different.

This one feels divine :love: You may have heard the expression "like a hot knife through butter". Well, changing gear on the blue lovely feels a bit like that. The tiniest bit of pressure and bingo, instant gear change. The lever is easier and those gears just slide into place with almost no effort!

Best of all though, and until you have experienced the pain of not being able to find neutral unless you turn the motor off (not that practical every time you stop for a set of traffic lights) you will not grasp how cool this change is, I can choose to select neutral when I stop!

Probably most of you will not know the joys of riding an older bike, they have their own set of "must do's" and "will behave like's", but to improve something as much as this is wonderful!

Mom
26th September 2009, 20:13
No more creeping either, simply pull the clutch in and she sits there. I dont have to apply brakes to stay stopped.

She is a bit of a naughty blue lovely though, high idling for all she is worth, when we stopped for refreshments on the way home. Dr Laava said wait till she has cooled off a bit and I will adjust that, so we stood around for a bit, then fired her back up again, and the idle was fine :D You know what, he grinned at me and handed back the keys :laugh:

Got to love these oldies!

So, I have the blue lovely home, so much improved I can not explain! Thank you so much Al!

She will continue to be the cutie that she is, but that is ok too :yes:
Hey and best of all, she is not 1991 as per her papers, she appears to be a couple of years older than that according to the manual! Roll on the next few years, cheaper rego here we come :yes:

MSTRS
27th September 2009, 09:45
There is no oil to be seen. I can see this lovely blue ooze around her clutch cover, that is all.

Bling to Laava for knowing about Hylomar...

Now, newly adjusted and fiddled with crutches take a bit of getting used to. They feel completely different.

Can you elaborate on what tools are required?
:msn-wink:

Laava
27th September 2009, 14:11
Bling to Laava for knowing about Hylomar...

And it is made by Rolls Royce!
in case you needed to know that!

Mom
27th September 2009, 18:24
And it is made by Rolls Royce!
in case you needed to know that!

Oh, oh, oh! I forgot something really important that you did that is super wonderful! My sidestand! My blue lovely is as light as a feather to stand up off the side stand from :yes: She has wings I am sure <_<

Something so little and insignificant has made the world of difference. Did I tell you about the time I stopped to put air in her tyres at the servo and had to get Maha to ride her off from where I stopped? I simply could not pull her back to upright at all. Probably did not help that I had a full bottle of wine and 4 RTD's in the tank bag at the time to be fair, but all the same :o

You are a wonderful man! Hope you survived the 21st!

Laava
27th September 2009, 18:38
Cool! Was good to see the smile on your face Anne! Yes I survived the 21st, was a 2 o'clocker for me totally rat arsed and have only just recovered. Went for a ride over to Dargs with the Ulysses but fucked up the daylight saving and was late! Nearly chucked in my helmet too!

Mom
27th September 2009, 18:49
but fucked up the daylight saving and was late!

Sounds a bit like my son today. Talked to him last night to arrange to pick him up from Glenfield, about 9:45 this morning. It is my Mommy's 80th today and I had a family party planned in Thames. Arrive and duely send youngest up the driveway to knock on the door to let him know we have arrived. Seemed to be taking ages so I got out of the car, to hear her knocking on the door. Have you text him? Yes. Then one of his flatmates comes to the door to say he had not see him in a couple of days!

Have got to love these kids :yes: After a couple of straight to answer phone calls to him he finally answered. He had been trying to ring me to make alternative arrangements re being picked up but there was no reply at ours. He was a bit pissed off we had left early. When he answered and I said the magic words "daylight savings" he swore a naughty word. He was in West Auckland. We eventually picked him up at the Caltex in Fanshaw St :lol:

Seriously Al, thank you! The blue lovely is night and day improved. She will continue to be naughty I am certain of that :yes: But having someone like you to help is really, really lovely.

Laava
27th September 2009, 19:00
Kind of kicking myself now that I didn't flush the tank and clean out the gas tap. I had the tank off FFS! Hey maybe next time, arrange a ride and I will take you on that pataua road and do it then. Is a 30min job. Oh-well!

Mom
27th September 2009, 19:37
Kind of kicking myself now that I didn't flush the tank and clean out the gas tap. I had the tank off FFS! Hey maybe next time, arrange a ride and I will take you on that pataua road and do it then. Is a 30min job. Oh-well!

Yep, yep, yep...:lol:

I had to go to reserve almost as soon as we left Waipu yesterday, I did try prime but it seemed to make no difference. Mind you neither did reserve. She has so much more pick up now though, instant on :yes:

I will get that tank down a bit (of course the blonde refuelled fully at Mangawhai) mind you nearly 11 litres which is almost a tankful for the blue lovely, and have a crack at the fuel tap myself :dodge:

We are close, I feel it in my waters :yes:

Mom
27th September 2009, 19:44

A lady such as myself could never comment on something like that. They were however hard, and had some intersesting curves in places too :yes: