PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Was hard to change tyre.

crystalball
15th September 2009, 17:44
got new bike and went to ride down driveway and darn back tyre was flat. is a zhongya. geez about a hr later after using two screw drivers and a metal bar :argh: i managed to get it off the rim. then hoping like crazy that i fixed it (tubless) i put it back on hour later:argh: now it #@#@:mad: wont pump up.:calm: so now thinking:oi-grr: wtf am i going to do.the rims look undamaged from my removal attempt.

CookMySock
15th September 2009, 18:13
Yeah the zongie can be a bitch, mate. Just put a tube in it.

Steve

Z1_ZPF_BOY
15th September 2009, 18:37
Get some quality tyres.......... Sava!

crystalball
15th September 2009, 18:47
one day mayby ;) i'll get a tube dat fix it. also these alloy pull starters yeah they all cool :whistle: but found the pull string to be very weak, is trademe the only place to seek a good pull string.

Z1_ZPF_BOY
15th September 2009, 18:49
You could try greg from Xtreme Minimoto. his link is in my signature.

Connor

mohawk
15th September 2009, 19:46
Ive done about 20 tyres in the last 6 months. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Use a bench vice to break beads, use heaps of dishwash liquid, get or make some tyre leavers, dont be afraid to use screw drivers,always remove the screwy iny thingy out of the valve til your ready to pump it up, every chinese tyre is different, ...there is so much to learn:lol:

BigAl
15th September 2009, 19:57
Yeah removing & fitting the tyres can be a bitch.

I find leaving them in the sun to soften for a period of time really helps.

mohawk
15th September 2009, 20:31
Or put it in the oven for a while :2thumbsup.

Ray LeCheminant
15th September 2009, 21:00
Even better, I take them down to BRIDGESTONE and they charge me $10.00 to fit them
:banana:

BigAl
15th September 2009, 21:15
Or put it in the oven for a while :2thumbsup.

Geez the missus would kill me:pinch:

mohawk
15th September 2009, 21:36
Mine races :banana:

imdying
16th September 2009, 15:37
Practice makes perfect, and little tyre irons are cheap from Cycletreads. I make it look like a crazy job, but a friend who has changed a dozen odd makes it look easy (bastard) :D

Ray LeCheminant
16th September 2009, 18:24
Bridgestone makes it look even easier ....stand around, drink a coke or fanta, light up a smoke....watching is so stressful!!!!
:buggerd:

mohawk
16th September 2009, 19:36
Some of us like a challenge tho.:laugh:

Ray LeCheminant
17th September 2009, 12:41
Mohawk - A challenge is one thing - here's my reasoning :sweatdrop

You mention you have gone though 20 tires "Ive done about 20 tyres in the last 6 months"

At best, yuo pay $25.00 per tire, plus a decent set of $20.00 tire irons. You have spent $520.00

I spent $300 12 months ago for a set of SAVA tires, and they still have plenty left on them, paid $10.00 to have them fitted, plus $2.95 for the coke and $.65 fo rthe cigerette...total investment $313.60 - no agro - more time to race

Serioulsy dude - spend some good money, buy a set of SAVA's , fit them once and relax!!

P.S - Also, the SAVA tires will stick like shit to a blanket....

:rockon:

mohawk
17th September 2009, 20:05
Its true what you say, but the tyres have gone on 2 standard, 1 modified, and 2 watercooled bikes ( plus my mates 3 bikes). At $250 a bike for pmts thats $1300 with fitting.
Between us, me and my mate keep bikes runnig for 4 of us at all the meetings aswell as 5 or 6 other people that we have taken racing with us.
We get about 5 meetings minimum out a set of good china slicks depending on the rider and the track, the girls as many as 6 or 7 we hope.
One day ill have nice tyres, but for now we're having a lota fun and getting good at doing tyres.:lol:

orange
17th September 2009, 21:21
mohawk do u race nzmmrc?

mohawk
17th September 2009, 21:50
Yea, did Tokaroa, and we're going to do Tam if the weather is good.
Edgecumbe is real good, their a hard case bunch and Mt Wellington is always good for a giggle.
Was alot more funn afew years back tho.
Its a shame we cant get a few more bikes in one place .

xtreme
18th September 2009, 07:19
Hi Mohawk

Got to entirely agree with your post above with having more bikes !!

Keep posted as im going to have a special comming up very soon on Sava tyres that are going to suit most bikes.

Weather will be sweet for Tam !

Cheers Greg

mohawk
18th September 2009, 17:42
Hi Mohawk

Got to entirely agree with your post above with having more bikes !!

Keep posted as im going to have a special comming up very soon on Sava tyres that are going to suit most bikes.

Weather will be sweet for Tam !

Cheers Greg

Cool, keep in touch, I wana put decent rubber on the b1s but im in no hurry to race them till my mates get sum and ive got a decent set of leathers.

Ray LeCheminant
18th September 2009, 21:41
Cool, keep in touch, I wana put decent rubber on the b1s but im in no hurry to race them till my mates get sum and ive got a decent set of leathers.

How tall , big are you...I have some leathers going cheap.....suite someone about 5ft 10 and about 85 - 90kg

mohawk
18th September 2009, 22:24
Im 5.7 and 70kg. They'd be too big ?

Z1_ZPF_BOY
18th September 2009, 22:30
Hi Mohawk, i was bowt 70kg in January when they fit me and i was about 5.8''. they should fit ok. if we come out to mt welly tomorrow ill bring them out so you can have a look. They're not fancy but they'll do the job.:2thumbsup

Size says 43/56 and the Manufacture is Feildsheer

The link below is of me in the leathers avalible.

http://minimoto.co.nz/Pictures/taumaranui/images/2009_03030004_JPG.jpg