PDA

View Full Version : ‘Polite’ biker sees traffic drive more cautiously

Bob
18th September 2009, 00:07
Don’t try this at home: A biker in San Antonio, Texas, reports traffic driving more cautiously after he added stickers saying ‘Polite’ to his motorcycle.

Gary Grimes added the stickers, after noticing his bike was similar to those used by San Antonio police. He said the sticker also has the word ‘Be’ and would be seen by a driver ahead of him in the rear view mirror.

Now this has been on local TV, Grimes – who claims he “Just tries to be nice to everyone” – should expect a visit from the San Antonio police department for impersonating a police officer…

Hard Nut
18th September 2009, 00:32
That would get cage drivers every time lol

We have that exact thing here to, hard to tell the diff.

Looks like coppers!! what can I say.(Police)(Polite)

Nuts

ZephyrMark2
18th September 2009, 06:55
Don’t try this at home: A biker in San Antonio, Texas, reports traffic driving more cautiously after he added stickers saying ‘Polite’ to his motorcycle.

Gary Grimes added the stickers, after noticing his bike was similar to those used by San Antonio police. He said the sticker also has the word ‘Be’ and would be seen by a driver ahead of him in the rear view mirror.

Now this has been on local TV, Grimes – who claims he “Just tries to be nice to everyone” – should expect a visit from the San Antonio police department for impersonating a police officer…

Hehe... This is great.. Wonder if I could get away with it on the Hyosung? naaaah, probably not!

Latte
18th September 2009, 07:05
Years ago there was a car painted exactly like a police car, instead he had the word "Pickles" - he was advertising his business, the Police took him to court and I'm 99% certain he won.

NighthawkNZ
18th September 2009, 07:48
years ago when there was a traffic department I use to have the word terrific...

Also help that at the time i was a motorcycle courier and had a XJ650 Special with panniers and fairing oh and a 9 foot whip ariel for the RT oh and the fm radio ariel... oh and the ariel on the top box for the cell phone... but other than that I reckon it was the sticker...

We ended up getting rid of the RT's and used pagers near the end wasn't the same...

Swoop
18th September 2009, 09:00
A yank has only just discovered that?

The Brit's have been doing that for years.

jim.cox
18th September 2009, 09:45
A yank has only just discovered that?

The Brit's have been doing that for years.

Yup, mate of mine in Pomgolia had a white BMW R80 like that. Blue letters reversed across the fairing so you could read it in the mirror.

I was under the impression it was a belgian cop bike, rather than being dollied up especially

gwigs
18th September 2009, 12:16
There,s a Transit van on the North Shore that is painted up with the blue and white chequers and the word Paddy on the side....as in Paddy Wagon....
Looks just like the real thing..

Zerker
18th September 2009, 12:34
I came across these GN250 mods when I was looking for GN's with screens, to see if they looked any better. I wonder if Kiwi's are Americanized enough to be fooled by a GN customized to look like a state trooper bike :P

Zerker