PDA

View Full Version : Bike ‘made from beer crate’ banned

Bob
29th September 2009, 00:25
A bike made by converting a beer crate into a mini quad bike has been banned by police in Maulberg, Germany.

The owner and creator, the appropriately named Matthis Krankl, tried to outrun police on the bizarre vehicle, only to get stuck in mud. Police said "We were very impressed with the workmanship so we congratulated him and then we confiscated the machine. It only has a tiny one cylinder engine but somehow he managed to break the speed limit. It wasn't legal so we had to confiscate it but it looked like a lot of fun."

robo555
29th September 2009, 08:50
Link, pics?

R6_kid
29th September 2009, 09:11
Police with a sense of humour?

I think I'd better book my ticket to Germany!

Rcktfsh
29th September 2009, 09:43
Germans with a sense of humour? Must be a hoax.

CookMySock
29th September 2009, 11:40
Reminds me of the shopping trolley moped some bloke in chch made. Apparently it was perfectly legal and the fuzz couldn't touch him.

I'd quite like to convert all manner of crap to mopeds. I think it would fucken nutty.

Steve

Bob
30th September 2009, 00:09
Link, pics?

Link to a photo as follows:

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1535904.jpg

Zuki lover
1st October 2009, 19:25
Looks like a fuckin lawnmower man.... what'll they think of next? A bike made out of bras??????? :killingme

JohnC
11th November 2009, 18:49
What a waste to build it with 4 wheels,he would'a got away on two.

pc79
12th November 2009, 22:46
Reminds me of the shopping trolley moped some bloke in chch made. Apparently it was perfectly legal and the fuzz couldn't touch him.

I'd quite like to convert all manner of crap to mopeds. I think it would fucken nutty.

Steve

Dude, you are sweet then.....see (vii) below...

From:Land Transport Act 1998 No 110 (as at 01 November 2009), Public Act

Interpretations:

vehicle—

(a) means a contrivance equipped with wheels, tracks, or revolving runners on which it moves or is moved; and

(b) includes a hovercraft, a skateboard, in-line skates, and roller skates; but

(c) does not include—

(i) a perambulator or pushchair:

(ii) a shopping or sporting trundler not propelled by mechanical power:

(iii) a wheelbarrow or hand-trolley:

(iv) [Repealed]

(v) a pedestrian-controlled lawnmower:

(vi) a pedestrian-controlled agricultural machine not propelled by mechanical power:

(vii) an article of furniture:
(viii) a wheelchair not propelled by mechanical power:

(ix) any other contrivance specified by the rules not to be a vehicle for the purposes of this definition:

(x) any rail vehicle:

Vehicle: paragraph (c)(iv) of this definition was repealed, as from 22 June 2005, by section 4(11) Land Transport Amendment Act 2005 (2005 No 77). See sections 96 to 100 of that Act as to the transitional and savings provisions.

Vehicle: paragraph (viii) of this definition was amended, as from 22 June 2005, by section 4(12) Land Transport Amendment Act 2005 (2005 No 77) by substituting “a” for “An invalid”. See sections 96 to 100 of that Act as to the transitional and savings provisions.

Vehicle: paragraph (c)(x) of this definition was inserted, as from 20 July 2005, by section 103(3) Railways Act 2005 (2005 No 37). See sections 105 to 111 of that Act as to the transitional provisions.

Don't censor art!

EJK
12th November 2009, 22:48
That bike's fairing will be preety cheap. Don't you agree?

Thaeos
13th November 2009, 00:12
That bike's fairing will be preety cheap. Don't you agree?

You have a scary avatar.

The Pastor
13th November 2009, 08:04

Steve
don't you drive one for a job?

rdkls
16th November 2009, 21:28
"It looks like a lot of fun" yeah right I have no doubt the rest of their shifts were spent doing timed laps of the impound yard =)