PDA

View Full Version : Yammie Vmax flywheel removal?

micklemax
29th September 2009, 13:49
Hi Guys and Girls.
Would anyone in the wellington area happen to know where I can find a yamaha flywheel puller for a Vmax as no yamaha bike shop has one. and i'm in a real pickle as i'm trying to get her up and running asap.
Cheers For any support.

Katman
29th September 2009, 14:20
They have 3 threaded bolt holes in the flywheel that allow any universal 3 point puller to be used.

Laava
29th September 2009, 16:40
Special tool,.....hammerha

vdog
29th September 2009, 21:50
use a common pulley removal tool (3 hole) $29.95 from Supercheap, and put a piece of brass on the shaft between the big bolt! I've got a motor apart at the mo' so if you're stuck I can email you pictures if need be! Hope you are doing the Double D clutch conversion while you're there!

R6_kid
29th September 2009, 21:55
according to Chaos Rider bikes don't have flywheels, so why would you need to remove something that isn't there :girlfight:

micklemax
30th September 2009, 11:18
HI The holes that are used for the puller have been punched so the top threads are bent inwards. this says to me that yamaha don't want you to pull that off.
What is the Double D clutch conversion? is that on the outlaw site??

Katman
30th September 2009, 11:37
this says to me that yamaha don't want you to pull that off.

Yamaha's manual says otherwise. Can you get a tap started in the holes?

vdog
30th September 2009, 22:24
HI The holes that are used for the puller have been punched so the top threads are bent inwards. this says to me that yamaha don't want you to pull that off.
What is the Double D clutch conversion? is that on the outlaw site??

the threads are punched to in effect be a nylock, this modification was done by some bike workshops, rather than use 2cents worth of locktite!

Double D conversion is double diaphram spring which will allow you to motorcross start from the lights, and tow small semi trucks! Seriously it is a common modification that is undertaken even if you only ride gently. Due to the torque even a stock vmax makes the clutch is on the weak side and takes quite a hammering, trust me it makes a difference.

1/4 mile stock clutch 13.2 @173k
1/4 mile double d 11.8 @ 185k

got it down to 11.2 @ 191 in the end