PDA

View Full Version : Turning into Princes St from Upper Wellesley

R6_kid
29th September 2009, 19:00
Take it easy on that corner guys. Had some numpty in an Altezza miss me by about 1.5m at 40kmh because he decided that the giveway sign didn't apply to him. Luckily I had a clear line and was able to open the gas and get out of the way so as to stop my new TRX from becoming a 150pc puzzle.

If you are confused about where I am meaning - It's where you turn right into Princes St after coming over the hill (under Symonds St) from the Motorways/Grafton.

He looked at me like I was in the wrong too.

Lucky for him I was running a little late otherwise he might have been introduced to the 2.5kg chain that is hiding under my seat :angry2:

Ragingrob
29th September 2009, 19:16
Yep definitely keep an eye on that straight-through traffic ay, haven't had any close calls yet but just waiting for it to happen!

ital916
29th September 2009, 19:42
Take it easy on that corner guys. Had some numpty in an Altezza miss me by about 1.5m at 40kmh because he decided that the giveway sign didn't apply to him. Luckily I had a clear line and was able to open the gas and get out of the way so as to stop my new TRX from becoming a 150pc puzzle.

If you are confused about where I am meaning - It's where you turn right into Princes St after coming over the hill (under Symonds St) from the Motorways/Grafton.

He looked at me like I was in the wrong too.

Lucky for him I was running a little late otherwise he might have been introduced to the 2.5kg chain that is hiding under my seat :angry2:

Its a stop sign so he was definately in the wrong.

R6_kid
29th September 2009, 19:44
Did you need to quote me to say that? :pinch:

ital916
29th September 2009, 19:48
Did you need to quote me to say that? :pinch:

Meh, Im just used to hitting quote....double meh.

FJRider
29th September 2009, 19:55
Its a stop sign so he was definately in the wrong.

We're bikers ... so its us thats in the wrong 'cause we're bad ...

The law is just a technicality ...

Danae
29th September 2009, 20:35
I don't trust that intersection eh...I'm always wary coming through there. It just seems a little strange that the turning traffic gets the right of way. Looks like other vehicles find it strange also...still, if you had been hit there they would have been in the wrong

Squiggles
29th September 2009, 20:53
I had a 4wd hit me turning into there, was following me and forgot i existed, collected my shoulder with their mirror as i moved left... had a fun wee discussion afterwards (i stayed upright and had em pull over before the lights on princes) :hug:

That giveway is seriously dodge

Real_Wolf
29th September 2009, 21:05
The giveway is seriously dodge, but I NEVER trust them.

Always expect that if theres a vehicle there its going to pull out, slow down as if you have to give way, thats my advice

zahria
29th September 2009, 21:16
Lucky for him I was running a little late otherwise he might have been introduced to the 2.5kg chain that is hiding under my seat :angry2:[/QUOTE]

My spare chain dosent have a name...

R6_kid
29th September 2009, 21:28
Mine does, if you piss me off I might tell you what it is ;)

DMCD
1st October 2009, 14:48
I know exactly where you are talking about, I had a close one there myself the other day.

jono035
2nd October 2009, 06:25
That whole intersection is a shocker...

I've seen cops sitting there ticketing people for failing to stop though, twice in the past 5 or 6 times I've been walking around there during the day, I think Danae mentioned it too.

HungusMaximist
2nd October 2009, 07:09
Yup! It's actually a stop sign if you are coming from the city end and turning left into Princess St.

We had a bit of a discussion here about that shocking intersection. Apparently the Uni requested a cop to be stationed there during the busy lunch time period. There's been a few misses on pedestrians and also motorists keeps gunning past the stop sign without looking/stopping.

R6_kid
2nd October 2009, 09:34
It was the giveway sign that I had the trouble with - the straight through traffic, not the left turning traffic. The dude had to have seen me as I was practically coming head on - and then he didn't bother to giveway :eek5:

Maybe it's the extra exhaust packing I put in on the weekend. I'll have to take some out and liberate some decibels! :2thumbsup

jono035
2nd October 2009, 11:22
It was the giveway sign that I had the trouble with - the straight through traffic, not the left turning traffic. The dude had to have seen me as I was practically coming head on - and then he didn't bother to giveway :eek5:

Yeah, dunno if the cop was ticketing failures to give way on the other road, I only saw him talking to someone who had rolled through the stop.

Danae
2nd October 2009, 12:18
Lol.

My flatmate (the one we gave the white and pink Honda Dio for his 21st) was coming through there turning right into Princes St and apparently a car decided to share his lane while they were both turning. The car even managed to nudge him. How on earth he didn't manage to spot a white and pink scooter is beyond me.

motorbyclist
2nd October 2009, 20:17
yep - apparently it was like some bizzare inside passing manuvuer

Squiggles
3rd October 2009, 09:09
yep - apparently it was like some bizzare inside passing manuvuer

Yeh i know the one :mellow: