PDA

View Full Version : Newest Green MP is a biker & a KBer

klingon
1st October 2009, 11:29
For those who missed the news in the latest Sue Bradford Abuse Thread, it turns out that Dave Clendon, successor to Ms Bradford, is both a biker and a KiwiBiker member.

He has been riding motorbikes for about 35 years (non-stop! :eek5:) and currently owns a sports bike and a scooter.

I won't invade his privacy any further by listing his user-name here, but I just wanted to congratulate Mr Clendon on his impending appointment to the House of Representatives, and congratulate us as KBers on having a member of the team in the Big House.

I wonder if there are any other KB MPs? I know other MPs who definitely ride - but how many of them hang around on here?

P.S. Who is going to join me in lobbying for Car-Free Sundays on all the country's best motorbike roads? :2thumbsup

Swoop
1st October 2009, 11:32
... riding motorbikes for about 35 years (non-stop! :eek5:)
So I need to keep an eye out for a bike with an incredibly large fueltank, or towing a fuel tanker?:whistle:

klingon
1st October 2009, 11:44
So I need to keep an eye out for a bike with an incredibly large fueltank, or towing a fuel tanker?:whistle:

Yes, and an MP with a very funny walk.

Swoop
1st October 2009, 11:56
Yes, and an MP with a very funny walk.

Amazing bladder control... Very handy for those "all nighter" debates!

James Deuce
1st October 2009, 12:09
That's that. I'll have to logout of KB and not come back.

The world's gone arsey-boo.

Ender EnZed
1st October 2009, 12:58
Doesn't surprise me too much. Motorbikes aren't generally ridden for reasons of tree-hugging but the Greens are still political party beyond environmental issues. KB seems reasonably well dominated by angry bigots but I'm sure that's mostly to do with volume (I know it's a computer. You can still shout). I'd like to think the average motorcyclist is a fairly open-minded individual, who wouldn't have too much difficulty getting along with Mr Clendon. :dodge:

YellowDog
1st October 2009, 13:15
Well that is interesting.

Whilst I see no point at all in the Green Party, it will be good to have a genuine biking person able to understand, present, and debate road traffic issues from an empathetic prespective.

riffer
1st October 2009, 13:31

Oh I don't know. If you've been following the Wellington City Motorcycle Parking thread like I have, you'll also be aware we've already worked out that personalised transportation is the most environmentally friendly form around.

You'll let them know about that in the Green Party won't you Dave?

oldrider
1st October 2009, 13:38
If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck, then it is safe to assume that it "is" a duck!

If the duck rides a motorcycle, then it can be a member of KB and I respect the duck's rights to be (different) a duck!

We may even eventually become firm friends but he will still be a bloody duck!

There are plenty of KBr's with nice bikes and misdirected politics, I will happily ride with them, I just won't vote for them! :calm: Settled! :whistle:

MaxCannon
1st October 2009, 13:47
I know Dave - real nice guy.
Last time I saw him he had an SV650 - not sure if he's changed recently or not.

NDORFN
1st October 2009, 14:28
Greens rock :headbang:

Bend-it
1st October 2009, 14:49
If the greenies would stick to greenie issues, and leave the social engineering alone, I'm sure they'd do much better... certainly in my eyes.

Take that to the next party meeting, Mr Clendon!

Drogen Omen
1st October 2009, 15:23
P.S. Who is going to join me in lobbying for Car-Free Sundays on all the country's best motorbike roads? :2thumbsup

i'm down with that...

also i wonder if he will be helping us get rid of those cheese cutters once and for all...

Brian d marge
1st October 2009, 15:28

arsey boo

I like that

Stephen

Blackbird
1st October 2009, 15:30

Greens are often ill-informed pains in the ass, at least up this way. Environmentalists rock.

SARGE
1st October 2009, 16:55
thats why y'all have me .. the right wing neo-con gun nut driving a 'slightly modified' big bore running on Methanol and leaded race gas and chucking cigar butts in the gutter while running over endangered animals ...

offsetting the treehuggers ya see ...balance in all things grasshopper...

oh .. and fuck Amnesty International.. next time one invades my fucking doorway im gonna waterboard his dumb ass

(can anyone tell me where i can get 4 pounds of Iron Oxide and the same amount of Aluminum powder?)

NDORFN
1st October 2009, 17:23
thats why y'all have me .. the right wing neo-con gun nut driving a 'slightly modified' big bore running on Methanol and leaded race gas and chucking cigar butts in the gutter while running over endangered animals ...

offsetting the treehuggers ya see ...balance in all things grasshopper...

oh .. and fuck Amnesty International.. next time one invades my fucking doorway im gonna waterboard his dumb ass

(can anyone tell me where i can get 4 pounds of Iron Oxide and the same amount of Aluminum powder?)

A supply shed at Ontrack.

marty
1st October 2009, 17:26
Holy fuck - cops, harley riders, now polititions!. WTF is KB coming to?

scumdog
1st October 2009, 17:35

Pfft - freakin' hippies...

NDORFN
1st October 2009, 17:39
Pfft - freakin' hippies...

Pfft - freakin' pigs...

caseye
1st October 2009, 17:45
For those who missed the news in the latest Sue Bradford Abuse Thread, it turns out that Dave Clendon, successor to Ms Bradford, is both a biker and a KiwiBiker member.

He has been riding motorbikes for about 35 years (non-stop! :eek5:) and currently owns a sports bike and a scooter.

I won't invade his privacy any further by listing his user-name here, but I just wanted to congratulate Mr Clendon on his impending appointment to the House of Representatives, and congratulate us as KBers on having a member of the team in the Big House.

I wonder if there are any other KB MPs? I know other MPs who definitely ride - but how many of them hang around on here?

I'll join that lobby group Klingon, no worries at all, makes perfect sense that does.

Coldrider
1st October 2009, 18:30
Holy fuck - cops, harley riders, now polititions!. WTF is KB coming to?
What is a politition ?

chef
1st October 2009, 23:38
im actually john key and yes i ride a bike. i just hide behind a fake name and profession. go kb from the pm!

Lurch
2nd October 2009, 06:00
im actually john key and yes i ride a bike. i just hide behind a fake name and profession. go kb from the pm!

Last time I checked you had to be able to meet the following requirements to become the PM:

Be able to find the Shift key on a keyboard
Know under what circumstances to press the Shift key to create capital letters

There used to be a few more requirements but Helen Clark had to scrap them so that there was still some hope of one of her party members ever meeting the requirements in the future.

P38
2nd October 2009, 08:05
If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck, then it is safe to assume that it "is" a duck!

If the duck rides a motorcycle, then it can be a member of KB and I respect the duck's rights to be (different) a duck!

There are plenty of KBr's with nice bikes and misdirected politics, I will happily ride with them, I just won't vote for them! :calm: Settled! :whistle:

My thoughts exactly.

ArcherWC
2nd October 2009, 08:09
I have ridden and chatted with him a few times, real nice guy.........I still wont vote green though

MSTRS
2nd October 2009, 08:13

It's just over there...no, over THERE. Yep. There. Underneath that nice big pile of fertiliser. Yep, that pile. With the label on it, addressed to The Beehive, Wellington.

Mr Merde
2nd October 2009, 08:14

Thermite rules

Swoop
2nd October 2009, 08:33
Vegetables? Yes.
Except for brussel sprouts. They are just plain evil. Which brings us back to sue badford...

cc rider
3rd October 2009, 03:12

The world's gone arsey-boo....that's not really a tough stand to take..."arsey-boo"...kinda sounds ghey :girlfight: butt, then in-tent is everything

cc rider
3rd October 2009, 03:20
im actually john key and yes i ride a bike. i just hide behind a name and fake profession. go kb from the pm!...so that would make you a politician......Did i miss something.
:rofl:

Fatt Max
3rd October 2009, 07:37
I reckon Sue Bradford is a biker and KB'er hiding out in here somewhere.

Anyone as fucking crazy as her must own a bike and must post messages about general spoof on our great website...

So c'mon Sue, reveal yourself......

oldrider
3rd October 2009, 11:48
I reckon Sue Bradford is a biker and KB'er hiding out in here somewhere.

Anyone as fucking crazy as her must own a bike and must post messages about general spoof on our great website...

So c'mon Sue, reveal yourself......

I'm never going to confess to you Fatt Max, never! :Oops:

EJK
3rd October 2009, 12:21
Kiwibiker going international? Crikey who will be the next Prime Minister?

MikeL
3rd October 2009, 13:41
If the greenies would stick to greenie issues, and leave the social engineering alone, I'm sure they'd do much better... certainly in my eyes.

"Social engineering": the attempt to bring about social change by people with whom I do not agree (cf. "nanny state": rules and regulations preventing me from doing bad things, introduced by a government for which I did not vote)

The greatest "social engineering" is education, yet presumably you don't disapprove of this in general? And yet an analysis of the subtle and not so subtle ways in which the younger generation is conditioned to accept uncritically their role as wage-slaves and consumers for the good of the economy (read: "for the benefit of the wealthy") should make you at least think twice before bandying about accusations of "social engineering" in lesser matters.

hospitalfood
3rd October 2009, 14:36
well, pleased that we have a green MP on board.
i did vote green, so that probably makes 2 green votes from KB members.

world domination is just around the corner

Ixion
3rd October 2009, 14:42
The greatest "social engineering" is education, yet presumably you don't disapprove of this in general

Well, education would probably be a very good thing, if New Zealand were ever to try it. Perhaps one day, in a very small way.

carver
3rd October 2009, 15:17

I am a regional co ordinator for a party

SARGE
4th October 2009, 07:12
Thermite rules

never said ANYTHING about Thermite .. i use it for my garden...:whistle:

Ixion
4th October 2009, 12:42
never said ANYTHING about Thermite .. i use it for my garden...:whistle:

Iron oxide? Aluminium? Nonsense, they have no horticultural purpose.

Tell the truth, you really want it for colouring concrete, don't you? Iron oxide makes a nice brown colour , and aluminium powder mixed in the concrete makes sparkly concrete.

You can't fool us.

The Pastor
4th October 2009, 15:04
Yeah ok, i confess - its not me.

MadDuck
4th October 2009, 16:02

Nah all Ducks should be banned! .... :innocent:

SARGE
6th October 2009, 05:43
iron oxide? Aluminium? Nonsense, they have no horticultural purpose.

Tell the truth, you really want it for colouring concrete, don't you? Iron oxide makes a nice brown colour , and aluminium powder mixed in the concrete makes sparkly concrete.

You can't fool us.

oh... Yea .. Concrete ...

Big Dave
6th October 2009, 18:42
I'm concerned about our reputation.

Ixion
6th October 2009, 18:48
'S OK . We make sure to tell everybody you're an Aussie, so that they make allowances.

James Deuce
6th October 2009, 20:18
Less of the our!