PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung GT250R clutch/gearbox issues

shurik
12th October 2009, 15:28
Hi all,

I've got a '07 Hyosung GT250R, that I've recently dropped on the right side in my garage :Oops: After that something went wrong with either the clutch or gears or both - in neutral it free-rolls fine but when I plug it into any gear and with the clutch full in, it rolls but there is a fair bit of resistance as if the gearbox is not completely disengaged.

I've tried adjusting the clutch cable, but suspect that I only made it worse :stupid: Has anyone else had this problem and any recommendations on how to fix it would be much appreciated.

meowmix
12th October 2009, 16:02
If the clutch cable is adjusted according to the manual, with 4mm free play at the handle, it should be ok.
I usually put a very slight bit of pressure on the handle, taking up the slack basically, and tighten the cable up at the handle (when its already pretty close at the engine adjuster). I tighten till the slack is taken up with the very slight pressure, and there is only a small gap at the lever hinge bit. Maybe 2mm ish.

Or physically grab the cable's mount at the engine, and turn that while pushing in gear to eliminate the gearbox/clutch.

CookMySock
12th October 2009, 18:59
Drain the oil, pull the clutch cover off, remove the clutch plates and basket, and check the bearing behind the clutch basket - make sure the alloy engine casing around this bearing isnt cracked.

Steve

shurik
13th October 2009, 13:54
Thanks for the advice. Do you know any place to get the Hyo gearbox schematics?

Cheers

rphenix
13th October 2009, 15:10
Thanks for the advice. Do you know any place to get the Hyo gearbox schematics?

Cheers

Before you go doing that, are you absolutely sure there is a problem? there is always a certain amount of resistance when pushing a bike in gear. Does the bike make any weird sounds when it is pushed? Does it try and "Pull" the bike forwards when the engine is running but your holding the clutch in? if not its probably fine.

I keep a copy of the GT service manual here (http://razza.org/GT250 Service Manual.zip) shouldn't be anything really different on the GTR. Otherwise you can find it on korider or similar forums.

crazyhorse
13th October 2009, 15:33
Oh dear ............. not another one :crybaby:

gwigs
13th October 2009, 19:19
Before you go doing that, are you absolutely sure there is a problem? there is always a certain amount of resistance when pushing a bike in gear. Does the bike make any weird sounds when it is pushed? Does it try and "Pull" the bike forwards when the engine is running but your holding the clutch in? if not its probably fine.

I keep a copy of the GT service manual here (http://razza.org/GT250 Service Manual.zip) shouldn't be anything really different on the GTR. Otherwise you can find it on korider or similar forums.

My thoughts exactly ,there will always be a bit of resistance when in gear. :yes:

shurik
13th October 2009, 23:09

No, the bike doesn't pull forward when in gear with clutch in, but there is some resistance rolling it in gear with clutch in that wasn't there before I dropped it. I managed to adjust the clutch cable today to a reasonably similar state as was previously, but this resistance bit worries me. Reckon it's nothing to stress about?

Cheers

CookMySock
14th October 2009, 08:21
If it's not doing something weird/different when you are riding it, I'd just ride it. Or if you are unhappy with it, sell it to me cheap. ;)

Steve

shurik
14th October 2009, 11:53
If it's not doing something weird/different when you are riding it, I'd just ride it. Or if you are unhappy with it, sell it to me cheap. ;)

Steve

What's your idea of cheap? ;)

meowmix
14th October 2009, 12:29
Haha.
Sounds like you may have a bit of Hyo owners' paranoia. Just keep an ear out for unfamiliar noises, and make sure the feel is the same. If its not dragging in 1st then you prob don't have a problem. Worn/misaligned/broken bearings will make a noticeable noise.

CookMySock
14th October 2009, 15:14
What's your idea of cheap? ;)Well have a bit of a think about what you want for it. and then halve it lol.

Steve

neopets3010
31st January 2013, 15:53
I'm having the same problem with my Hyo GT250. The main problem is, it is like it sits between gears. In 1st it won't start and just clicks (noise you get when you don't pull in clutch or leave stand down) and in neutral is just won't kick over.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated :)

steve_t
31st January 2013, 17:12
I'm having the same problem with my Hyo GT250. The main problem is, it is like it sits between gears. In 1st it won't start and just clicks (noise you get when you don't pull in clutch or leave stand down) and in neutral is just won't kick over.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated :)

Sounds like a new battery is needed. Either that or check your clutch and sidestand switches. The sidestand switch is a common trouble area