PDA

View Full Version : Here a Mo, there a Mo...Uni Movember team!

Krayy
31st October 2009, 10:09
Hi everyone,

Every year, mo’ and mo’ men in NZ face a number of health issues. Movember is about raising much needed funds and awareness for men's health - specifically prostate cancer and depression. These areas are important when you learn that close to 600 men die of prostate cancer each year in New Zealand and one in ten men will experience depression in their lifetime - many of whom don't seek help.

It’s easy to help…join the “University mO’ Auckland” team by going to the team signup page at http://nz.movember.com/register/24603 and follow the prompts. Then make sure you are clean shaven on the 1st of November, take a photo and send it to me or Irene Pillay (and post it on your Mospace page). Now grow the best mo that you can during the month.

Be sure to talk to your friends and family now about how they can help sponsor your ‘tash growing efforts. By the mm or by the strand, work out your own scale.

The more people we get on board, the more awareness and money we can raise, so I am asking you to join the team and either grow a moustache as a Mo Bro, or sign on as a Mo Sista and help out with organising our events or raising funds.

We will be organising a number of events during the month of Movember, such as a quiz night, a bake-off and have an awards ceremony for the best, worst, greatest effort and as many other ridiculous categories as we can think of.

Auckland is the number 1 University in NZ, and other Unis have already got Movember teams set up with a number of Mo-Bros and Mo-Sistas, so let’s keep with the winning ways and out-grow and out-style them all.

2009 is Movember's fourth consecutive year. If you are interested in learning more about the work that is being carried out as a result of Movember funds, check out the details at http://nz.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs.

I hope to welcome you to the team shortly.

P.S. I found out last night that my father-in-law has terminal cancer, so I’m dedicating this years Mo to him.

Warren Powell
Team Captain
University mO’ Auckland

Hanne
31st October 2009, 13:09
Awesome Warren, just got Squiggles to join your team.

Real_Wolf
31st October 2009, 14:42
I'd join in, but seriously, my moustache hair does not grow

Danae
31st October 2009, 17:32
Dude, Mutton Chops.

James Deuce
31st October 2009, 17:52
Dude, Mutton Chops.

That's not a dude.