PDA

View Full Version : AUSMC Bikoi Ride and Accom?

R6_kid
2nd November 2009, 14:22
I'm yet to confirm if I will be able to attend (will decide in the next couple of days) but there is a possibility of staying with my relatives in Wanganui.

I intend to do a 'fun' ride down rather than taking SH1 the whole way down** - I've left Auckland in the car at midday before and arrived in Wanganui by 6pm, my plan would be to leave around 10am so that it isn't rushed - however I'd prefer that you are a competent rider and preferably on your full licence - I like to maintain the speed limit wherever possible.

Accomodation would be via a limited number of matresses on the floor (bring your own sleeping bag) or alternatively in your own tent on the lawn (they live on a farm). In terms of food - probably eat takeaways in Wanganui. Short showers will be available.

If you are keen let me know in the next few days, I have to OK numbers with them first and so it will be on first in first served* basis up to the limit they set. I'll take a guess and say 5-8 will be the most they'd want.

Wanganui is approximately 3hrs from Wellington City.

A number of KBers have stayed there with me before and can vouch for their hospitality - I just don't want to make it a burden on them in terms of space/food etc but it is quite likely that if my Aunty is around she'll cook us dinner whether we ask her to or not.

This is a MAYBE at the moment - I will confirm by the end of the week.

*if demand exceeds available space I may be an asshole and choose. lol
**current idea is SH1-SH22-SH23-SH39-SH4, approx 490km.

PirateJafa
2nd November 2009, 17:25
Are your exams finished before the ride?

You lucky bastard.

Ixion
2nd November 2009, 17:34
Unless Squiggles stuffed up the calender he sent me, everybodies exams are finished before the ride.

R6_kid
2nd November 2009, 17:44
My last one is on the 14th. I'm guessing you have one on the 16th? If so, what time? If you want to come with and you have a morning exam then we can just leave after midday? I take it you're not doing nursing which is on the 25th!

ital916
2nd November 2009, 18:12
Good on you gareth. I've got accom sussed already hopefully in welli. Am leaving early morning on the 16th to head down. Will see you boys down there.

Cr1MiNaL
2nd November 2009, 18:58
I'll be keen R6_Kid, at this stage I am riding down to the protest ride. Mostly 1 up, but a place to sleep with other bikers wud b fun!

Ragingrob
2nd November 2009, 19:48
Unless Squiggles stuffed up the calender he sent me, everybodies exams are finished before the ride.

My last exam is on the 16th :bash:

Ixion
2nd November 2009, 20:18
And the BIKEOI is the 17th. Your problem?

Ragingrob
2nd November 2009, 20:24
And the BIKEOI is the 17th. Your problem?

If I was going to welly I'd head down during the weekend. Work commitments. Not to mention being drunk till 12pm that day when I wake up!

Rayray401
2nd November 2009, 20:29
I guess I'm the luckiest here...I finish this fri..but got 3 in a row >< ><..hmm How longs the ride down to welly?

Ixion
2nd November 2009, 20:33
We overnight in Parmy.

Normally 6 - 7 hours, but the ride will be slow for lots of reasons. So maybe 8 hours.

Squiggles
2nd November 2009, 20:41
If I was going to welly I'd head down during the weekend. Work commitments. Not to mention being drunk till 12pm that day when I wake up!

More excuses eh rob?

Ragingrob
2nd November 2009, 20:48
More excuses eh rob?

Yep :scooter:

Gotta earn money to afford the bike as it is. :cold:

motorbyclist
2nd November 2009, 20:49
I'm thinking of going down via glenross lodge - it's the very hospitable backpackers me and jafa stayed at on our epic adventure.... route52 is kinda the opposite side of the country though...

Cr1MiNaL
2nd November 2009, 20:52
I'm definately not doing SH 1 down.

motorbyclist
2nd November 2009, 21:08
I'm thinking of going down via glenross lodge - it's the very hospitable backpackers me and jafa stayed at on our epic adventure.... route52 is kinda the opposite side of the country though...

mind you, i can go back north that way......

wanganui sounds good :)

I might leave extra-early on brown fury if I'm confident in the latest state of tune and do 80kph along the route until you kids catch up.

This levy will make owning a second bike unfairly unaffordable, and trips like our epic adventure unfeasable. (though to be fair it might encourage the use of bikes under 125cc.....)

Rayray401
2nd November 2009, 21:09

Agreed, same here, with my job at BK :crybaby:

I'm definately not doing SH 1 down.

Yeah, straight line, plus cops everywhere.

Phurrball
3rd November 2009, 06:02
Sounds promising - I have a tent I'm itching to use...

Wanganui sounds good so long as it's well away from that eye-liner-enhanced, shit-for-brains mayor of those parts.

ital916
3rd November 2009, 07:29
Sounds promising - I have a tent I'm itching to use...

Wanganui sounds good so long as it's well away from that eye-liner-enhanced, shit-for-brains mayor of those parts.

Youz cantz be angry wif da lawsinator, he will PWN you & all da maoriz.:ar15:

R6_kid
3rd November 2009, 09:10
Rob/Jafa - are you guys morning or evening exams?

The ride I intend to do is approx 6.5hrs, or we can skip SH22 (might be a good idea) and take SH39 out of Ngaruawahia and knock off half an hour.

Ragingrob
3rd November 2009, 09:55
Rob/Jafa - are you guys morning or evening exams?

The ride I intend to do is approx 6.5hrs, or we can skip SH22 (might be a good idea) and take SH39 out of Ngaruawahia and knock off half an hour.

Arvo. :crybaby:

ital916
3rd November 2009, 10:37
Arvo. :crybaby:

night ride :woohoo:

Ragingrob
3rd November 2009, 10:50
night ride :woohoo:

After-exam class party + law stein :sunny:

+

Work the next day

Ride to Wellington fail to compute

R6_kid
3rd November 2009, 10:55
Stink au... I even had an invite to the law stein from a blonde hottie :blink:

Ragingrob
3rd November 2009, 10:58

I'll look after her for you bro :sunny:

Danae
3rd November 2009, 10:59

Andrew doesn't do law!

R6_kid
3rd November 2009, 11:06
Andrew doesn't do law!

ROFLMAO!!!!

This one has nice legs, and ample boobage too. I'd say they're probably even in the "washboard abs" department. Funnily enough they both wear glasses, but she looks way hotter in hers than Andrew does in his! Plus it doesn't feel awkward when I slap her ass...

jono035
3rd November 2009, 11:15
Plus it doesn't feel awkward when I slap her ass...

For Sale: 1 brain, slightly abused.

Real_Wolf
3rd November 2009, 14:26
For Sale: 1 brain, slightly abused.

Yours or his, cause I think his is more than slightly

R6_kid
10th November 2009, 17:26
Well I hate to say it folks, but a nice police officer put a damper on my day (literally, I ended up riding in the rain because of the cunt :angry2:) and has left me with an upcoming dent in my wallet to the tune of $300 :gob:

I won't be going to Wellington, so I can't offer you cool peeps any cheap/free accommodation.

Mom
10th November 2009, 17:30

Yepper, life sucks sometimes. Come along to the ride on the 14th in Auckland instead.

I won't be going to Wellington, so I can't offer you cool peeps any cheap/free accommodation.

Ditto for you :yes:

motorbyclist
10th November 2009, 17:51
righto, glenross lodge (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1129291905&postcount=245) for me then :D

mind you, that might actually be waaaaay too far north.

bugger :(

Cr1MiNaL
10th November 2009, 17:53
This R1's not going to Welly either but I will be doing all the protest rides I can in Auckland.

Phurrball
10th November 2009, 18:19
No good at all R6K...

So...

Who's actually going to Welly in the SMC convoy?

motorbyclist
10th November 2009, 18:30
I am still very much keen - might have to leave sunday morning though :niceone:

Phurrball
10th November 2009, 18:46
I am still very much keen - might have to leave sunday morning though :niceone:

My word! Are you taking the Fury? I was hoping to work part of Monday - but I guess I'm deluding myself and I should take the day off...

R6_kid
10th November 2009, 19:11
No good at all R6K...

He was a sneaky c00nt - got me in a place where the speed limit changed from 80 - 100, I accelerated a bit early and ended up going over 110 by a tad, but he ticketed me for doing it in the 80kmh zone :angry2:

ital916
10th November 2009, 19:27
Well I hate to say it folks, but a nice police officer put a damper on my day (literally, I ended up riding in the rain because of the cunt :angry2:) and has left me with an upcoming dent in my wallet to the tune of $300 :gob:

speeding?

Somone organising a meet up of biker on tues morn or something in welli, will be difficult finding people in the crowd. Have a safe ride down guys. Will see you on the beach.