PDA

View Full Version : Racing Waihi

Gadgit
2nd November 2009, 19:58
Well the first meet proved good. So I've just got off the phone to Damien and he has set up another day for the 28th or 29th of Nov. The track is small and challenging but alot of fun. sugested gearing for daytona would be 6/72 and higher, and 6/75 and higher for water cooled.
Sunday the 29th of November
Start time 9.30 sign on
Same place Waihi netball courts
There will be a cost this time that goes to the Waihi netball club of $5 per rider. Please try to bring the correct amount as change in large amounts will not be held on the day.

Need more info just yell out

Cheers
Gadgit

stallion
2nd November 2009, 20:15
yea im keen as again, sunday i reackon

daz71
2nd November 2009, 20:20
yeah im keen for sunday, hope we get some fine weather this time!

stallion
2nd November 2009, 20:22
its always fine here, fine enough to ride that is. lol:scooter:

Gadgit
2nd November 2009, 20:42
Haha sweet knew you guys would be there... got the bug now...

daz71
2nd November 2009, 20:49
Yeah im an addict !!!!!!! do i need help

stallion
2nd November 2009, 20:51
yea to keep ya bike together:gob:. (wanna borow mine again?):woohoo:

Gadgit
2nd November 2009, 21:03
Haha yea addict's that what we are... help I don't think theres such a thing lol. This is the weekend after the NZMMRC final points series round so I might put stupidly short gearing on the Duke and put it on the short track for a bit of wheel standing fun... or drifting lol

daz71
2nd November 2009, 21:05
Yeah why not, I might have to get the 80cc going to give you a run for your money lol

Gadgit
2nd November 2009, 21:11
Sweet it's on

mohawk
2nd November 2009, 21:14
Yea, sat, sun , what ever, we should be there.:woohoo:

Jr Rota
3rd November 2009, 06:51
Hi

I will be there sat or sun :)

BigAl
3rd November 2009, 08:32
Sounds good, will try and make it.:sunny:

Gadgit
3rd November 2009, 19:28
Yea, sat, sun , what ever, we should be there.:woohoo:

Sweet you and the mrs are keen bikers and that mrs of yours is not easy to get passed haha I love a challenge

Gadgit
3rd November 2009, 19:30
Hi

I will be there sat or sun :)

I know ya will Dan. And I'll try my best to keep up:bye:

Gadgit
3rd November 2009, 19:31
Sounds good, will try and make it.:sunny:

Cool as Al the GRC will do well on the small track 10/52

cave weta
3rd November 2009, 20:41
Loved it from a spectators point of view too! great to see how these little bikes go on good tyres.

Ill be back!:woohoo:

Gadgit
3rd November 2009, 20:54
Loved it from a spectators point of view too! great to see how these little bikes go on good tyres.

Ill be back!:woohoo:

Well we'll have to throw ya on one next time... bring ya helmet

Gadgit
9th November 2009, 19:08
Date set check out the first post for details
Sunday the 29th

Gadgit
24th November 2009, 21:17
All go for this weekend people.. Riders please keep in mind that all skin must be covered... knee pads and elbo pads or a good thick jacket. Gloves helmet and boots that cover your ankels.. Be a sunny one see ya there

stallion
24th November 2009, 21:32
sweet az will see you there:2thumbsup

BigAl
26th November 2009, 08:01
Directions to the venue guys?

Jr Rota
26th November 2009, 17:57
hi

ill be there :) :) . just hope it will not rain.

Dan

Gadgit
26th November 2009, 20:13
Directions to the venue guys?

Same place as last time Al
Drive into Waihi follow the big signs To Wangamata... Comming from Hamilton/Auckland you'll drive into Waihi on Seddon St, you'll come to a roundabout take a right onto Rosemont Rd (headding to Tauranga) then take a Left onto Kenny St (Headding for Wangamata) Drive till you see the MINIMOTO RACING sign on the Right pull in and get the bikes out cause it will be all go .. lol
http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&tab=wl go to this link and type in 130 kenny street Waihi and it will show you the way

Jr Rota
29th November 2009, 16:24
Hi all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLZziwoYGr0

today was some great racing. this is one of many of the vids i took to day enjoy. will put some more up soon.

dan

Jr Rota
29th November 2009, 16:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixO7ZO1H1dg

this one is a daytona race.

dan

Jr Rota
29th November 2009, 16:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-TJoeXS9Mw

this is the best race yet if you want to see more vids then look on my user name (polinigp346).

Thanks - Dan (Rota Rat)!!......

BigAl
29th November 2009, 19:23
Good work Dan, it looked like you were riding pillion for awhile there;)

daz71
2nd December 2009, 20:43
check this out http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/album.php?albumid=3016

Jr Rota
3rd December 2009, 17:38
Hi,

Great promotion for the sport and nzmmrc. Neat article - great to see. :) :)

Thanks - dan (rota rat)...

woodyracer
3rd December 2009, 17:46
cool little thing you've got going on at waihi

woodyracer
3rd December 2009, 17:51
Joke of the day!!! a pocket bike does 0-100km/h in 3 seconds :laugh: if that were to be true a minimoto could blow off a 180HP gsxr1000!!

ive ridden a few fast minimoto's and even those wouldnt blow my 16HP cbr125r off........a centrifugal clutch just cant give you that sort of acceleration....

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 18:48
Thats my words you are chueing up there ... feel free to jump on my bike if you want.

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 18:52
Didn't get right into it with the reporter but it's just over ... 3.6sec with a 65kg rider

woodyracer
3rd December 2009, 19:23
come on.....i ive seen you take off......it whines.....then starts to take off....you just dont have the instant take off power that you would if you had a clutch....

id say about 7-8 seconds to 100km/h.....but even then how do you know your doing 100?

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 20:50
Power to weight Max... thats the key, Haven't seen you on a 18Hp minimoto. I'm 100kg and running a chineese clutch I would agree that it takes a bit to get me moving but the figger was tested with a 65kg rider. How do I know it's 100km simple maths.. installed gearing vs rpm. Not my bike I was talking about at the end of the day but figgers from a euro open rider on a gp3...

woodyracer
3rd December 2009, 20:59
Power to weight Max... thats the key, Haven't seen you on a 18Hp minimoto. I'm 100kg and running a chineese clutch I would agree that it takes a bit to get me moving but the figger was tested with a 65kg rider. How do I know it's 100km simple maths.. installed gearing vs rpm. Not my bike I was talking about at the end of the day but figgers from a euro open rider on a gp3...

i know they have good power to weight......but 18hp isnt right, i had a talk to tim and he siad there aint no 18hp minimoto's in NZ and hardly any in the world.... remember on a minimoto you fell faster than your realy going....thats what makes it soo fun. what lap times do you do at mt wellington?

daz71
3rd December 2009, 21:02
ive just been reading your guys posts , bucket riders dont even get out of first gear at mt welly gp3 would eat you up lol:tugger:

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:02
Never raced Mt welly... only ever burned round a few times

orange
3rd December 2009, 21:06
dude you never ridden a true open euro minimoto or u would know.
Tim's is not that fast- next year oranges new bike will be quicker than this years model

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:07
Installed 50 kit on a GP3 with all the rest Polini state 18hp

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:12
Maybe you should be having a go at the engineers at Polini insted of trying to bring down a guy trying to get this little sport out there by stating facts from the factory???

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:14
Tim's is not that fast- next year oranges new bike will be quicker than this years model

Dam Orange this seasons bike struggles to put power to the ground as it is haha....

orange
3rd December 2009, 21:15
Talk is cheap anyway!!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Pocket-pit-bikes/auction-257890970.htm

steal of the year really- spend about a grand on it in last three rounds

woodyracer
3rd December 2009, 21:17
ive just been reading your guys posts , bucket riders dont even get out of first gear at mt welly gp3 would eat you up lol:tugger:

ok....you obviously know nothing......im doing 90km/h down the straight at mt wellignton {i have an arrurate speedo} in 3rd gear.... .... connor {junior open champion is doing 39 sec laps around mt welly, im doing a 31.34 and hayden fitzgerald {1st of superpole} is doing a 29 sec lap......so mini's arent as fast.

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:19
Talk is cheap anyway!!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Pocket-pit-bikes/auction-257890970.htm

steal of the year really- spend about a grand on it in last three rounds

Haha too true talk is cheap..... now I need to sell a hell of a lot so I can own that bike lol. It's far too cheap Orange

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:21
ok....you obviously know nothing......im doing 90km/h down the straight at mt wellignton {i have an arrurate speedo} in 3rd gear.... .... connor {junior open champion is doing 39 sec laps around mt welly, im doing a 31.34 and hayden fitzgerald {1st of superpole} is doing a 29 sec lap......so mini's arent as fast.

Connor is not on a OPEN bike nor is he as light as you and his bike is well under 9hp infact I think his bike was dynoed at around 6hp? your a bit of a nota Max apples with apples here

woodyracer
3rd December 2009, 21:22
Installed 50 kit on a GP3 with all the rest Polini state 18hp

ok im sorry, but if its 18hp at the crank then that could be right.

orange i dont need to ride a open bike, ive ridden enough fast big bikes to know.

Gadgit i still support minimoto......if you guys would get MNZ licences you could race at mt wellington on sundays....and other places....but its hard for you to be respected without them. Ive talked to alot of people about making mini's bigger....and getting together with MNZ is the only way.

orange
3rd December 2009, 21:25
no hydro brakes for that price but motor is a jet.

By the way connor's motor is NOT a euro.

daz71
3rd December 2009, 21:25
oh someone hit a nerve lol

orange
3rd December 2009, 21:34
those who have ridden know. the rest are just talking from ....

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:34
MNZ yea lets make a cheap sport not so cheap... early on when Deno was still round and Brett B took on the club MNZ was aproched and they turned there backs saying it would never be a sport in NZ .... and you want us to surport them now I think not... Plenty of other tracks to ride on and MNZ only have a hand on very few.... and as Waihi has proved a few netball coutes and you have a track.

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:37
Also theres the schools challange 180+ riders..... tapping into this ..... oh dear all of a sudden it's a big sport... NO MNZ INVOLVEMENT Auckland is not the only place where things can happen you know

orange
3rd December 2009, 21:40
gadgit did you see link to hill climb on minimoto posted on nzmmrc

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 21:45
gadgit did you see link to hill climb on minimoto posted on nzmmrc
Yea man that bike was doing some serious speeds... had to watch it twice.... once on the laptop and once on the 50" lol

Ray LeCheminant
3rd December 2009, 22:27
Connor is not on a OPEN bike nor is he as light as you and his bike is well under 9hp infact I think his bike was dynoed at around 6hp? your a bit of a nota Max apples with apples here

Dudes.....Connors bike that we was doing 39's on, is 28kg, he weighs 84kg - and it was the older 5.5HP bike....so, I am thinking that's not too bad!

Gadgit - hows things mate - what an awesome year!!! Would have loved to come to last Waihi meeting, but had a bit on at work, but might try and make the next one....what sort of gearing you think will work on the ZPF ?

Cheers

Ray

P.S See ya next Sat!

Ray LeCheminant
3rd December 2009, 22:35
dude you never ridden a true open euro minimoto or u would know.

You fitting WHEELIE bars Orange?

Gadgit
3rd December 2009, 23:02
6-68 is what Big Al ran on the B1 and it went well but still not getting up in the rpm I think a 6-70 would be that little bit better.

BigAl
4th December 2009, 07:25
Geez Max you sure know how to upset people, by slagging off pocket bikes on a pocket bike forum.:no:
Re. Mt Welly lap times, I can do low 32's on my std B1. I've ridden Nics Blata & that is heaps faster and not even making the power of Gadits & Johns open bikes.
Everyone is welcome to an opinion, but imho you are just talking bollocks.

imdying
4th December 2009, 08:43
Max you're still a pretty stupid little faggot aren't ya? Fuck off back to the bucket forums eh, there's a good lad :rolleyes:

woodyracer
4th December 2009, 10:40
Im sorry if ive come across intrusive, i still support the sport, its just sad that you cant do more circuits, thats why suggested the MNZ thing, you guys are great at running it how you do with the numbers you have. And if i had the money id stil run with your club with my old polini. Alot kids would want to do minimoto, but you dont have a race meeting in a good place to get numbers, if you build up racing at mt wellington you would get massive crowds [like buckets} Im not at all insulting minimoto or the organisers im just coming from the point of view of someone that races with MNZ.

I know for one, that people would love to see a heap of open class minimoto's blasting around taupo short circuit :eek:,maybe oneday aye?

Have a good 2010 season. -Max

imdying
4th December 2009, 10:53
Now that wasn't so hard. Bikes are bikes and somebody loves racing each of them. Be a bit on the nose if WSB riders went into the KB racing forum and tried it on because we're on 'less whatever' machines than them.

Gadgit
4th December 2009, 11:53
What is MNZ lets see it's a assocoation that holds the insurance for all under lieing clubs... hmmm NZMMRC has it's own insurance... no need for MNZ the only track we cant get on is Mt Welly....Even if I was a member of MNZ they wont let me on the Paeroa Battle of the Streets Curcuit even for a show and tell lap beleave me I have tryed... like I said Auckland is not the only place in NZ we used to race on tracks all over NZ but people just didn't want to travle so we base racing in Tam because one it's cheap enough and two it's central for the North Brett in Auckland and Jason in Wellington travle about the same distance and most of the rest of the Members at the mo are Waikato based. Taupo no point you can only run one class there cause 50km/h on a day2 trying to do a lap would just be pointless. The sport is made for kart track sized race tracks..Tight and twisty. And MNZ will not help the club one bit some of the members at the moment put as much money into the sport and just make it through the season plonk another $100+ per person for MNZ and what do ya know no members... I know I couldn't justify it and would not join up.... seen as all they can offer is one track in Auckland and insurances we all ready have... and I still couldn't run on the Hacksaw come Feb and my son all of a sudden couldn't ride because of there rules... MNZ is just an older form of NZMMRC but we are MINIMOTO only.

woodyracer
4th December 2009, 17:33
What is MNZ lets see it's a assocoation that holds the insurance for all under lieing clubs... hmmm NZMMRC has it's own insurance... no need for MNZ the only track we cant get on is Mt Welly....Even if I was a member of MNZ they wont let me on the Paeroa Battle of the Streets Curcuit even for a show and tell lap beleave me I have tryed... like I said Auckland is not the only place in NZ we used to race on tracks all over NZ but people just didn't want to travle so we base racing in Tam because one it's cheap enough and two it's central for the North Brett in Auckland and Jason in Wellington travle about the same distance and most of the rest of the Members at the mo are Waikato based. Taupo no point you can only run one class there cause 50km/h on a day2 trying to do a lap would just be pointless. The sport is made for kart track sized race tracks..Tight and twisty. And MNZ will not help the club one bit some of the members at the moment put as much money into the sport and just make it through the season plonk another $100+ per person for MNZ and what do ya know no members... I know I couldn't justify it and would not join up.... seen as all they can offer is one track in Auckland and insurances we all ready have... and I still couldn't run on the Hacksaw come Feb and my son all of a sudden couldn't ride because of there rules... MNZ is just an older form of NZMMRC but we are MINIMOTO only.

i get what you mean, if you guys are ever up for, nigel of the pacific club dosnt mind pockets.....so have a talk to him about racing the hawkes bay.

mohawk
4th December 2009, 19:05
When is the next meeting?

woodyracer
4th December 2009, 19:21
When is the next meeting?

This weekend, you'll need numbers to race though {im still not certain if you can race yet] but if there's there alot of you its more promising.

Ill try my hardest to get you guys some racing.