PDA

View Full Version : Biker loses licence, as police allege camera recorded 612kph!

Bob
3rd November 2009, 01:15
An Italian motorcyclist is appealing against the loss of his licence, after police claimed a speed camera recorded him riding at an impossible 612kph (383 mph)!

Paolo Turina, 26, said the camera was clearly defective, adding "If I could go that fast I'd enter my bike in the MotoGP world championships. Valentino Rossi would not stand a chance. What did they think they were clocking - a jet fighter?"

Turina – was also fined £200 and said if it stands, then he is going to send it to the Guinness Book of Records. Police claim the camera was working perfectly, but staff has bungled the charge paperwork.

ital916
3rd November 2009, 06:34
An Italian motorcyclist is appealing against the loss of his licence, after police claimed a speed camera recorded him riding at an impossible 612kph (383 mph)!

Paolo Turina, 26, said the camera was clearly defective, adding "If I could go that fast I'd enter my bike in the MotoGP world championships. Valentino Rossi would not stand a chance. What did they think they were clocking - a jet fighter?"

Turina – was also fined £200 and said if it stands, then he is going to send it to the Guinness Book of Records. Police claim the camera was working perfectly, but staff has bungled the charge paperwork.

Haha it doesnt say what type of bike he was rding. Would be interesting to know.

dogsnbikes
3rd November 2009, 07:14
Haha it doesnt say what type of bike he was rding. Would be interesting to know.

It could only been one of the blue bike hidden away at the back

Nibblet
3rd November 2009, 09:45
heres another retarded story. Funny as hell.

Amusing Speed Camera Story - God Bless the RAF
Dec 17, 2007 11:49 AM
Picked upon Reuters earlier today.

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a RAF Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea.

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.

Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style:

"Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed"

So - what would be the fine on that one?

Ecclesnz
3rd November 2009, 17:48

So - what would be the fine on that one?

Bahahahahahahahaha

mud boy
3rd November 2009, 17:57
lmao youd have to be on a y2k to even get close to that:wari:

Swoop
9th November 2009, 12:28

Sorry...
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/radar.asp

Sidewinder
9th November 2009, 12:34
blahahah how do they think it works fine lol. dumb asses

Cheshire Cat
9th November 2009, 16:11
they did a test on top gear a while back(and managed to go so fast past the speed camera in a car that it didnt go off) and I'm pretty sure the speed camrea wouldnt have got him if he was going that fast...

Sidewinder
9th November 2009, 16:13
they did a test on top gear a while back(and managed to go so fast past the speed camera in a car that it didnt go off) and I'm pretty sure the speed camrea wouldnt have got him if he was going that fast...
he must of been on minton

Cheshire Cat
9th November 2009, 16:15
he must of been on minton

Or a pretty Minton bike :blip:

roadracingoldfart
9th November 2009, 21:51
It could only been one of the blue bike hidden away at the back

Do you mean the push bike or the RS ????

Is that a CBX750 i spy ?

dogsnbikes
10th November 2009, 06:38
Do you mean the push bike or the RS ????

Is that a CBX750 i spy ?

the RS and yes it is a CBX750:yes:

roadracingoldfart
10th November 2009, 18:02
the RS and yes it is a CBX750:yes:

I have an uncontrolled desire to hunt around your garage with all those lovely Honda's in there.

RS = best bike ever ,
CBX i have a soft spot for them.(owned one from new)

dogsnbikes
10th November 2009, 18:23
I have an uncontrolled desire to hunt around your garage with all those lovely Honda's in there.

RS = best bike ever ,
CBX i have a soft spot for them.(owned one from new)

if your coming through this way and lm home the jug's always on