PDA

View Full Version : Royal Enfield to double manufacturing capacity

Bob
5th November 2009, 01:13
Royal Enfield has announced plans to double their motorcycle manufacturing capacity. An investment of 650 million rupees (USD 13.8 million) will be made to raise capacity to 100,000 units per year.

The company, which currently sells between 4,500 and 5,000 motorcycles a month, expects to sell 50,000 motorcycles in 2009.

Overseas sales are also expected to increase, becoming a more significant factor in the company’s growth. "From 5% of our total sales now, we see overseas sales growing to 15% in the next four to five years" said Eicher Group Chairman Siddhartha Lal.

Royal Enfield has exported 1,700 motorcycles between January and September 2009.

Brian d marge
5th November 2009, 02:46
I know ...Great bikes

the new ones esp C5 are Japanese in quality ,,,and look quite like the old ones

The original Indian bullet ..was well a fifty year old machine

the thing I found amazing was that ,,these things are pre war

I have the latest hi powered super computer

there is not an OUNCE of fat on any of the numbers I have looked at

those old guys were one the money with the slide rule!!

unfortunately the tax takes em to 9 k new ,,,and for that money you can get well a second hand Harley / triumph ,,,

and the bike you buy while is very reliable , made of steel and F&'(&''ing cheap to run

try 60 odd dollars for a complete fork leg ,,,or 30 for a gasket set

it was designed for a slower pace of life

I race em and ride em on the road ,,, and would only make one change ,,,cooling

but they did that since the electra

:wari:

me I would buy one for my first and only bike ,,,,,,,ever

Stephen

YellowDog
5th November 2009, 05:33
Certainly a classic.
http://momentumoffailure.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/royal-enfield-bullet-classic-c5.jpg

Mudfart
5th November 2009, 17:25
I really do like the new Enfields, especially the saddle seat model. Good price for me, but I was a bit disappointed at the low HP. Its great to see old school style surviving and thriving.

kiwisfly
5th November 2009, 18:21
I've been over in India for the last week and it was a blast to see them about Kolkata. Was dead keen to bring one back but thought it might tip the 20kg bag limit! Saw a couple of originals (or at least they looked it?) but certainly quite a number of new models but with that old school look, very nice.
As an aside I was talking with one of the locals and he was saying that you can't have anything over 250cc.
Helmets are compulsary to have but it appears not to wear judging by the number being carried not worn!
With the roads being mayhem a bike would be perfect for (I'm going to say lane splitting for that's liberal use of the word lane!!) getting around traffic.
Funnily there are'nt any trail bike type options which would be ideal there with the state of roads? I showed one of the guys I was with local a Honda model off the web & he'd never seen a bike like it before!

pete376403
5th November 2009, 20:53
isn't there a bullet scrambler or trials option? single seat, upswept small muffler, high front guard, etc.
i like the enfields a lot, had a 250 for my first bike (until mum made me take it back)
my klr is probably the japanese equivalent of a bullet - old design, heavy, not too much power, lot of fun to ride.

AllanB
5th November 2009, 20:58
I heard Eric Buell has sent them his CV .....

Brian d marge
6th November 2009, 02:32
I really do like the new Enfields, especially the saddle seat model. Good price for me, but I was a bit disappointed at the low HP. Its great to see old school style surviving and thriving.

Dont worry its has been egggzagerated ...

My 22bhp

dynos at 12.5

But by race bike is something like 25 Hp and 31 torques and will easily pull 100 km/h

the new lean burns are even better

Smiles for miles ......a lot !!!!

stephen