PDA

View Full Version : UNISMC at Asia Down Under

TOTO
5th November 2009, 11:52
yea, Ewen and the other guy from UNISMC intervewed on the pink ribbon ride for Down Under Asia :)

Well done on showing you mugs on tv boys :p

http://www.youtube.com/asiadownunder#p/a/1/2EaYQwztoSg

The Pastor
5th November 2009, 21:13
asian female bike riders

good lord.

Ragingrob
5th November 2009, 21:30
Woot the other guy is Ben.

SMC WHAT!

rie
5th November 2009, 21:50
I am mildly tiffed that neko gets to be the only female asian bike rider in auckland. where are these invisible polls being taken?!

the irony is that at the end of the ride, the onlyfemaleasianbikerider is the only one that fails to follow instructions to turn right and ploughs on straight ahead.

Good on Ben and Ewen though!

Squiggles
5th November 2009, 21:56
Haha, did they get ahold of you when they were looking for female asian riders?

rie
5th November 2009, 22:06
No, I did not get to partake in this invisible poll.

Asia down under doesn't exactly represent... journalism. They make convenient assumptions all the time. These are the guys that spawned the media catastrophe that is Melissa Lee.

Slyer
5th November 2009, 22:07
They said only asian female big bike rider. ;)
I can't say I can think of any others. =/

I saw you too Toto heh.

Rayray401
5th November 2009, 22:10
pffft...i thought asian riders were uncommon in general...let alone female asian rider..Gotta admit, too many asians still cant drive though.

rie
5th November 2009, 22:16
Would you say that was a big bike?
(in retrospect, the conditions confuse me: I must be asian, female, active in the motorcycling community and ride a 'big bike' to qualify.)

She could ride just fine. Like how asians can drive just fine. It's a matter of whether they have any regard for commonly accepted road rules. Like Neko's blatant refusal to turn Right at WIMA. But inability to follow instructions appears to be a condition that afflicts New Zealanders as a whole.

The Pastor
6th November 2009, 07:58
well im the only cbr250RR 23yr old male called scott rider in glenfield.

TOTO
6th November 2009, 08:53
well im the only cbr250RR 23yr old male called scott rider in glenfield.

that depends on your definition of "rider"

gijoe1313
6th November 2009, 08:58
:rofl: Yes, I saw this as well - my mum was surprised to see my grinning mug breaking the lens there! Was good to see some of the local crew getting their 15 seconds of fame.

And rie? I was thinking of you when they mentioned asian female bike riders ... but they just didn't want to go to any effort to canvas any others! Croft for example! :oi-grr:

Just imagine the attention if there were naked asian female bikers! :dodge: :innocent:

Slyer
6th November 2009, 10:05
To be fair Rie, you weren't there! :bleh:

EJK
6th November 2009, 10:19
She's on Kiwibiker btw, she's just never post thats all.

Ragingrob
6th November 2009, 10:27
To be fair Rie, you weren't there! :bleh:

Yep, in fact, I clearly recall Rie driving past uni where we were meeting in a CAR at the time.

retro asian
6th November 2009, 11:06
I am mildly tiffed that neko gets to be the only female asian bike rider in auckland. where are these invisible polls being taken?!

the irony is that at the end of the ride, the onlyfemaleasianbikerider is the only one that fails to follow instructions to turn right and ploughs on straight ahead.

Good on Ben and Ewen though!

Get a 1000 cc or bigger for your next bike :yes:

rie
6th November 2009, 13:03
Yep, in fact, I clearly recall Rie driving past uni where we were meeting in a CAR at the time.

guilty as charged! :sweatdrop:sweatdrop

motorbyclist
7th November 2009, 15:10
pffft...i thought asian riders were uncommon in general...let alone female asian rider..Gotta admit, too many asians still cant drive though.

I dunno, me and danae met a whole bunch of asian bikers at mission bay one night.

Apparently they're students too!

full racing leathers, all late model 600cc motorcycles.... many with aftermarket fairings (the racing replica sort on ebay)

apparently they just ride to/from the pub, and it was pretty clear no-one actually had a full licence and had simply bought a cbr/zxr/r6 rather than a skyline/evo for posing purposes..... but they were asains bikers nonetheless!

jasonzc
10th November 2009, 09:43
hahah i think ive seen them... they sit outside and put all their helmets on the table and leave shit all room for their drinks...

prob leading to a whole lot of table sucks...