PDA

View Full Version : ACC ripoff. Chance for the little bikes, the poor and the L platers

Ixion
30th November 2009, 10:40
Some of you may have felt you've missed out on the protest action so far (you don't REALLY want to pay $500 + a year for rego do you), because your bike or scooter was too small to make Wellington; or because you didn't feel confident on a long ride; or simply because you couldn't afford it.

All very valid.

So, here's YOUR chance to speak up .

Nick Smith, in person, waiting to hear from YOU. Royal Akarana Yacht Club, Tamaki Drive, 7:30 tonight.

Small bikes , L plates all VERY welcome. And it's only a kilometre down the road

Even if you don't HAVE a bike turn up anyway. In a car is fine.

Bikes meeting up at Okahu Bay at 6:30 to ride in at 7, but if you can't make that just go direct to the yacht Club.

Hanne
30th November 2009, 10:47
Be good to see as many uni guys as possible, after all, we will be voters for a very long time to come :sunny:

crazyhorse
30th November 2009, 10:47
Bit more than a km for me :rofl:

Hope you guys have a good turn out :yes:

Squiggles
30th November 2009, 11:21
Ill be thar

Real_Wolf
30th November 2009, 13:11
bah, mondays are not a good night for me, sorry

gwigs
30th November 2009, 13:26
Like Ixion said if you cant bring a bike come in a car but try to bring a helmet
if you can...you need to be seen as a biker ...
See ya there.

motorbyclist
30th November 2009, 13:29
if you can...you need to be seen as a biker ...

why?

wouldn't it be better if non-bikers (ie the voting majority) were also seen to be questioning the ACC proposals?

gwigs
30th November 2009, 14:24
why?

wouldn't it be better if non-bikers (ie the voting majority) were also seen to be questioning the ACC proposals?

How many non bikers do you think will turn up to protest about ACC levies?
Bet there wont be many.

Ragingrob
30th November 2009, 14:41
Bet there wont be many.

Exactly... And wouldn't we want a larger representation of the general public to be seen at protests?

gwigs
30th November 2009, 14:50
Exactly... And wouldn't we want a larger representation of the general public to be seen at protests?

Im not saying that I dont want a larger representation of the public.
I am saying we need a lot of bikes and bikers down there if we dont want to look like a pack of wankers..

motorbyclist
30th November 2009, 15:28
wait, what?

Danae
30th November 2009, 15:32

Bet there wont be many.

I though he mean that it would be better if it looked as though not only bikers cared. If a whole bunch of people without helmets were also questioning the increase ("the voting majority") they might actually listen to what's being said

Im not saying that I dont want a larger representation of the public.
I am saying we need a lot of bikes and bikers down there if we dont want to look like a pack of wankers..

wait, what?

Squiggles
30th November 2009, 16:42

Will see you there then Rob :D

Pedrostt500
30th November 2009, 17:32
Give Him Hell!!!.

Hanne
2nd December 2009, 11:28
Yeah, so that was fun.
At least two questions from the floor were from uni guys.
Really good mix of bikers, actually...

But guess who got bounced from The Belgium Beer Café afterwards....
Despite the fact that a certain 16 year old waltzed right in and had a beer on the deck while I shamed away on the DR ><><

Slyer
3rd December 2009, 06:20
Yeah, so that was fun.
At least two questions from the floor were from uni guys.
Really good mix of bikers, actually...

But guess who got bounced from The Belgium Beer Café afterwards....
Despite the fact that a certain 16 year old waltzed right in and had a beer on the deck while I shamed away on the DR ><><
Boioioioing!