PDA

View Full Version : MR27 form. Get one now!

mulletman
3rd December 2009, 13:47
Hi all , my current rego runs out March next year BUT NOW 3/3/2011 !!! Get down to the AA , NZ Post Shop, VTNZ and get a Application to Change Licence Expiry Date form or MR27, 15month rego from 2day !! $308 !! i got a credit cause my 'old' one ran out in March 2010 they take that off the usual price.:Punk:

breakaway
3rd December 2009, 14:06
Too risky. What if you stack your bike 2 days after getting a year's rego? I only ever get 3 months. Ever.

Icemaestro
23rd June 2010, 13:39
Too risky. What if you stack your bike 2 days after getting a year's rego? I only ever get 3 months. Ever.

You can actually get whatever amount that is left refunded...had to do it on a car that was crashed once - 200$ for the wreck and another 200 from the rego refund...not bad for a smashed up pile of metal :-P

748south
23rd June 2010, 14:02
Thats right, you just cash the rego in, assuming it's written off.

I just di dmine last week, you can use the MR27 to extand your current period a maximum of 15 months - mine expired on the 17th so i got 15 months from that date for $399.45 (750cc)

Naki Rat
23rd June 2010, 17:00
I just di dmine last week, you can use the MR27 to extand your current period a maximum of 15 months - mine expired on the 17th so i got 15 months from that date for $399.45 (750cc)

From this post (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/120076-Can-I-pay-my-registration-early-and-AVOID-the-new-fees?p=1129791384#post1129791384):
That amount agrees with what I paid yesterday to 'rego' the Sprint (955cc) until 22/09/11. My rego had expired on the 12th June so a little catch up was included and totalled $463.68. Only the first 12 months is at the old rate!

Similar situation for our Commodore which was licenced until Feb 2011. I extended that out to 22/09/11 also and it cost me $162.98. Three months (Mar-June) at the old rate but the period after July 1st 2011 is at the new rate.

What they are doing is charging the existing (old) rate for the period up until the end of June 2011. Anything beyond that is charged at the new rate. So the closer your next rego period ends after the start of next month, the more you save by extending it out to June 30th 2011 by using an MR27.

Once only offer - be in (before the end of June) :shifty:

That looks like fun
23rd June 2010, 19:06
Thats right, you just cash the rego in, assuming it's written off.

When my RS was written off due to being struck from behind during a group ride :angry: (my fault apparently, I should have run into the back of the stationary bike in front of me instead of stopping :blink: ) I tried to get a refund on the remaining 11 months rego but the Insurance company (STATE :sick: need I say more) would not give me the plates to surrender :gob:. I wonder why?
Moral of the story, if you involved in a big one and your scooter has a lot of rego on it, drag your bleeding carcass across the asphalt to your scooter and tear that alloy plate of and stick it in what remains of your jacket :yes:

RDjase
27th June 2010, 09:35
When my RS was written off due to being struck from behind during a group ride :angry: (my fault apparently, I should have run into the back of the stationary bike in front of me instead of stopping :blink: ) I tried to get a refund on the remaining 11 months rego but the Insurance company (STATE :sick: need I say more) would not give me the plates to surrender :gob:. I wonder why?
Moral of the story, if you involved in a big one and your scooter has a lot of rego on it, drag your bleeding carcass across the asphalt to your scooter and tear that alloy plate of and stick it in what remains of your jacket :yes:

I got a refund without the plate. just say the plate is lost/destroyed (i think there was another form to fill out). You still own the bikes rego not the bastard's from the insurance company