PDA

View Full Version : Today's videos from Edgecumbe (6 December)

mohawk
6th December 2009, 20:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykx7r6_F59g will load more tomorow.

mohawk
6th December 2009, 21:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBTI038cKuU

{.bLanK}G_o_D
10th December 2009, 08:53
Want some advice?

Tilt you head as you go around corners. When the bike is lent over while going around a corner, your head should be tilted closer to the level position, and turned slightly looking into the apex of the corner.
Look at GP riders, they do the same. Look at some of my helmet cam footage and you'll see my head is often level.
In your footage you don't move your head barely at all, you look like an inverted pendulum.
I thought this was a natural position to be in while going hard on a bike, I figure it is a little harder to judge distance, speed and size with everything in the world tilted to 45 odd degrees.

CookMySock
10th December 2009, 09:18
Thanks Shane. It was really useful to see Chins' off in slow-mo. Love that bike in mid-air! :niceone:

Steve

mohawk
10th December 2009, 18:32
Want some advice?

Tilt you head as you go around corners. When the bike is lent over while going around a corner, your head should be tilted closer to the level position, and turned slightly looking into the apex of the corner.
Look at GP riders, they do the same. Look at some of my helmet cam footage and you'll see my head is often level.
In your footage you don't move your head barely at all, you look like an inverted pendulum.
I thought this was a natural position to be in while going hard on a bike, I figure it is a little harder to judge distance, speed and size with everything in the world tilted to 45 odd degrees.
Too be honest i HATE bikes and have no idea how to ride them, so any advice is good . Just started too get my knee down and was pretty happy with that.:clap:

mohawk
10th December 2009, 18:39
Thanks Shane. It was really useful to see Chins' off in slow-mo. Love that bike in mid-air! :niceone:

Steve
Yup, was a bit scary to see from where i was. Glad he's ok.

Z1_ZPF_BOY
10th December 2009, 19:31
Too be honest i HATE bikes and have no idea how to ride them, so any advice is good . Just started too get my knee down and was pretty happy with that.:clap:

Nice Job Mohawk!:msn-wink: different people have their own riding style, personally i don't move on the seat or even get my knee down..... i don't know whether thats my riding style or because of my weight, lol.:o

But its nice to see you're improving! and for yourself to see your improvement. i think i tried getting down once...... bit the peg at flew across the track, haha, not a wise move.:no:

All the best,

Connor #5 :first:

ps- Are you going to race in Tam with NZMMRC full time next year?

mohawk
10th December 2009, 19:39
Lol, can get my right knee down easy now, just gotta find a left hand track so i can practice on the other one :rolleyes:..
Having Savas on all the bikes makes a big difference too.

Z1_ZPF_BOY
10th December 2009, 20:45
Lol, can get my right knee down easy now, just gotta find a left hand track so i can practice on the other one :rolleyes:..

Haha, those trusty savas aye. just be aware goin from a bike with savas to a bike with chinese tyres. you cannot trust them as much, lol.

mr_penguin
11th December 2009, 15:02

Now there's two lefts at edgecombe :)

Either that or swap knee sliders at lunch time :laugh:

As for Sava's.... I had a blat on a Mike B1 with PMT's.... then when out on
my B1 on zong ya's... and splat ! ooops.... :shit:

Need better rubber !!!

mohawk
11th December 2009, 21:07
Yea, they make a hell of a difference and last alot longer but i was getting alot of life outa the zongyas tho.