PDA

View Full Version : Bad, oil leaking

carlosliu
17th December 2009, 08:57
BAD BAD BAD, oil leaking on my honda vtr 250. :argh:

I noticed few oil drops on the ground and the black oil trace on gear lever shaft.

Which workshop in Takapuna is good on this? Need suggestion. Thanks!

TOTO
17th December 2009, 08:59
Call Motorcycle Doctors - ask for George. He is the best. He can come to your house or work and do the work on the spot. I'd have him work on my bike any day.

http://www.motorcycle-doctors.co.nz/

Icemaestro
17th December 2009, 09:32
+1 to that, he's awesome.

Tank
17th December 2009, 10:04
Takapuna - Rob at Holshot. The guy rocks!!!! and often does small jobs as a ride up.

Always a awesome help!

GOONR
17th December 2009, 16:53
Call Motorcycle Doctors - ask for George. He is the best. He can come to your house or work and do the work on the spot. I'd have him work on my bike any day.

http://www.motorcycle-doctors.co.nz/

++1

Just had George work his magic on my bike (two days ago)... Bugger me, it's like new. Runs better than it has ever done since I've had it. The man is truly a magician.

Good price as well.

carlosliu
17th December 2009, 17:12
Just called George, but he is very busy now. Can't book a time slot before I go overseas.

I will try Holeshot tomorrow morning. If they are also busy before Christmas, I will back to George after new year.

Thanks!

sharky
17th December 2009, 17:58
Spectrum - good mechanics and reasonably priced.

Subike
17th December 2009, 18:08
so its trying to become a british bike
Evey bike Ive owned in the past 35 years has had an oil leak at some time
Both my old yammys have an oil leak, I check and top them up when ness.
As you are going overseas soon, and you want to ride before then, as long as you keep a close watch on the leak, and its not dropping onto the rear tyre, then ride it.
I did 600 miles last weekend with a weaping rocker box, lost probably 50cc of oil , not a problem unless you park it up in the lounge .
You say its from around the gear lever, dont get overly concerned. book it if to be repaired while you are away and when you come back it will be ready with no riding time lost.
This is just my opinion, you make the choice.

retro asian
17th December 2009, 18:18
Cylcetreads are awesome, they seem to charge very reasonable labour prices and you don't even need a booking.

CookMySock
18th December 2009, 06:22
My guess is, that seal will just pop out and a new one will slide straight on. A general automotive mechanic might be able to save you there. Usually, a seal is a pretty standard item so you could get a replacement from an engineering supplies shop.

Steve

FROSTY
18th December 2009, 09:09
BAD BAD BAD, oil leaking on my honda vtr 250. :argh:

I noticed few oil drops on the ground and the black oil trace on gear lever shaft.

Which workshop in Takapuna is good on this? Need suggestion. Thanks!
Few drops?? are you sure its not just melted chain lube?? Ie nothing to worry about>
probably not but worth checking

carlosliu
18th December 2009, 13:35
Few drops?? are you sure its not just melted chain lube?? Ie nothing to worry about>
probably not but worth checking
Yes, you are right. I went to spectrum this morning. Turns out it's chain lube.
I'm such a newbie with zero bike knowledge. Shame!
Anyway, happy weekend!!! More riding!!!