PDA

View Full Version : Clutch question?

SuperSonic
17th December 2009, 15:01
Hi all, not sure if this is a problem or normal.

When I pull my clutch in I can see a shot of fluid coming up into the reservior. I know it's not a bubble as when I have the cap off and pull the lever fast fluid can shoot out of the reservior? SOme one said it looks like my master cycliner is done with? Is this right or is this normal for a SV?
The clutch to me seems fine and works ok at the mo. Going into first can be a bit clanky, but can change other gears with minimal clutch when on the move

Cheers.

bogan
17th December 2009, 15:17
my vt does the same thing, clutch still works good as though. On the vt it looked like the piston just needed to be pushed in a bit to cover the refil hole so the fluid came out until it was covered.

Flip
17th December 2009, 15:28
Its normal.

quickbuck
17th December 2009, 20:20
Its normal.

Certainly is.... and FFS, DON'T get that stuff in your eye.... watching it with the cover off.

SuperSonic
18th December 2009, 10:30
my vt does the same thing, clutch still works good as though. On the vt it looked like the piston just needed to be pushed in a bit to cover the refil hole so the fluid came out until it was covered.

Its normal.

Certainly is.... and FFS, DON'T get that stuff in your eye.... watching it with the cover off.

Ok wicked thanks people.:2thumbsup

kwaka_crasher
28th December 2009, 17:47

Or on the paint...