PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Knievel to attempt Evel’s London bus stunt

Bob
18th December 2009, 01:18
Robbie Knievel has announced plans to recreate – and beat – one of his father’s most famous, not to mention disastrous, stunts.

Knievel will attempt to jump 16 London buses – preferably without breaking his pelvis. This was the fate that ended his father’s career when he failed to clear 13 buses at Wembley Stadium.

Knievel, 47, said “I’ve never jumped a Harley-Davidson before and I’m ten years older than my dad was when he retired.”

NordieBoy
18th December 2009, 16:45
Should be good to watch...

Motu
18th December 2009, 16:57
He's going to use a Harley? Good on him,his Dad would be proud.No more wimpy dirt bikes for Robbie,he's going finally do what Dad did.

Headbanger
21st December 2009, 11:26
Excellent, My opinion of the jump went from meh to fuckin awesome when Harley was mentioned.

crazyhorse
21st December 2009, 11:32
we'll just have to watch it then won't we..............will he do it, or not. That is the question :done:

NordieBoy
21st December 2009, 12:04
Wonder if he'll use the Harley that guy backflipped?

HenryDorsetCase
21st December 2009, 12:05
Excellent, My opinion of the jump went from meh to fuckin awesome when Harley was mentioned.

you've seen the Kain Saul XR1200 backflip video right? that also is pretty legendary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqgwo_WdyRo

Headbanger
21st December 2009, 14:54
you've seen the Kain Saul XR1200 backflip video right? that also is pretty legendary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqgwo_WdyRo

Now I have:gob:

Love the sound of his bike.

avgas
21st December 2009, 15:02
hmmmmm I think that HD sporty is as stock as Monsta Tajima's Suzuki.....

trailblazer
21st December 2009, 20:52
that vid is mean thanks for that. we will have to watch robbie's jump it will be entertaining what ever the outcome.

NordieBoy
22nd December 2009, 07:07
hmmmmm I think that HD sporty is as stock as Monsta Tajima's Suzuki.....

A big tank and I'd use it as an adventure bike.

Okey Dokey
22nd December 2009, 07:13
If I recall correctly, old Evil would probably have cleared 16 London buses. He over cooked the whole thing, went over all the buses but also passed over the handing ramp!?! Pretty horrific landing straight- well crooked- on the ground. He is a legend, however.