PDA

View Full Version : You gotta wonder...

Danae
18th December 2009, 14:07
...what goes though some cagers' minds. Today coming through the domain I came to the intersection after the twisties to turn left (not the traffic lights) and saw some cars were coming so I stopped. I misjudged the tilt of the road a bit and stuck my left foot out to stop from falling over (lol). So I was in 2nd gear. Not a problem, I just clunked down. A car went past, and another one stuck his indicator on so I thought I might go. And I see a car that was behind me has come up to share my lane. No confirminator going, she just turns in front of me and takes a smoke from her cig. I blast the wee FXR horn and take off. I follow her and she comes up to a queue of traffic so I stop beside her open window.

"You can't share my lane."
"Well, no cars were coming, and I didn't know how long you were going to wait there."
"I don't care, you can't share my lane. What if I had gone, and you had turned in front of me?"

Silence, I don't break eye contact. I continue up the right lane and duck back in front of her. Didn't think to grab her licence plate though.

But seriously, "I was impatient, so I thought I'd risk overtaking you and possibly knocking you off your bike so I can get slightly more ahead in the queue."

What the fizzle. :mad:

Slyer
18th December 2009, 15:39
Yes, we are allowed to do it but they aren't allowed to do it back.

motorbyclist
19th December 2009, 01:20

difference being if we fuck up it's our own skin and not theirs at stake - and we'd all surely agree that cutting around and across the fronts of vehicles that are about to start moving is generally a bad idea ?

better yet, Danae still bears her L plate, so was cutting around her really a responsible/sensible thing to be doing?

What if I had gone, and you had turned in front of me?"

good thing we're aware of how retarded cagers are.

remember kids; they're all to be treated as idiots.

Slyer
19th December 2009, 01:23
remember kids; they're all to be treated as idiots.Especially motorcyclists.

Chisanga
19th December 2009, 05:42
we'd all surely agree that cutting around and across the fronts of vehicles that are about to start moving is generally a bad idea ?

Seems there is a GN250 rider who takes the Te Atatu offramp (heading west) and turns right towards the penninsula who needs to be advised of this.

I winced the other day as I was sitting in the queue (not in a hurry). While they (I think maybe she?) burned up between the two right turning lanes and turned as the lights were heading through on the green.

davebullet
19th December 2009, 06:31
I've been lucky so far and haven't had any dumb cagers. Any close calls have been my own stupid fault.

Real_Wolf
19th December 2009, 10:51
as Slyer said, its not just cagers, theres plenty of dumb bikers.

Be afraid of anything on the road is the best advice

CookMySock
19th December 2009, 10:59
Thats just the cager ethic - "get one up on the car in front of you." Thats how they live.

Steve

Danae
19th December 2009, 11:26

There's a big difference between "strategically changing lanes" (what I did) or lane-splitting and actually cutting someone off in a dangerous and stupid way. If you're trolling you fail it. :bleh:

motorbyclist
19th December 2009, 14:32
Especially motorcyclists.

can anyone remember the rules/scoring for sport commuting? I've been getting quite a bit of practice lately :niceone:

all I can remember is that the timer only runs whilst both wheels are on the ground

Cr1MiNaL
20th December 2009, 09:30
Well I would have kicked her mirror and broken it but that's just me. All learners should be learning on a race track, leave the city streets to the pro's, in 1-2 years there will be a new found respect for motorcyclists and the L platers can come have a play too haha.

Dare
20th December 2009, 13:29
in 1-2 years there will be a new found respect for motorcyclists

What makes you think that?

Danae
20th December 2009, 16:30
Well I would have kicked her mirror and broken it but that's just me. All learners should be learning on a race track, leave the city streets to the pro's, in 1-2 years there will be a new found respect for motorcyclists and the L platers can come have a play too haha.

I'm sorry, but how can you be respected if you kick mirrors off? And the race track is nothing like the road...I'm of the opinion that Auckland streets are the best way to learn to be aware of what's around you and react accordingly.

Cr1MiNaL
20th December 2009, 16:57
I'm sorry, but how can you be respected if you kick mirrors off? And the race track is nothing like the road...I'm of the opinion that Auckland streets are the best way to learn to be aware of what's around you and react accordingly.

Respect is earned not dished out. I am a very courteous rider ... to those that deserve it.

Dare
20th December 2009, 17:02

I'm of the opinion that Auckland streets are the best place to get your pride and joy turned into an extra large hood ornament.

Cheshire Cat
20th December 2009, 18:55
know any builders?

you need a tool pouch(or whatever theyre called) and say a hammer or something harder than your fist. bash the mirror off......but you might want to get a bigger bike first lol
also with getting a bigger bike people tend to respect you a bit more...

Cheshire Cat
20th December 2009, 18:58

yea you learn shitloads on a track(and different things than on the road) but you need traffic. its apart of learning how to ride a bike.

Cheshire Cat
20th December 2009, 19:00

+1
ride like youre invisible. but remember cops can still see you most of the time:laugh: