PDA

View Full Version : Minimoto racing

drummer
4th May 2005, 05:31
Hi all... anyone here apart from me race pocket bikes...? If so... where? I race in the AMCC bucket meetings at Mt Wellington...

FROSTY
4th May 2005, 10:21
give me a yell drummer--theres a small group of guys racing once a month at silverdale kart track.

White trash
4th May 2005, 10:27
Myself and Hayden have a bike each.

Mine's a fiddy, aircooled. Hayden has one of the new 40cc Liquid cooled rockets. 16000rpm, clutch doesn't even start to engage untill 8000!

The thing fucken flys but isn't quite as good as mine on the indoor tracks.

TwoSeven
4th May 2005, 13:33
I'd like to down here in chch, but currently i'm a student (broke) and dont have access to a machine. Seems to be quite cheap as well.

Its top of my list of things to do when pay checks start again tho. :)

drummer
4th May 2005, 15:14
give me a yell drummer--theres a small group of guys racing once a month at silverdale kart track.
awesome... will make contact!

Maximus
4th May 2005, 15:43
Hi all... anyone here apart from me race pocket bikes...? If so... where? I race in the AMCC bucket meetings at Mt Wellington...

Anyone got any pic's of these in action? I've heard about them, but im ashamed to say that i've never seen them? . . . .

drummer
4th May 2005, 15:52
have a look at www.minimoto.co.nz there is heaps of stuff on them.... images, forums, movies.. At this years national champs in Hamilton there were 7 classes and over 100 bikes.

dveus
4th May 2005, 17:47
I took about 150 photos at the nationals in hamilton earlier this year, will upload a few when I find them.

Kickaha
4th May 2005, 18:19
Anyone got any pic's of these in action? I've heard about them, but im ashamed to say that i've never seen them? . . . .

I dont know if they still do but on Monday nights after 7pm they used to race them at the indoor kart track in Moorhouse ave

If you go see Chris at Street and Sport he'll be able to tell you if they are still doing it

I've done a couple of laps of the Blenheim Kart Track and consider them dangerous :yes:

Slipstream
4th May 2005, 18:25
Myself and Hayden have a bike each.

Mine's a fiddy, aircooled. Hayden has one of the new 40cc Liquid cooled rockets. 16000rpm, clutch doesn't even start to engage untill 8000!

The thing fucken flys but isn't quite as good as mine on the indoor tracks.
Some pictures of Lil' Trash

Slipstream
4th May 2005, 18:26
Some pictures of Lil' Trash

and what happens after a good day of racing :devil2:

bugjuice
4th May 2005, 18:28
I'd love to have a go on those lil' things.. they look like great fun!

frosty, we'll have to arrange another kart night.. i have goals to meet

drummer
4th May 2005, 19:12
I dont know if they still do but on Monday nights after 7pm they used to race them at the indoor kart track in Moorhouse ave

If you go see Chris at Street and Sport he'll be able to tell you if they are still doing it

I've done a couple of laps of the Blenheim Kart Track and consider them dangerous :yes:
best way to describe them is a two wheel Kart. They have different dynamics from full size bikes and are quite difficult to ride fast. Corner speed is way important to maintain momentum... we even have a one hour race in Akl... 2 riders with pitstops... my co-rider last time was a mate who races a FXR150 in buckets... he reckons it took 5 days to get over it... and more hairy than the buckets. Start off on a Chinese air cooled machine costing less than a grand... a set of tyres last the season... minimal costs. From there the skies the limit... my new bike is a chinese copy of a Blata 12hp.. has Italian slicks, race computer, steering dampener, water cooling 16000 rpm... should hit the 90kph mark which is fast when you are that close to the ground! I absolutely encourage you all to try it... perhaps we could organise a Minimoto day for kiwiriders in Akl at Mt Wellington kart track as part of the AMCC bucket practise day. I am sure we could get a few stock DII's along to let anyone interested have a blast!. Anyone keen?

dveus
4th May 2005, 19:31
I took about 150 photos at the nationals in hamilton earlier this year, will upload a few when I find them.

heres 1 of the pics, It's painfully slow editing them on this laptop so will only upload the 1 for now. (really missing my PC)

Slipstream
4th May 2005, 19:34
.... even being as small as they are....they can be dangerous.

A friend of KB went to a Halloween party....

Alcohol + peers + minimoto = broken collar bone

Moral of story...don't dress up as a good luck gnome. :niceone:

Matt Bleck
4th May 2005, 20:04
Hmm.. :confused: looks cramped, is it really that much fun?? :unsure:

Brian d marge
4th May 2005, 21:02
Back in the day..... London , we had a dealers evening colins suzuki and us...onda dealers
I was black flagged for trying to bump the back wheel of the bike in front of me and try and send him into the haybails ( he was me Boss and all fair in revenge !!)
Yes they are a llittle cramped , but u can use you body parts as brakes if you go way to hot into a corner ,,,
this was an indoor kart track the ole singer car plant in west london

way to much fun for a friday nite ,,,,,,,,

want to nite mx next...

Stephen :devil2:

Kwaka-Kid
4th May 2005, 23:28
im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO Keen... have heard alot about them/racing them... but what sort do u need to race semi-competetively.. i heard there are a range of different sorts etc...

Whaddya reckon KB'ers do a bulk buy and rip some in ex-taiwan? :D

FROSTY
5th May 2005, 08:08
Now given its not a MNZ sanctioned event--hrmmmmm
yhose things are EXACTLT a fit for baby bikie -I think thered be a bit of shite from the adults though--yea well I was caning into a corner and some 5 year old kid came screaming past me etc etc

bugjuice
5th May 2005, 09:15
there's a few go-kart tracks around Auckland to use them one, I even know a radio control car track that my bro and I took go-karts on, so it could be the Taupo track of the MM world!! that was tiny..
hey, with these, I might even get my knee down!!

drummer
5th May 2005, 11:25
Now given its not a MNZ sanctioned event--hrmmmmm
yhose things are EXACTLT a fit for baby bikie -I think thered be a bit of shite from the adults though--yea well I was caning into a corner and some 5 year old kid came screaming past me etc etc
AMCC conducts the racing under MNZ rules and we race at their meetings

White trash
5th May 2005, 15:23

Ummmmm, you got a pulse there?

bungbung
5th May 2005, 15:39
Its <b>way</b> more exciting when you're pissed.

White trash
5th May 2005, 15:50

It's way *way* more exciting when you're pissed, watching a pair of BIG pissed cunts wobble around on one after 1am in the morning.

Not at the same time of course, that's just dangerous.

drummer
5th May 2005, 16:11
Absolutely... it is cramped but loads of fun. The dynamics are way different and it takes some getting used to.

drummer
5th May 2005, 16:12
I would strongly advise against that when flat out.. especially on a higher hp race version!

drummer
5th May 2005, 16:13
So who's interested in coming to a try out day? I'll post it elseware on the forum as well to guage numbers.

bungbung
5th May 2005, 16:15
I would strongly advise against that when flat out.. especially on a higher hp race version!

Too late for the fella with the broken collar-bone

White trash
5th May 2005, 16:18

Too late for the fella with the broken collar-bone

And that wasn't even the quick one!

Haydens will do over 80 kays mate, my one's a baby at 45kph.

JohnBoy
5th May 2005, 16:39
It's way *way* more exciting when you're pissed, watching a pair of BIG pissed cunts wobble around on one after 1am in the morning.
me and a few mates looked at it and we pulled out because of that fact... we would probably end up miles from home pissed as doing donuts in a park and get arrested...

but still keen tho, is there any where you could hire em. kinda like go-karts or something??

White trash
5th May 2005, 16:42
me and a few mates looked at it and we pulled out because of that fact... we would probably end up miles from home pissed as doing donuts in a park and get arrested...

but still keen tho, is there any where you could hire em. kinda like go-karts or something??

Kart operators have a hard enough time getting OSH approval for Karts, let alone these potentially limb breaking machines.

Next time ya down, give me a holler, I'll bring the bikes, you bring the Steinlager.

JohnBoy
6th May 2005, 16:29
Next time ya down, give me a holler, I'll bring the bikes, you bring the Steinlager.

Sounds like the go!! will have to get SB in on the act...
:drinknsin

drummer
7th May 2005, 13:44
Kart operators have a hard enough time getting OSH approval for Karts, let alone these potentially limb breaking machines.

The problem is the safety gear. I looked into setting up a hire business with some heavy duty pocket bikes that are out there... but getting council approval and Osh to approve was diffcult... also considered those motorised scooters... they are a better bet for safety... according to the regulators!

drummer
7th May 2005, 15:32
Link to poll on subject. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=11776 Will chat with some other minimoto guys re the tryout day.

Krayy
27th September 2005, 08:41
Just had a look at the Minimoto site and a few others, and it looks way fun. A bit less hassle to get into than Buckets too with having set classes for off the shelf bikes. Do they have weight specific classes, or doi us fat c**ts have to run with you tiny buggers? :thud:

aff-man
27th September 2005, 18:40
There might be more of us soon.......