PDA

View Full Version : Rossi sticks to two wheels… for now

Bob
12th January 2010, 01:21
Valentino Rossi has confirmed he will stay on two wheels, for the time being.

Rossi, 30, also hinted that rallying would be where he will switch once his MotoGP career is over. "There are not many changes in a man's body between 22 and 34 so I still have some time left" Rossi was quoted as saying by Reuters, adding "I would consider shifting to cars, probably rallying, after that before I finally decide to take it easy."

Given 34 being mentioned specifically, is this the strongest hint yet that the multiple world champion will leave motorcycle racing once his current contract expires? Watch this space.

Monkeynz
12th January 2010, 05:45

Rossi, 30, also hinted that rallying would be where he will switch once his MotoGP career is over. "There are not many changes in a man's body between 22 and 34 so I still have some time left" Rossi was quoted as saying by Reuters, adding "I would consider shifting to cars, probably rallying, after that before I finally decide to take it easy."

Given 34 being mentioned specifically, is this the strongest hint yet that the multiple world champion will leave motorcycle racing once his current contract expires? Watch this space.

Oh no, once he does retire I'll definitely miss his after race interviews, he's brilliant. He'll make an excellent rally driver too I'm sure. I think from memory he has already spent some time behind the wheel of a rally car.

vifferman
12th January 2010, 08:05
I think from memory he has already spent some time behind the wheel of a rally car.
Indeed he has - he even competed in NZ, but finished 11th out of 39 entrants.
Here's a Noobtoob clip of some of his MadSkillz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohf-BVtIHGA

Despite much speculation about it, it's unlikely he'll even go to F1 - he was OK(ish) in testing, but says he finds bikes more fun, whereas in F1 the driver isn't quite so important - he's basically just part of the machine, like being a robot. Much less room for tactics, less opportunity for passing, etc.

eelracing
12th January 2010, 08:16

once his current contract expires? .

Nah man he and Jerry (if he aint retired) are giong over to Ducati.
It's a given...an Italian champion on an Italian bike.

Dodgyiti
12th January 2010, 13:32
It's a given...an Italian champion on an Italian bike.

That would be nice, wonder how he would go on the Ducati. Seems only Casey is winning on it so far.