PDA

View Full Version : Edgecumbe racing this weekend

CookMySock
1st February 2010, 09:04
Edgecumbe Pocket Bike Club welcomes members, guests, and everyone else to an epic weekend of minimoto track time.

Practice Saturday 6 feb from mid-day.
Racing (double points!) Sunday 7 feb from 9am.

Ladies classes
Kids 5-9 yo
Kids 10-14 yo
Adults classes

Our little club is getting new members every meeting, but we're going to make sure we keep that kiwi grass roots "little club" feeling.

Bikers - these are real race bikes on a track. Have a try.. go on.. its funny!

Mums and Dads - track days for your kids are 20 bucks! New bikes are $200 ! Cheap fun, and watch your kids grow in lots of different ways.

See you there!
Steve

stallion
1st February 2010, 18:32
mean as, we be there. hope its fine for camping lol

{.bLanK}G_o_D
1st February 2010, 22:24
You NI bastards get all the fun. (good bastards that is, I'm jealous)

BiK3RChiK
2nd February 2010, 07:33

Awwwww..... You should put it out there who's interested in racing minimoto down your ways and see if you can find an area to race them and go hard man! It's awesome fun :2thumbsup

888mike
2nd February 2010, 09:06
Hey there folks, there will be a brand new bike ready to race up for grabs at the track this weekend one of our new riders has moved away and didn't even get to race the bike it is up for $250.00 which is cheap considering its had all the usuall teething problems sorted allready. Cheers and see you at the track.
Mike (vice pres EBPBC)

Scotty595
2nd February 2010, 19:44
Not sure if i'll be able to make it down this time $$$ a bit tight

mohawk
2nd February 2010, 19:45

Fly up. Its bloody near worth it for two days of raceing.

rapid van cleef
2nd February 2010, 20:19
I may be interested in that bike............may..i ll have to see...

Scotty595
2nd February 2010, 21:28
I may be interested in that bike............may..i ll have to see...

It's definately worth getting one that has had all the issues worked out.

imdying
3rd February 2010, 11:15
Fly up. Its bloody near worth it for two days of raceing.It's on our list of things to do... we just need a van we can take to the NI. Be a bit hard to fly with half a dozen bikes lol :D

{.bLanK}G_o_D
3rd February 2010, 16:34
Awwwww..... You should put it out there who's interested in racing minimoto down your ways and see if you can find an area to race them and go hard man! It's awesome fun :2thumbsup

Yip we know a half dozen or so that already have bikes, problem is there is very few places we can race them properly.
Halswell Kart track would be perfect but they wont let minimotos on their track. There's a track up in Kaikoura but it's pretty unloved and fucked.
Best place we have at the moment is Wigram aerodrome, but that wont be there for ever. Bloody mowrees are gonna build houses there soon.
Next best thing is Ruapuna. We're going to gear the H2O bikes up one of these days and see if we can do some short laps.
Oh yeah, and my monster cag is still part of the citrus fruit family. Boy how I wish I had have just brought a B1 oragami.

Fly up. Its bloody near worth it for two days of raceing.

Part of the reason we haven't been out much lately is also because my work are getting anal about personal use of the work vans. (so they don't get nailed by IRD) I don't own a cage, Mal has an mr2, Drew could fit a bike in the backseat of his sunny if he had too, but we really need a van. We are on the look out for a cheap piece of shit van that is legal and will make it to the NI and back several times without hassle. ROAD TRIP! :soon:
Count on seeing us at some stage. You have all the great minimoto tracks. Look after them.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
3rd February 2010, 16:35
I don't think we could get away with a minimoto as carry on luggage. hahahaha
If we could I'd be there in a flash!

BigAl
3rd February 2010, 20:43
I don't think we could get away with a minimoto as carry on luggage. hahahaha

Dismantle and stuff pockets full of parts, lol.

imdying
4th February 2010, 11:53
Dismantle and stuff pockets full of parts, lol.Ahh that'd be funny shit... I'd step away from the others during the security check point and say in a loud voice "DID YOU GUYS JUST SAY YOU HAD BOMB PARTS IN YOUR POCKETS???!" bahahahahah :D

CookMySock
4th February 2010, 12:51
In front of airline security....

"DID YOU GUYS JUST SAY YOU HAD BOMB PARTS IN YOUR POCKETS???!"Yes!!!.........................

JOKING ALREADY GEEEEZ RELAX MAAAAAAN, why so serious? LOL

Steve

imdying
4th February 2010, 13:33
Jokes aside, I wonder what it would cost to fly them up with us... as bad as one imagines? I mean, Air NZ help all those teams for faggy sports like rugby get around the country...

CookMySock
4th February 2010, 14:46
Fold bars, put in suitcase. But heyyyy whats that petrol smell?

Steve

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th February 2010, 17:27
Jokes aside, I wonder what it would cost to fly them up with us... as bad as one imagines? I mean, Air NZ help all those teams for faggy sports like rugby get around the country...

Good point, nothing to loose by asking. Or we could freight them up to Winnie on a pellet a week prior to us flying up.

Ray LeCheminant
4th February 2010, 19:51
Good point, nothing to loose by asking. Or we could freight them up to Winnie on a pellet a week prior to us flying up.

Guys - I work for a freight company - I could see what I could work out for you. Could freight them to PMR - and you could collect from there.....

Will need to PURGE fuel etc....but once on a pallet , fairly straight forward.

Let me know what you think.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th February 2010, 20:34
Guys - I work for a freight company - I could see what I could work out for you.

Oh really?
Defiantly keen to know what it'll cost.
If we could get a decent deal on freight, we'd probably be looking at taking 3 w/c and 3 a/c bikes (one each for the 3 of us). I wonder if we could squeeze 6 bikes onto one standard pellet. 3 wide, 2 high. Might be 2 pellets, will need tools, probably pack the helmets and leathers in there too. Just thinking out loud here.
Purging fuel and coolant isn't a problem.
PM me some details if you can swing something for us Ray. Cheers dude.:headbang:

Ray LeCheminant
4th February 2010, 20:55
Oh really?
Defiantly keen to know what it'll cost.
If we could get a decent deal on freight, we'd probably be looking at taking 3 w/c and 3 a/c bikes (one each for the 3 of us). I wonder if we could squeeze 6 bikes onto one standard pellet. 3 wide, 2 high. Might be 2 pellets, will need tools, probably pack the helmets and leathers in there too. Just thinking out loud here.
Purging fuel and coolant isn't a problem.
PM me some details if you can swing something for us Ray. Cheers dude.:headbang:

Hey - just comes down to a m3/kg rate essentially. You build a crate (so you can re-use it , and keep the dims to 1 x 1 x 1 and the cost would be fairly reasonable.

You could then just work out where the best place to collect it from would be - will PM you with more info.

Ray

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th February 2010, 21:11
Yip, I'm more than capable of building a custom create or two.
It'd be sick to come race you guys on a proper track for a whole weekend.:banana:

CookMySock
4th February 2010, 21:27
If you are freighting to the Edgecumbe area (to race here), I can probably find a drop off point and some temporary storage.

Steve

mohawk
4th February 2010, 21:30
You could send them up before you, or mabey just bring your favorite one and borrow a d2 of one of us. We got heaps.lol.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th February 2010, 21:38
Cheers for the offers guys. Much appreciated and I'll keep it in mind.
With a little help from you guys up there this might now be a realistic mission.

mohawk
4th February 2010, 21:40
With the cost of 3 air fares and freight for the bikes and maybe accomidation, it might be cheaper to rent a camper and fill it up with a couple more mates. Get packing, see you sunday.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th February 2010, 22:21
Mwahahaha Sunday. lol ummmm yeah

With a camper there is also fuel costs, ferry, and I'm pretty sure the camper company wont too appreciate 2 stroke and petrol fumes throughout their vehicle. Not totally out of the question though.
You can see where this conversation is going though cant you? Well I can because we've discussed it more than thrice.
We really need to buy a van, then we could make multiple trips over the season.
Still worth looking into freighting a couple of pellets and flying up. Not as expensive as one might initially think.

imdying
5th February 2010, 08:16
If we could get a decent deal on freight, we'd probably be looking at taking 3 w/c and 3 a/c bikes (one each for the 3 of us).Yeah, sure, we could get 6 Chinese bikes going all at one time :rofl:

Yip, I'm more than capable of building a custom create or two.Fook yeah, Mr Nail Gun would have it done in no time!

If you are freighting to the Edgecumbe area (to race here), I can probably find a drop off point and some temporary storage.w00t

You could send them up before you, or mabey just bring your favorite one and borrow a d2 of one of us. We got heaps.lol.That would definitely be worth looking at :yes: All our D2s are standard on slimey tyres, so wouldn't make a difference to us :)

With the cost of 3 air fares and freight for the bikes and maybe accomidation, it might be cheaper to rent a camper and fill it up with a couple more mates.We've talked about it, but I had to be the voice of reason and suggest that perhaps the camper company won't be happy about leaky Chinese crappers stinking out their campers :/

Well I can because we've discussed it more than thrice.
We really need to buy a van, then we could make multiple trips over the season.That would be the ideal :yes:

CookMySock
5th February 2010, 10:25
I've never seen a camper with a towbar (trailer-load of bikes?), and it would be four days drive up and back from ch-ch - don't know how enjoyable that would be. Likely you had a complete guts full by the time you got back.

This time of year it would make a good 3-4 days away. We usually open up at midday on saturday, but if folks are keen we can open earlier. This gives you a hardcore-solid two days of track time.

Thornton beach motor camp is ten mins down the road (bring fishing rods!) or quite likely you will meet up with a like-minded group and hit the hot pools saturday night or whatever spanks your monkey.

Steve

CookMySock
5th February 2010, 10:41
Racing this weekend is ON. Weather is looking perfect - a little cloud to keep extreme temps away, just a very light breeze, and a dry track all weekend.

Track opens midday on saturday for practice, and 9am on sunday for racing.

Members, see you there!

Prospective members, wanna-hava-goers, and anyone else, sat afternoon is the ideal time to wander through the "pits" (sit on the grass under the trees) and have a little turn.

Parents, give your kids a buzz - we'll put them on a real race bike on a real track.

Steve

imdying
5th February 2010, 10:58
I've never seen a camper with a towbar (trailer-load of bikes?), and it would be four days drive up and back from ch-ch - don't know how enjoyable that would be. Likely you had a complete guts full by the time you got back.Yup, a trailer would be the win... but I've had the accomodation argument with the boys, and buggered if I'm going to go to all that effort and be physically knackered by the time we race, so it's definitely worth the extra $60 each per night for a hotel room IMHO. The Andyman would happily sleep under the stars if he thought he could save a dollar, so it'll be hard to convince him :laugh: Pretty sure we can drive up in a day, leave at 4am, catch the midday sailing, be in the BOP around 10pm.

This time of year it would make a good 3-4 days away. We usually open up at midday on saturday, but if folks are keen we can open earlier. This gives you a hardcore-solid two days of track time.That'd be mint :yes:

Thornton beach motor camp is ten mins down the road (bring fishing rods!) or quite likely you will meet up with a like-minded group and hit the hot pools saturday night or whatever spanks your monkey.We'd find plenty of ways to pass the time... hell I'll bring a mobile broadband card with me and we'll see who can successfully troll the most people on KB in an hour :rofl:

CookMySock
5th February 2010, 15:17
definitely worth the extra $60 each per night for a hotel room IMHO.I'll see if the local pub has any accomodation, or else you will have to shoot into whakatane (only 15min). There might be cabins at thornton too (5mins.)

leave at 4am, catch the midday sailing, be in the BOP around 10pm.Farkenarse.. 17 hours according to gmaps. Not my cuppa tea. :crazy:

Steve

mohawk
6th February 2010, 10:56
Hellen wants new leather pants.
Anyone with some that might fit for sale bring them along...Her Revit pants will be for sale when she finds something.

Ray LeCheminant
9th February 2010, 09:56
If you are freighting to the Edgecumbe area (to race here), I can probably find a drop off point and some temporary storage.

Steve

Hi guys....Edgecumbe was not really the intended destination - Taumaranui was the first stop :rockon:

Still working on the best route/pricing for you guys - I know the return freight truck goes via Taumaranui :rockon: so should not be that expensive!

Cheers

GT :woohoo:

mohawk
9th February 2010, 18:49
But we've been talking about racing in Edgecumbe on this thread Ray.

woodyracer
9th February 2010, 19:22
why does no one like tams??

mohawk
9th February 2010, 19:37
Tams is cool, but its miles from anywhere and the raceing and numbers of bikes in Edgecumbe is alot better.
The track is big and its not often you have under 10 bikes in a race, Even the women are getting good numbers 6+ and new members at every meeting.
Things are well run and everyone gets along great.

woodyracer
9th February 2010, 19:58
Tams is cool, but its miles from anywhere and the raceing and numbers of bikes in Edgecumbe is alot better.
The track is big and its not often you have under 10 bikes in a race, Even the women are getting good numbers 6+ and new members at every meeting.
Things are well run and everyone gets along great.

id have to agree with you there....... edgecumbe does look alot better, never made it to edge cumbe when i raced......would of liked to tho

{.bLanK}G_o_D
10th February 2010, 17:03
We haven't decided which track we will attend. We were kinda thinking Edgecumbe, but we have tons to consider before making any definite decision.
Shit, if there is racing two weekends in a row at different locations, we might consider staying over a week and get twice as much racing in.
Anybody have any video of Taumaranui?

imdying
10th February 2010, 17:15
Yeah, it's about $1500-$2500 (depending on travel and accomodation options chosen) to make the trip for three of us, and probably only another $500-$800 odd to add another week on, so would be good to do a couple of races at once.

mohawk
10th February 2010, 18:22
Check all my utube vidios. theres heaps of edgecumbe, tam and mt wellington and some from waihi. Sad theres not many of us that bother to get around much lol.

CookMySock
10th February 2010, 19:01
If anyone really needs to economise, theres always a local back lawn or two to put a tent up on.

Hey sometimes ya gotta.. :(

Steve

Z1_ZPF_BOY
10th February 2010, 20:02
We haven't decided which track we will attend. We were kinda thinking Edgecumbe, but we have tons to consider before making any definite decision.
Shit, if there is racing two weekends in a row at different locations, we might consider staying over a week and get twice as much racing in.
Anybody have any video of Taumaranui?

here is some good vids of Taumarunui.... http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=NZ#/profile?user=r6efw&client=mv-google

{.bLanK}G_o_D
12th February 2010, 22:47
here is some good vids of Taumarunui.... http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=NZ#/profile?user=r6efw&client=mv-google

That link didn't work. Found the Taumarunui videos tho.
I couldn't find any of the Wellington track tho. Looks choice from google (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-41.087313,175.175049&spn=0.002774,0.008111&t=h&z=18).

mohawk
13th February 2010, 05:47
Mount Welington ,Auckland. Track days.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
13th February 2010, 14:17
That link didn't work. Found the Taumarunui videos tho.
I couldn't find any of the Wellington track tho. Looks choice from google (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-41.087313,175.175049&spn=0.002774,0.008111&t=h&z=18).

{.bLanK}G_o_D
13th February 2010, 14:23
Found it by looking for kart tracks.
Wellington kart track vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrD__KRMIRs)
How fucking awesome does that look boys!!

woodyracer
13th February 2010, 14:37
Found it by looking for kart tracks.
Wellington kart track vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrD__KRMIRs)
How fucking awesome does that look boys!!

are you allowed on there??

i thought it was only karts and buckets

{.bLanK}G_o_D
13th February 2010, 14:45
It's in the list of tracks from the NZMMRC website. Not sure if they race minimotos there or not. ZPF_BOY or Ray will know.

mohawk
13th February 2010, 14:45
Didnt they stop raceing there ?............. Taranaki was a good track too.

woodyracer
13th February 2010, 16:24
na the nzmmrc dosnt ride there, no pockets there anymore, they stoped ridign there when i started

{.bLanK}G_o_D
13th February 2010, 17:11
Bugger, that looks like a really nice track.

xtreme
13th February 2010, 19:09
Hi all

Wellington is available for minimoto racing. Im headng back that way so if there is interest in running there im sure i can arrange it.
NZMMRC stopped racing there for a national round as petrol got to $2.17 a ltre and a fare amount of members didnt want to travel that far. Shame really as it is probably the best track available to us.
We have run Wellington champs meetings there as well , a one day meeting.
I spoke to the president of the club before i left Wellington about future meetings and he said at the time it wouldnt be a problem and we would be welcome back.
Let me know how many of you are interested.

So yes it is there if you guys want it.

Cheers Greg