PDA

View Full Version : Hyo top seller in Aus

Big Dave
9th February 2010, 12:01
Off the wires:

Hyosung GT650R top Sports Bike in January!

Hyosung's GT650R was the top selling Sports Bike in January, with a 26.5% increase in sales over 2009.
The Hyosung GT650R outsold its nearest rival, the Yamaha R1 by 4 units. "This was an especially pleasing result for Hyosung", commented Hyosung's Marketing Manager Mal Jarrett.
Since the release of the new fuel injected range last year, sales of the Hyosung range in general has lifted significantly.
The GT650R has an amazing list of running gear that is supplied as standard, such as USD forks, 4 piston brakes, 40Kw in LAMS form, and also come with a 2 year unlimited warranty.

onearmedbandit
9th February 2010, 12:04
I've seen one. That ain't a sports bike.

But good on them otherwise.

slofox
9th February 2010, 12:22
Yet another example of "warehouse mentality" IMO...

Big Dave
9th February 2010, 12:42
Yes OAB - now that you point it out - ' its nearest rival, the Yamaha R1' is a rather long bow.

Headbanger
9th February 2010, 13:00
USD forks

That right there.

CookMySock
9th February 2010, 13:58
It will be because of the 40KW LAMS spec - thats a hell of a "learner" bike, and completely unsuitable for timid riders.. Will piss all over anything remotely in the ballpark that is learner legal.

Even as a transition bike for someone just off their restricted, they are quite a handful - If not its' 80HP then the sheer weight and difficult handling of the thing. Just doing a U turn on one with its low bars is quite disconcerting. Upright bikes are far easier to manage than the hyo R's.

Steve

R6_kid
9th February 2010, 13:58
Had quick look over a nekkid 2010 GT650 at Hampton Downs yesterday. Actually not a bad looking bike in pearl white. Would be nice to see higher quality suspension and brakes fitted, and the frame looks like it could lose some weight while being made to look more aesthetically pleasing. I can see it becoming quite a good bike in the years to come - from what I've heard it's already more powerful than the SV650/Gladius/ER6 so not looking too bad.

CookMySock
9th February 2010, 15:28
I just got my wifes naked 650 comet on the road, and I like it more than my R. It just wants to corner harder and ride over roundabouts and other stupid shit. Is this a naked bike thing? "beat me" written across its tank...

It's only missing a turbo hanging off the side of it, and I'll rectify that shortly.

Steve

crazyhorse
9th February 2010, 15:39
Off the wires:

Hyosung GT650R top Sports Bike in January!

Hyosung's GT650R was the top selling Sports Bike in January, with a 26.5% increase in sales over 2009.
The Hyosung GT650R outsold its nearest rival, the Yamaha R1 by 4 units. "This was an especially pleasing result for Hyosung", commented Hyosung's Marketing Manager Mal Jarrett.
Since the release of the new fuel injected range last year, sales of the Hyosung range in general has lifted significantly.
The GT650R has an amazing list of running gear that is supplied as standard, such as USD forks, 4 piston brakes, 40Kw in LAMS form, and also come with a 2 year unlimited warranty.

Maybe they don't break down over there :rofl: :whistle:

Headbanger
9th February 2010, 15:58
Is this a naked bike thing?

Its a lack of skill thing, combined with a shit bike.

R6_kid
9th February 2010, 16:08
It's only missing a turbo hanging off the side of it, and I'll rectify that shortly.

If you actually do that and it works you might regain some respect around this place.

Str8 Jacket
9th February 2010, 16:10
If you actually do that and it works you might regain some respect around this place.

Especially if he turboed off to Australia on it.

Mr Whippy chains are international aren't they?

Tank
10th February 2010, 10:02
I just got my wifes naked 650 comet on the road, and I like it more than my R.

Thats what happens when you try put other bikes. The comet is a far better bike than the hobag R. Having said that so is my wifes AN125 scooter. Get out there - try more bikes, and when you get some cash trade up the hobag to something more quality - you will enjoy riding so much more and you will never go back.

Too far gone R6_Kid, he's too far gone.

Especially if he turboed off to Australia on it.

Mr Whippy chains are international aren't they?

Ohh you going to get infracted after the waaaaaaaabulance is called.

CookMySock
10th February 2010, 12:04
If you actually do that and it works you might regain some respect around this place.You flatter yourself thinking that any of your actions or thoughts have any effect on me. You spend time imagining that you are some person with more meaning or authority in your life than I, but in reality you live a fantasy. ;)

Steve

Tank
10th February 2010, 12:19
You flatter yourself thinking that any of your actions or thoughts have any effect on me.

So how do you explain your running to the mods and waaaaaaing everytime someone says something that makes you cry? It would appear that the actions and thoughts of people on here have a very real effect on you.

edited and section deleted.

Received PM from mod stating that DB has not waaaaaaaaaaaa'ed in ages. Dosnt mean that ha hasn't dont it lots of time previously, but he has stopped doing it of late.

so credit where credit is due. Hes improving.